WARNING end of april 2008

I have the 18 & 19 booked PLVC. Will it be incredibly loud? I'm a light sleeper.

Well looks like I will get to expirence this. Our plans are the 4/37 - 5/3.

That is the only time I have off from school. Oh well, we planned on spending a lot of time in Epcot anyway.

You'll miss the experience seeing you will be checking in on 4/37. :jester:

I took my wife down for the week a couple of years ago when I proposed to her at Narcoossee's. I had it planned for months. I had the ring box sent down to the manager to put under the silverplatter that they were bringing out a special cinderella's slipper desert from Victoria and Albert's. I was going to lift the top platter and ask her RIGHT before the fireworks went off. So when she said yes, the fireworks would start. It was our second night we were there and I was so nervous ALL day. Then the manger calls and says she forgot but its Grad night at Magic Kingdom so the fireworks are going off tonight. She offer to make me the same ressie after the weekend but I couldn't wait two more days. I could hardly stand it. Needless to say she was still very excited and its the thought that counts. ;)

We also were there 4/22-4/27 this year. The only thing I'd add is that you might want to avoid the MK the evening of or the evening before grad night. We were there on Thursday eve and found large groups of giggling, loud teenagers, who occassionally were swearing, playing grab-***, etc. No, I'm not so much complaining about their behavior-DS was on a senior trip to WDW in high school and I'm afraid he was probably just as loud and giggling (I hope not the other stuff, though). But it doesn't mean I enjoyed it.

I took my wife down for the week a couple of years ago when I proposed to her at Narcoossee's. I had it planned for months. I had the ring box sent down to the manager to put under the silverplatter that they were bringing out a special cinderella's slipper desert from Victoria and Albert's. I was going to lift the top platter and ask her RIGHT before the fireworks went off. So when she said yes, the fireworks would start. It was our second night we were there and I was so nervous ALL day. Then the manger calls and says she forgot but its Grad night at Magic Kingdom so the fireworks are going off tonight. She offer to make me the same ressie after the weekend but I couldn't wait two more days. I could hardly stand it. Needless to say she was still very excited and its the thought that counts. ;)

Married 36 years and the fireworks are still going off. My only request to her is that she aims them to the sky....not at me.:banana: :banana:

My DD's school is going down next year as a senior class trip; I'll have to double check the dates and see if that is when they are going

We were there during Grad Night this year and really found that it barely impacted our park touring. We went to MK the TH before to see Wishes followed by the 2nd Spectro and were surpised that we could also get on Buzz several times. On Friday, we booked the Fantasmic dinner so we wouldn't have to worry about crowds at the Studios. We loved that Sat at MK was fairly empty, so we had no probelm sleeping in and still having a great day for touring.

Best of luck -- Suzanne

We have been to WDW several years in a row now during weeks with Grad Nights. As long as you know ahead of time and don't plan on going to MK on one of those nights then there is no problem at all. We have noticed no difference at crowds at the other parks and had no issues at our resorts (usually not value resorts - that may help) with mobs of teenagers.

In fact, we find the last week in April to be a perfect time to go - the weather is perfect and crowds are reasonably low.

I agree. We were there from 4/16-4/23 this year. Two of those nights were grad nights. The only thing we changed in our schedule was dinner at CG. We were afraid that traffic would be heavy in the MK area, so we opted for Jiko (my fave) instead. We weren't disappointed!

I saw in your signature that we were there the same year! Can you believe it's the class of 08 this year? We went to EPCOT too, back when EPCOT was new and shiny and had cool rides like World of Motion, Horizons, and the original Journey to Imagination. And - Capt. EO :3dglasses

Thanks for the memories . :goodvibes

We actually had a really bad time with Grad Night crowds back in 2003. My birthday is in late April, and we vowed never to go again due to this. There were large groups of teenagers in the parks during the days (like they came for Grad Night but stayed for a few days), and they were loud, rude, and cut a lot of lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter