Warning! New FP Limits for Passholders with Multiple Stays - NOT Split Stays: READ Post #484

Status
Not open for further replies.

kes601

DIS Veteran
Latest Edit (4/11/19):

There appears to be a resolution to this problem coming. Please reference post # 406:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...s-read-post-406.3737301/page-21#post-60489726

---------------

New Edit (4/8/19):
Even though I am not planning to post anymore in this thread, I wanted to summarize one more time since new information seems to have have come to light.

We don't know that this is only affecting passholders, it might be affecting everybody.

When Disney fixed the recently introduced split stay issue so that it would once again allow people to book up to 14 days at a time with a split stay they MIGHT HAVE introduced a new bug for all visitors.

This bug is that if you have more than 2 stays in a 60 day period your early FP booking (60 day window) WILL NOT open for the second stay until you have checked out of your first stay.

Example:
If you have a stay from June 15-22 and then a stay from July 18-25, your June 15 FP window should open on time on April 16, 2019. However, your 60 day window for July 18 WILL NOT open on May 19 like it should. It will not open until you have checked out of the June 15-22 stay.

I hope this provides some clarification so users don't have to read through several pages of posts that aren't necessarily related.

---------------

Editing this first post for new visitors:

The original thread was a question I had, but has morphed into something different. With the recent changes to the FP system it seems either Disney IT has instituted a bug or there are really new policies for AP holders in regards to FPs and resort stays.

It used to be that AP holders with resort stays had the exact same benefits for FPs as regular ticket holders. However, something has changed in the FP system. It works properly for AP holders on their first stays -- 60 days out w/a 14 day limit. But, if you have another stay that is within 60 days of that first stay your window WILL NOT open until you check out of your first stay. So, let's say you have a 5 day stay in early May and another stay in June, you WILL NOT be able to make ANY FPs for June until your May stay ends.

This is clearly a bug, but the entire misunderstanding of CMs in regards to AP FPs is beyond ridiculous. You will get different answers depending on who you talk to.

Discussion begins around this location in the thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...with-resort-stay.3737301/page-6#post-60430364

-------------------

Original first post:

I am hoping somebody on here has recent experience with this because I am getting way conflicting answers from cast members vs internet searches vs other passholders.

So, there is a rule that says passholders can only have 7 days worth of fastpasses at a time, which I totally get, however within the same FAQ on the Disney site it says that those with resort stays can book for the entire stay up to 14 days.

So my question is, do any passholders have recent experience with booking more than 7 days of fastpasses at a time when you have an ON SITE reservation at a resort.

We are potentially going for 3 days at Memorial Day Weekend, 2 weeks in June, and a week in July. What I don't want to happen is for a 3 day Memorial Day Weekend stay to only allow us to book 4 days of FPs in June until the May FPs are used. And I don't want our June trip to completely keep us from booking July FPs until we are in the second half of it.

Seems to me that if I am giving Disney my money to stay on property I should get the same FP privileges as other guests.

Last edited:
I just booked 8 days of fastpasses. Did not know there was a seven day limit?

If you have an on-site stay, you can book FP for up to 14 days of FP if you are an AP holder. I have done it. If your stay is 10 days, you can book 10 days of FP at the 60 day mark, same as any non-AP holder. If you stay May 1-10 (checking out on May 11) you can book FP for May 1-11 (arrival day through checkout day).

The 7 day limit applies if you are an AP holder, with no on-site stay booked. It keeps us from booking 30 days worth of AP in case we might feel like going one day.

I will add that right now the whole FP system is wonky (there are several threads about it, I won't re-hash it here). I will also add that most information I have ever been given by a CM conflicts some other information either from another CM or on the website, or in the park.

If you have an on-site stay, you can book FP for up to 14 days of FP if you are an AP holder. I have done it. If your stay is 10 days, you can book 10 days of FP at the 60 day mark, same as any non-AP holder. If you stay May 1-10 (checking out on May 11) you can book FP for May 1-11 (arrival day through checkout day).

The 7 day limit applies if you are an AP holder, with no on-site stay booked. It keeps us from booking 30 days worth of AP in case we might feel like going one day.

I will add that right now the whole FP system is wonky (there are several threads about it, I won't re-hash it here). I will also add that most information I have ever been given by a CM conflicts some other information either from another CM or on the website, or in the park.

Thank you. I totally and completely get the 7 day limit without a resort stay (I fully support that). I just don't want our 4 day stay in May to mess up our ability to get prime fastpasses for June, and June to affect July. All in it would be a potential of 28 fastpass days within a 60 day timeframe.

I just booked 8 days of fastpasses. Did not know there was a seven day limit?
reylas -- are you a passholder? The 7 day limit applies to passholders only, but I think only without resort stays -- this is just unbeknownst to cast members it seems....

Thank you. I totally and completely get the 7 day limit without a resort stay (I fully support that). I just don't want our 4 day stay in May to mess up our ability to get prime fastpasses for June, and June to affect July. All in it would be a potential of 28 fastpass days within a 60 day timeframe.

I'm not sure if this helps but we went August 17-25 (so 9 days of FP booked) and then went again September 23-30 (9 more days of FP). I was able to book FP for both trips without issue. I *believe* the system looks at the limit per stay (and again, it is a complete mess right now). If I were not an AP and stayed for those trips, my FP booking would have been the same- length of stay at 60 days out for each trip.

reylas -- are you a passholder? The 7 day limit applies to passholders only, but I think only without resort stays -- this is just unbeknownst to cast members it seems....

I have spoken to a CM, called back immediately and been given an entirely different answer not 10 minutes later. So frustrating! Also, the FP system is a mess right now so someone being able to book 8 days without a resort stay may also be due to that (or the poster may have a resort stay and misunderstood that the limit we're talking about is different with a resort stay). The 7 day limit applies if you do not have a resort stay.

Thanks Edna.
I'm not sure if this helps but we went August 17-25 (so 9 days of FP booked) and then went again September 23-30 (9 more days of FP). I was able to book FP for both trips without issue. I *believe* the system looks at the limit per stay (and again, it is a complete mess right now). If I were not an AP and stayed for those trips, my FP booking would have been the same- length of stay at 60 days out for each trip.

I have spoken to a CM, called back immediately and been given an entirely different answer not 10 minutes later. So frustrating! Also, the FP system is a mess right now so someone being able to book 8 days without a resort stay may also be due to that (or the poster may have a resort stay and misunderstood that the limit we're talking about is different with a resort stay). The 7 day limit applies if you do not have a resort stay.

Thanks Edna. I did a "test" as we are also going in April. Once I did my 4 days for that trip I indeed could only do 3 other days within that 30 day window, so the 7 day limit does work in that sense. I'm contemplating doing an "exploratory" 4 day reservation in late March / early April and see if I can grab fastpasses all 4 days and then all 4 days for the "real" April trip at the same time. That would tell me if the recent FP changes would cause any issues. I of course would then cancel the room only exploratory reservation quite quickly. Disney would still be fun without the fastpasses all planned out, but it certainly is less stressful if you can grab what you want early on.

With an AP, you can book FPs for as many days of on-site resort stay days as you have, regardless of the number of trips. If they are all days of on-site resort stays, all is good.

You can run into problems if you have an off site stay anywhere in the mix, that can trigger the AP FP limit coming into play.

I have a split stay in Aug...5 nights on site and 7 off. I know i can only book 6 days worth of FP at 60 days and then 1 day at 30 and then day by day as I use them. I have another On Site stay in Oct at which my 60 FP window opens on my move day in Aug. Can i have 6 days of FP (off site) in Aug and 7 days of FP (on site) in Oct at the same time?

The AP rule is:

You can book the number of on-site nights + 1 -or- 7, whichever is greater.

I have seen people get confused and think it's 7 + on-site days, but that is not correct.

So, here is a response I got from the VIPassholders desk....again either they don't know what they are talking about or the system doesn't work as it should:

-------
Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort and for being one of our valued Annual Passholders!

Upon reviewing your upcoming trips I can see that the summer trips may have some issue with making FastPasses.

I see you made 3 days of FastPasses for your April trip. That leaves enough days remaining for the May trip to not be impacted. The June trip would be the biggest impacted trip for your FastPasses. What I would suggest with that trip is that when the window opens for those FastPasses you should be able to make 3 days worth of FastPasses to start with. I would highly suggest that when you are able to make FastPasses for the trips make your Avatar: Flight of Passage, Frozen Ever After or Slinky Dog Dash with your FastPasses as any resolution we have may not be able to include those attractions.

As you are making the hard to get FastPasses give us a call here at the V.I.Passholder Help Desk and let us see how we can assist with the dates that you can't make FastPasses for during the June trip.

The same will exist for the July trip. So, again, give us a call here and we can see how we can help. Depending on how we can assist with June and July will impact the future trips past that. If we can help you may be able to make those FastPasses for the August trip. However, resolutions will be on a trip by trip basis.
------

Last summer I had 3 onsite days, a cruise on the fantasy, and then another week onsite. I could only make 7 days of fp+ reservations with my annual pass because my onsite stay wasn’t continuous. I called the IT help line a couple times and got the same answer both times.

If my 10 nights were continuous, I could have 10 days of fastpasses. Since they weren’t, I only got 7 days.

APs and FPs have never gone together well. From the FP FAQ Booking Windows post, with the last sentence just added:

- Annual Pass (AP) holders have similar benefits as onsite guests when staying at an onsite resort. The primary difference is that AP holders can book up to 7 days of FPs at all times, and more if the length of the onsite stay is greater. Multiple trips within a short period can confuse MDX and result in unpredictable FP booking behavior.

My parents had a short 2 park day trip in December and a longer 6 park day trip in January. They were staying onsite for both. When I booked fastpasses for them initially, I was only able to book 5 days for the January trip and was told that we couldn't book more until they used 1 day of FPs from their December trip. I think I was eventually able to book the fastpasses for their 6th January day (8th day total) before their December trip but I can't remember what opened up that day for them.

I wonder if you have two different reservations (one week at one resort, second week at a different resort), if they would recognize that as a continuous stay?

I have AP's. We are going March 14-24. All my FP+ are made no issues. I am also going April 26-30. All my FP+ are made with no issues.

today, March 1 - In MDE, if I go to make any new FP+. I can make FP+ any day for the next 30 days, up to 7 days worth consecutive. The dates between April 1 and April 26 are blocked.

I have AP's. We are going March 14-24. All my FP+ are made no issues. I am also going April 26-30. All my FP+ are made with no issues.

today, March 1 - In MDE, if I go to make any new FP+. I can make FP+ any day for the next 30 days, up to 7 days worth consecutive.

I'm not sure I understand... this should not be possible. If your stays are onsite and you have used all of the 16 FP days for your onsite trips (March 14-24 = 11 days, April 26-30 = 5 days), you should not be able to book any more FP, even <30 days out.

Now if you booked FPs over <16 days, you can book some in March (16 - days used). MDE doesn't care when you book the FPs, it's just the total number it cares about.

Can you clarify this @hiroMYhero ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter