Warning! New FP Limits for Passholders with Multiple Stays - NOT Split Stays: READ Post #484

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you both, but both of these are exceptions- the Disney Springs hotels are not Disney owned and automatically trigger the 7-day AP rule and the different people in AngiTN’s reservation means the guests in the next reservation will be umbrellaed.

Anyone with a second onsite reservation in late June that can report back? Or is jbentley with an early July ressie the next?
I have an off-site stay next week. Four days of FPs are currently booked for that stay. During the off-site stay, our FP window opens for our on-site stay in June where we also need four days of FPs. The June trip includes seven others NOT on the April trip. Not sure anyone else has such a weird situation going on but I’ll report back regardless.

First year ever of having APs and it doesn’t feel like an advantage so far.

I have an off-site stay next week. Four days of FPs are currently booked for that stay. During the off-site stay, our FP window opens for our on-site stay in June where we also need four days of FPs. The June trip includes seven others NOT on the April trip. Not sure anyone else has such a weird situation going on but I’ll report back regardless.

First year ever of having APs and it doesn’t feel like an advantage so far.
I'm fairly certain your window will open since you don't have a previous onsite stay in MDE, but if you have an AP, you'll be limited to 3 days of FPs since you already have 4 FPs not associated with an onsite stay. But, please report back.

My first year with an AP, and I think it will be my last. Not getting the full onsite benefits is a pain.

I was told (very firmly and very smugly) that the "length of stay" rule only applies to continuous stays. I was told that this has been the AP policy since the FP+ system was first introduced. I asked to speak to someone else and was told "they're just going to say the same thing." Total nonsense.

I was talking to a co-worker about this whole situation (a big Disney fan like me) and we concluded that when the 60 window abuse issue was "fixed" the front line CMs were told "You're going to have tons of people calling and saying they can't book FPs the way they used to be ale to. This is because we fixed a lot of loopholes that were getting abused. Be firm in telling callers that the new IT constraints are a reflection of the true policy and the way things were supposed to be working all along." Or something along those lines. So the front line CMs stick to this script. If the caller gives up - oh well. If the caller persists and demands to speak to a supervisor - then maybe, just maybe they'll actually listen and assist you. Of course all of this takes a lot of time and causes the guest a ton of frustration. It's one of those "I can't believe I spent this much money to be treated this badly" moments.

Having a resort reservation and ticket media is supposed to give you the significant benefit of booking FPs at the 60 day window for your length of stay. This is an extremely time sensitive benefit. If it doesn't work exactly as it is supposed to at 7am, its value plummets. Even if you eventually find someone to help you (after waiting on hold and probably getting transferred a few times) - the value is already diminished, many sought after FPs will be gone. The CM inserted FPs are inflexible and the "multiple experience" FPs don't include many of the best, new attractions.

I really hope this is fixed tomorrow. There is a lot of trust that needs to be restored.

I couldn't have said this better myself. I think we need to keep explaining this to the higher ups (e.g., George Kalagridis) who can actually do something about this.

an update on my case. I was originally booked at FW for April 27 to may 10 and then June 5 to 11. I had 9 fast pass days booked for the April/may trip. just changed the April/may trip to April 28 to May 2 at GF and cancelled a bunch of fast passes. I now only have 3 days booked. My June window did not open and I can't see past May 17 (the 30 day window). But I can and always could book fast-passes from May 10 to whenever the 30 day window closed. the system is still majorly screwed up.

Ok. Please let me know your thoughts because it seems you are experiencing it right now. My split stay in in July. I am staying July 4th and checking out the 5th. I'll be off property for two days. I come back and stay July 8th to 13th. AngiTN seems to think that since both of my stays are within 30 days of each other I'll have no issue. Two Questions.

1) When my first window opens on May 5th, since I have an AP do you think I'll immediately be able to book for 30 days out which would allow me to book for my stay July 8th to 13th? I have had a CM tell me that. I've been told three different things. The other two told me I'm going to have issues and be out of luck but one told me I would be able to book everything as soon as my first window opens.

2) If my first window opens and I can only book for the 4th and 5th, would you expect my next window to open as it should on May 9th? I'm hoping since my days are within 30 days of one another I can.

By the way, I only want to book 6 days of fast passes. July 4th and then July 8th to the 12th. I was also told by a CM that if I didn't book anything on the 4th when my first window opened that when my 2nd window opened on May 9th she "thought" I would be able to book the entire week of the 8th to the 13th. She didn't know and said to call back if I had issues that morning.

Ok. Please let me know your thoughts because it seems you are experiencing it right now. My split stay in in July. I am staying July 4th and checking out the 5th. I'll be off property for two days. I come back and stay July 8th to 13th. AngiTN seems to think that since both of my stays are within 30 days of each other I'll have no issue. Two Questions.

1) When my first window opens on May 5th, since I have an AP do you think I'll immediately be able to book for 30 days out which would allow me to book for my stay July 8th to 13th? I have had a CM tell me that. I've been told three different things. The other two told me I'm going to have issues and be out of luck but one told me I would be able to book everything as soon as my first window opens.

2) If my first window opens and I can only book for the 4th and 5th, would you expect my next window to open as it should on May 9th? I'm hoping since my days are within 30 days of one another I can.

By the way, I only want to book 6 days of fast passes. July 4th and then July 8th to the 12th. I was also told by a CM that if I didn't book anything on the 4th when my first window opened that when my 2nd window opened on May 9th she "thought" I would be able to book the entire week of the 8th to the 13th. She didn't know and said to call back if I had issues that morning.

If things don't change, you will not be able to book both stays.

1) No, that isn't how it works. With any ticket (including an AP), you have a rolling 30 from today. When your window opens for July 4-5, you'll see that July 4 and 5 open. Only July 4 and 5 (in addition to your rolling 30). So, on May 5th, you'll be able to book FP for May 5-June 4 and July 4-5.

2) No. I have tested several versions of this and even leaving one gap day will cause the 2nd window not to open.

The number of FP one wants to book is irrelevant (as long as said number is less than 14 and there are enough onsite days to match). The problem is that your 2nd window won't open. Hopefully it will be fixed by May 5th.

Last edited:
Remind me again, I think I had already asked this, but with so many people and stays, I've forgotten. You are staying at YC CL, right? Do you have any CLFP booked? Where are your other stays?

This weekend and May are both YC CL (but this trip was just a regular room until this morning). No CLFPs, no DS hotels, no offsite, no extra CM-made FPs, nada. Just a total of 7 days of regular FP between the two stays. I do have a single night booked at ASMu for tomorrow since we get in after midnight, but I doubt that's affecting anything since I don't have any FPs for tomorrow. I also have a split stay at ASMo (1 night) and YC (4 nights) for September but that's way outside the relevant time periods.

Luckily, my May stay opened for a bit at the 60 day mark, I'm told due to a different glitch, but it's closed now, and the 7 day limit isn't even letting me make FPs for the checkin day of that stay even though it's in the 30 days and available in blue. Good thing we get in late that day too and I don't really need FPs for checkin day anyway.

1) No, that isn't how it works. With any ticket (including an AP), you have a rolling 30 from today. When your window opens for July 4-5, you'll see that July 4 and 5 open. Only July 4 and 5 (in addition to your rolling 30). So, on May 5th, you'll be able to book FP for May 5-June 4 and July 4-5.

2) No. I have tested several versions of this and even leaving one gap day will cause the 2nd window not to open.

The number of FP one wants to book is irrelevant (as long as said number is less than 14 and there are onsite nights to match). The problem is that your 2nd window won't open. Hopefully it will be fixed by May 5th.

This pretty much sucks. I'm not going to lie, it pretty much ticks me off. I don't quite understand how they can't see that they are hurting the people most loyal to them and that staying on site and having an AP is worthless with the way they currently have things set up. I don't even really freaking care to book fastpasses on July 4th. I just want them for the next week! We simply decided to fly in a day earlier to enjoy the fireworks and relax before heading to universal and now our trip is a freaking mess. I'm being very polite with my words. You can imagine what I'd actually like to tell them. How in the heck can they not see the issue in this and get a fix! I love that they told me on Tuesday that they would have a fix today and obviously they don't. I am not confident whatsoever that they will have a fix by May 5th.

Reading all this makes me not want to buy my AP in October. We have a dvc trip planned in December/January, but it doesn’t have to be a parks trip. I may just buy a five day ticket for my friend trip in June 2020. Just forget the parks. It’s not worth it with this aggravation.

The number of FP one wants to book is irrelevant (as long as said number is less than 14 and there are onsite nights to match). The problem is that your 2nd window won't open. Hopefully it will be fixed by May 5th.

Anomamatt is right. My 60 day period opened up as normal back in Feb for my April/May stay. booked 9 days. I booked a stay Mar 21 - 22 and made fastpasses for that stay. while at the CR went in to check the April/May stay. that's when I noticed something wasn't right and got the 7 day answer from the CM. All I could see was up until May 10 on April 6 when the 60 day window should have opened for my June 5 stay. When April 11 came I rechecked the fast-pass calendar and May 11 had opened up. I was able to book a fast pass for that day despite having 9 days booked already. It is now April 17 and I have up to May 17 open on my fastpass window. when I canceled all but 3 days of fastpass due to the changes, I checked and still only have may 17 open so I am unable to book fastpasses still for the June trip. I grow more frustrated with Disney each passing day. this is only our 2nd year of AP since 2010 and at this point am really thinking we will probably not renew.

This pretty much sucks. I'm not going to lie, it pretty much ticks me off. I don't quite understand how they can't see that they are hurting the people most loyal to them and that staying on site and having an AP is worthless with the way they currently have things set up. I don't even really freaking care to book fastpasses on July 4th. I just want them for the next week! We simply decided to fly in a day earlier to enjoy the fireworks and relax before heading to universal and now our trip is a freaking mess. I'm being very polite with my words. You can imagine what I'd actually like to tell them. How in the heck can they not see the issue in this and get a fix! I love that they told me on Tuesday that they would have a fix today and obviously they don't. I am not confident whatsoever that they will have a fix by May 5th.

We all understand. I will say that I'm very confident this is all unintentional, not that that makes it any better... at least it seems like supervisors understand what the problem actually is -- the phone CMs certainly do not. That gives me some hope this will be fixed... But I also wonder if they won't just wait until whatever the new (rumored, but from good sources) pay-for-FP system is that rolls out later in the year.

What I would do is book your FP for the second leg of your trip and then see if you can go back to the July 4th day since those are the most important ones for you.

What I would do is book your FP for the second leg of your trip and then see if you can go back to the July 4th day since those are the most important ones for you.
That is my plan if my second window opens. From what some people are replying to me, that will be the issue. If somehow all days are open for my second window, I'm booking them first. I could do without the July 4th fastpasses. I just want the 8th to 12th

That is my plan if my second window opens. From what some people are replying to me, that will be the issue. If somehow all days are open for my second window, I'm booking them first. I could do without the July 4th fastpasses. I just want the 8th to 12th
I think you will be fine if you do not book any FP prior to that window opening up.

If it opens. The current issue is that the second window doesn’t open. So you have no access to the days.

One solution would be to add an extra profile (phantom, etc) to the second reservation. And use that profile to umbrella in the others. Doing this will invoke the 7 day rule, however.

I realized what I was thinking that has made the difference in how I was looking at it.
I was looking at it from booking the first FP starting at 30 days, not 60 days.
Why I can't explain. Obviously, no one wants to wait till 30 days to book their FP. You'd be missing out on many desired FP.
But anyway, it has made me wonder, what if you did wait till 30 days to book the first FP, would it then let you book the FP for both trips?

If it opens. The current issue is that the second window doesn’t open. So you have no access to the days.

One solution would be to add an extra profile (phantom, etc) to the second reservation. And use that profile to umbrella in the others. Doing this will invoke the 7 day rule, however.
PP doesn't want more than 7 days so it wouldn't matter

The number of FP one wants to book is irrelevant (as long as said number is less than 14 and there are enough onsite days to match). The problem is that your 2nd window won't open. Hopefully it will be fixed by May 5th.
So the days never open for the 2nd trip? Not even when the trip actually starts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter