Warning! New FP Limits for Passholders with Multiple Stays - NOT Split Stays: READ Post #484

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please explain how to add an extra profile to the second location and umbrella them? If it isnt fixed by a few days before I plan on doing whatever I need to get it to open. Thanks

Can you please explain how to add an extra profile to the second location and umbrella them? If it isnt fixed by a few days before I plan on doing whatever I need to get it to open. Thanks

Actually... the new umbrella rules will require a ticketed profile. So that isn’t really workable. I’ll think about a way around it.

You’d want to add a phantom child. Create a profile with whatever name you want and add them to the second room. The 2nd window will open for that phantom since they have no 1st stay.

But I need to think more about this given the recent umbrella changes. It would have worked fine a few weeks ago.

Reactions: CJN
It will have to be a child under 3, unless you have a spare ticket on your account

It will have to be a child under 3, unless you have a spare ticket on your account

It’s been a while since my youngest was 2, but if they are under 3 you still cannot book them FP, right? So with the changes to the umbrella, maybe this isn’t a solution at all?

Reactions: CJN

It’s been a while since my youngest was 2, but if they are under 3 you still cannot book them FP, right? So with the changes to the umbrella, maybe this isn’t a solution at all?
I was only looking at it as a different name on the reservation as a whole. I have no idea if it would help or not

My mother in law went with us last year and is still connected to our mde. We had a 6 overnight stay and she bought a 7 day hopper but we only went 6 days. Would she still have one day of that left. I think I can add her to our stay. But, if I add her and she doesnt go do I have to leave her on there or can I remove her and keep our fastpasses once inside the 30 day window?

I'm trying to add her and it isnt letting me. Not sure if I should use her or try to create another profile but I know she had a 7 day hopper and she only went into the parks 6 days.

I'm trying to add her and it isnt letting me. Not sure if I should use her or try to create another profile but I know she had a 7 day hopper and she only went into the parks 6 days.
She would have to be on the resort reservation to be added, as far as I know and she wouldn't have any entries left on the ticket. It expired 14 days after she first used it.

I can thankfully report some good news this morning. As of last night I was affected by both the 7 day fastpass limit and the inability to see my additional trips on the fastpass calendar. This morning I logged on and could finally see my June trip and I am able to book fastpasses for every day that I have onsite reservations (with this exception of one day showing as all parks have concluded fastpass disbursement). This includes fastpasses for trips May 4-12, May 18-21, and June 14-17 for a total of 12 days of fastpasses. I had just called last night before discovering this thread and received the company line of 7 days max being the official policy regardless of being onsite, but that they agreed that it seemed unfair and had been having meetings regarding the issue and that the higher-ups were aware of the issues and agreed. After reading through this thread it seemed like that was more just a cover story, but hopefully I'm not an anomaly and the issue is now resolved for everyone.

Not sure whether things are fixed, or whether it's partially fixed, or what.

Today I can see my full May 17-20 stay open (blue) and I can book FPs for checkin day. Yesterday, I only saw checkin day as blue, since the 30 day mark had reached May 17, but I couldn't book any FPs for it (getting the "over your limit" error). I also briefly had 8 days of FPs, 4 for the April stay and 4 for the May stay (I cancelled the extra day in May after booking it since I don't really need it, I just wanted to test it to see if it works).

Not sure whether things are fixed, or whether it's partially fixed, or what.

Today I can see my full May 17-20 stay open (blue) and I can book FPs for checkin day. Yesterday, I only saw checkin day as blue, since the 30 day mark had reached May 17, but I couldn't book any FPs for it (getting the "over your limit" error). I also briefly had 8 days of FPs, 4 for the April stay and 4 for the May stay (I cancelled the extra day in May after booking it since I don't really need it, I just wanted to test it to see if it works).
Then it does sound like it is fixed. If yesterday you couldn't even book for May 17, but now you can and you had 8 days of FPs briefly (until you yourself cancelled day 8) then it let you book for 2 stays w/in 60 days AND let you have more than the 7 days of FPs.

Why would you think it is only "partially" fixed? Maybe I am missing something in your post.

Last edited:
Then it does sound like it is fixed. If yesterday you couldn't even book for May 17, but now you cay you can and you had 8 days of FPs briefly (until you yourself cancelled day 8) then it let you book for 2 stays w/in 60 days AND let you have more than the 7 days.

Why would you think it is only "partially" fixed? Maybe I am missing something in your post.

I'll believe it's fixed when I see multiple others post that their second stay windows are now open and they can book 7+ days between the two trips. I'd especially like to see confirmation from someone whose second stay is more than 30 days out.

I can't trust that it's not just me that can now get into my second stay, or that it's not some other glitch, or that it's related to both stays being within the 30 days, or that the stars just aligned somehow and it's a fluke.

Paranoid? Why yes, but Disney IT makes me that way. :-)

If things don't change, you will not be able to book both stays.

1) No, that isn't how it works. With any ticket (including an AP), you have a rolling 30 from today. When your window opens for July 4-5, you'll see that July 4 and 5 open. Only July 4 and 5 (in addition to your rolling 30). So, on May 5th, you'll be able to book FP for May 5-June 4 and July 4-5.

2) No. I have tested several versions of this and even leaving one gap day will cause the 2nd window not to open.

The number of FP one wants to book is irrelevant (as long as said number is less than 14 and there are enough onsite days to match). The problem is that your 2nd window won't open. Hopefully it will be fixed by May 5th.
I'm starting to seriously wonder if Disney is worth this much angst, planning and stress anymore. Honest to god, vacations should NOT be this hard.

To piggyback on the multiple stay issue (that seems fixed), I do notice that I am unable to modify any resort stays and dining reservations in my plans. I do wonder if whatever they did to fix the FP issues caused an issue with modifications of reservations....

I'm starting to seriously wonder if Disney is worth this much angst, planning and stress anymore. Honest to god, vacations should NOT be this hard.
True but I have to admit, as an AP holder, I don't stress over rides anymore.
We ride what we ride and if we can't ride it, we do it next time.
That is the beauty of being an AP holder, there is always a next time.
It does take a lot of the stress off. And I plan extremely little now. Heck, for our trip with DGD at the first of June, I've got some days where we only did 1 FP at the parks, the hard to get ones. We'll figure out the others later.
And on our trip that we start tomorrow, we've already decided to swap park days, and FP

To piggyback on the multiple stay issue (that seems fixed), I do notice that I am unable to modify any resort stays and dining reservations in my plans. I do wonder if whatever they did to fix the FP issues caused an issue with modifications of reservations....
Nah, that's a normal glitchy come and go thing
Give it a minute, I'm sure you'll be able to do it
Or log out, clear cookies and try again
Or go private and try

True but I have to admit, as an AP holder, I don't stress over rides anymore.
We ride what we ride and if we can't ride it, we do it next time.
That is the beauty of being an AP holder, there is always a next time.
It does take a lot of the stress off. And I plan extremely little now. Heck, for our trip with DGD at the first of June, I've got some days where we only did 1 FP at the parks, the hard to get ones. We'll figure out the others later.
And on our trip that we start tomorrow, we've already decided to swap park days, and FP
I'm an AP holder but won't be renewing for many reasons (all related to Disney, none to me). I still find every visit stressful even with an AP.

Nah, that's a normal glitchy come and go thing
Give it a minute, I'm sure you'll be able to do it
Or log out, clear cookies and try again
Or go private and try
Trust me, I know the tricks :-)

It's been that way all morning and it's not one of those where it thinks for a few seconds and then throws up the text, it immediately goes to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter