WARNING! This PTR is 10 months of obsessive planning

tinkerbell3747

DIS Veteran
WARNING! This PTR is 10 months of obsessive planning in the making…Join at your own risk.

Hi everyone,
I am going to assume you have read the warning that accompanies this PTR….Our trip is 10 long months away, I am an obsessive planner and my hubby gives me full control which……I Love :lovestruc. This trip will be very special as it is actually the first trip where we are going alone as a family. All of our past trips we’ve played tour guide to my family members. Our 2003 trip was DS first trip and DD had not arrived until 1 ½ yrs later. In 2006 my DSis and DN joined us along with DN’s Dad for DD first trip (also DN first trip they are 20 days apart). In 2008 My DM, Ddad, DB, Dsis, DN, DH, DS, DD and myself had us a mini Grand Gathering. Now I love my family dearly and for the most part we get along well, and are pretty close to each other BUT I will admit I am looking forward to some family time minus the extended version…
So I guess its time I introduce you to the cast for this trip….

Myself – Shakisha (27) (call me Keisha if you like- everyone does it lol) I Love <3 Tinkerbell, Princess Jasmine is my favorite Princess and I love ROLLER COASTERS and BIG THRILLS! My favorite thing to do at Disney other than attractions would be to walk down Main Street U.S.A first thing in the morning on my way to CRT for Breakfast….hmmm smells so so good.

DH – Bruce (30) He loves taking trips to Disney but he won’t admit it….weird I know. He can not tolerate any of the Big Thrills and has no desire to try them so his ticket allows me to hold multiple FP’s too many of the BT attractions at once. His favorite attraction is SOARIN! Who doesn’t love this attraction? Loves Le Cellier and the Water Parks so we hit each park at least 2 or 3 times

DS – Kameron (10) He loves the water parks too and he’s a boy after his momma’s heart he too is a Disney Lover! I have trained him well. He can give detailed directions of each park and knows a lot of the short cuts….my little explorer. Not sure he has a favorite attraction he loves them all. His stomach can not tolerate Roller Coasters or Big Thrills but he can do some like Kali River which he normally likes to do many times…..

DD – Kaya (6) Oh man she is a Princess DIVA! All wrapped up in one….she loves all things Disney too! Hey I am 2/2 in that department …..Go Mom Go Mom Go Mom..ok her favorite attraction is Dumbo and Buzz Light Year Space Ranger Spin then again we all love this one and normally spend one morning riding it about 5 times before the line gets to more than a 15 min wait…..but Dad always wins…..

Up next….Trip details and travel plans to date and some Pics.….

I'm here! Can't wait for your next update!

Hi and :welcome:,

I am adding the PTR link to my siggy as we speak and hopefully will be back shortly with a new update. Could you tell me how I would edit the link to read as my title does....did that make any sense...:confused3

This will be my first PTR, so I hope to keep it intersting....

Thanks for joining...

I'm here!! You may proceed now... :cool2:

Hopefully I don't miss too much while I am gone, but I will catch up in no time... :thumbsup2

I'm here!! You may proceed now... :cool2:

Hopefully I don't miss too much while I am gone, but I will catch up in no time... :thumbsup2

Hey Toni....:hug:

Don't worry there are 10 months of planning and preperations so I am sure with your speed reading skills you'll catch up in no time.....besides its still very early in the game ;)

Hey, joining in because.............. Our trip is next August too. We're going August 19-27 and staying at All Star Music!!!

LET'S WAIT TOGETHER :yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo:

Hey, joining in because.............. Our trip is next August too. We're going August 19-27 and staying at All Star Music!!!

LET'S WAIT TOGETHER :yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo:

:welcome: so nice to have you :hug:....you will see when I start listing my plans and booking things that I have gotten some great ideas from your TR....

Update coming tonight right now I have to get to work.....

Hi everyone – so sorry this is so late we had back to school night last night and with 2 students in school this year it took us a while to meet both teachers see both class room review 2 yearly plans etc…..

Now back to our regularly schedule update…..

When, Where, How long….thoughts on how we will get there….

So I have booked a package for us to arrive August 9th – 22nd 2010….and I will be booking a room only reservation for the 23rd at the end of this month. 15 full days of MAGIC!!!! We are staying at POP Century and we absolutely love this resort.

So that covers the When, Where and How long…. Now how do we get there?…. We have to fly there is no driving from the Caymans to Orlando LOL so we are limited there. Our flight times are also limited because we have no direct flights all flights connect in Miami, Atlanta, Houston, or Charlotte. We normally end up leaving Cayman at 7:45 a.m. arriving in Miami at 9:25 a.m. and depending on immigration and customs we have to usually run to our gate to catch the connecting flight which leaves around 11:45 - 12pm. I refuse to get into Orlando after 3 pm which again limits my options…..unless…..

Ok so I am either really obsessed with getting into Disney as early as possible……or I am really obsessed with getting into Disney as early as possible. I have come up with an alternative plan that my hubby as happily agreed to since I won’t take no for an answer….not to mention I plugged in how much easier travelling would be this way…..he hates the hustle and bustle of things like travelling and big cities( island boy) ok ok on with the plan already I know….So what I have decided to do is leave on the Sunday afternoon flight to Miami and instead of going straight into Orlando we will stay the night at the hotel in the Miami International Airport….he doesn’t even have to leave the airport…..and better yet we always fly American and the hotel is in concourse E right next to AA check in counter….. how cool is that…we can take our time going through immigration which is easy since 3 of us are American ( me and the kids) and customs…..then on Monday morning its time for the magic and we can take the next AA aircraft smoking out of MIA to MCO! We should get into the Orlando area in about an hour and if we leave first thing that means we should be checking in by 10 AM!
I am so proud of myself ….so what do you think….

I promise to get some pictures up soon just have to figure how to do that first….my first PTR in case you didn’t know….lol

Hey Keisha! I am here!! OMG ~ I didn't realize you lived in the Caymans...I would love to live on an island...girl I love the ocean.

Your plans look good so far...WOW 16 days...you need 10 months to plan that! We really enjoyed our trip this year and I am definitley planning to go back next year...probably around the same time. Oh yeah ~ didn't use the plans from RideMax at all...and we really didn't need them. The parks were EMPTY!!

Well I am joining you in your planning and who knows we may be planning together...I just need to convince the Hubby!!

Hey Keisha! I am here!! OMG ~ I didn't realize you lived in the Caymans...I would love to live on an island...girl I love the ocean.

Your plans look good so far...WOW 16 days...you need 10 months to plan that! We really enjoyed our trip this year and I am definitley planning to go back next year...probably around the same time. Oh yeah ~ didn't use the plans from RideMax at all...and we really didn't need them. The parks were EMPTY!!

Well I am joining you in your planning and who knows we may be planning together...I just need to convince the Hubby!!

Hey Girl,

What's good....I totally know what its like to have to convince the hubby....we could so go once a year but he's a party pooper lol....

I am really enjoying your TR....and I am happy your on board with me here....10 months feels like a long time but I am sure with all the things I want to do it will go fast.....

hmmm wonder if we could have a DISMEET down here one day...maybe in my "off" year.... would love to have my DIS Buddies bring me some DISNEY MAGIC!!! Hey I get to see that ship and the Wonder at least once a week...:lmao: I get so jealous..I am thinking about using RideMax as we normally go when there is still quite a crowd.....but I must say I did us TGM last time and we didn't really wait long for anything when we used the TP longest with it was about 10 mins...without it longest wait was 75 mins for Toy Story Mania - we learned quick and only used FP's for that attraction after that

Yay!:banana: I too am an obsessive planner. I'm really looking forward to your PTR!

BTW, My DH and I went to Grand Cayman back in May '07 and absolutely loved it!! :love: We can't wait to go back again. I really want to bring our girls next time :)

Ok So here is a picture of Kaya from her First Trip....
2006_0714waltdisneyworld060073.jpg
[/IMG]

She did a lot of kissing that trip...I just opend a Photobucket account so I need to go and upload all my pictures tonight so I can share them.... so sorry they are taking so long to get posted...

Yay!:banana: I too am an obsessive planner. I'm really looking forward to your PTR!

BTW, My DH and I went to Grand Cayman back in May '07 and absolutely loved it!! :love: We can't wait to go back again. I really want to bring our girls next time :)

Welcome! That's so great that you enjoyed yourself here... I hope you get to come back again soon :)

Ok So here is a picture of Kaya from her First Trip....
2006_0714waltdisneyworld060073.jpg
[/IMG]

She did a lot of kissing that trip...I just opend a Photobucket account so I need to go and upload all my pictures tonight so I can share them.... so sorry they are taking so long to get posted...

What a doll!!! I love it...I have to say that I think Disney with me would be sooo much more fun with a little princess princess:!!

I think your plans sound EXCELLENT!!!! I did everything in my power to make sure we got in on the first flight in May also. We were happily checking in by 10:00am!!!! It was great!! Glad you worked that out!!

I'm also glad that you got a lot of ideas from my Trip Report!! That's great, it was our first trip and I am so proud of the way I planned it!!! I am now, as you know, happily planning our next!!! I can't wait for it to get a little closer so we can really PLAN!!!!! Adrs, park days, show times, oh my!!!! LOL

MAYBE WE CAN MEET UP IN AUGUST, LOOKS LIKE OUR DAYS WILL OVERLAP!!! THAT WOULD BE FUN!!!!!!!!

I think your plans sound EXCELLENT!!!! I did everything in my power to make sure we got in on the first flight in May also. We were happily checking in by 10:00am!!!! It was great!! Glad you worked that out!!

I'm also glad that you got a lot of ideas from my Trip Report!! That's great, it was our first trip and I am so proud of the way I planned it!!! I am now, as you know, happily planning our next!!! I can't wait for it to get a little closer so we can really PLAN!!!!! Adrs, park days, show times, oh my!!!! LOL

MAYBE WE CAN MEET UP IN AUGUST, LOOKS LIKE OUR DAYS WILL OVERLAP!!! THAT WOULD BE FUN!!!!!!!!

Oh man.....I have already started thinking about ADR's, I will be over the moon when park schedules come out....and we could definatly do a DISMEET for sure!

Hey there!
Did you read that they are moving back to scheduling ADR's 180 days in advance again?? I read it here on the DIS and Park hours will be available then too...perfect for obsessive planning!! :thumbsup2

Yes I have heard they are moving back to 180 day ADR's in fact when I called and booked our ressie the CM advised me I could start making ADR's Feb. 10th and I will be online at 6 am for sure! :cool1:

I go to school at night and have final exams just before the christmas holidays...after they are over i'll have so much more time to start planning drafts of our daily schedule etc....would like to have it all done before Feb 10 so I dont have to cancel and rebook anything....well see how that goes....:confused3

OK - So I know you guys probably thought I forgotten about my PTR postings :sad2: man have I been MIA....so sorry about that.....but I assure you I have not.....it's been pretty hectic for me lately so I am in the process of organizing a schedule for my self which will include some quality DIS time I will be back shortly with a few updates on the trip ......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!