WARNING: YOLO 2012 Do NOT try this at Home!!! We’re Professionals Update: 3/18 Video

Leasha_Loves_Disney

Please stand clear of the door; Por favor manténga
WARNING: YOLO 2012 Do NOT try this at Home!!! We’re Professionals (May TR)

To all who come to this place of Joy, Hope and Friendship (and YOLO)

WELCOME!!!

Let me start off with a quick definition for those of you unfamiliar with the term:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YOLO: An acronym for 'you only live once'

“This motto is similar to the mottoes 'you've only got once chance to live' or 'enjoy it while you can'. People often use these phrases to persuade their friends to take risks or do something they normally wouldn't do…”

For example a Disney Trip that is planned 12 days out from the departure date.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WARNING: During this Trip Report you will encounter…
4 EXTREME DISNEY FANS RUNNING ON VERY LITTLE SLEEP
900+ Pictures from 3 different cameras and 2 iphones
6 Resorts, 4 Parks, 2 Pools and 1 bedroom
Every form of Disney Transportation: Magical Express, Bus, Monorail, Boats, Train, Sad Bus (aka Magical Express home)
Tons of Snacks/Food
And SO MUCH MORE

Do not continue to read if you have any of the following:
A problem with happiness
If you have difficulty functioning on little sleep or watching people function on little sleep
An issue with extreme amounts of laughter and happiness
Are uncomfortable reading heartwarming stories of strangers
And last but not least have trouble finding room in your heart for Disney

If you are ok with all of the above then welcome aboard my third Disney Vacation Trip Report!!! If over the course of this report you find yourself hankering for more delightful reads please follow the links below down the rabbit hole to many more magical memories:

We loved it so much WE HAD TO GO BACK!!!
A Spontaneous Spring Break Trip Report

Crazy Eights take on the World: Spoiled Silly (Aug 2011 TR)

And the NEWEST addition to the Report Collection:

A Very BIG Move for One Little Girl: A Disney College Program Planning Diary.

Ok so a basic reasoning behind this trip (who really needs a reason to go to Disney?!) Obviously YOLO is the first and main reason. Spur of the moment trips are literally THE BEST. We planned the trip 12 days out and before we knew it we were off to the happiest place on earth to celebrate an onslaught of different accomplishments. If you wish to learn more about how the trip came about follow this link:

YOLO PTR Post

Now for a nice role call!!!

First up, incase you don’t know I’m Alicia.

599236_10151761218100507_1754358010_n.jpg

22 years old and in love with all things Disney. Smells, music, atmosphere, food, characters and feelings you name it I probably love it. As I said before I just graduated college (CRAZY) with my BFA in Theatre Performance, now if you are like everyone else who I have come into contact with in my life you are going to ask me "What are you going to do with a degree like that?" Answer: I am moving to Florida in August for 6 months to do the Disney College Program and I cannot wait to see where life takes me from there.I am a "go with the flow" kind of person and my newly found modo since graduation is brought to you from Disney and Pixars UP: Adventure is out there!!! and I can't wait to find it. I grew up a Disney baby and although I just took a trip in March I couldn’t wait until August so I decided to throw in another tri, that makes this my this my 3rd trip in one calender year and I'm not even an annual passholder (now that's deication :rotfl2: ) I realize that I am extremly fourtunate and lucky to be living the life I am.

Reason to YOLO: College Graduation, Pluto’s (my pillow pet) homesickness aka I needed to go back, riding Snow White’s Scary Adventure one last time and “STAR WARS WEEKEND” (we actually steered clear of MGM on the weekend)
Favorite Theme Park: MGM <3 (it will never be Hollywood Studios in my mind)
Favorite Meal of the Trip: San Angel Inn
Favorite Snacks of the Trip: Mickey Premium Bar
Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror
Favorite Disney Characters: Rapunzel/Pluto/Minnie Mouse
Favorite Disney Movies: Tangled//Little Mermiad
Favorite Disney Songs: Epcot area music loop, I sang it the entire trip because it's my alarm clock noise
Favorite Memory from the Trip: “The 14 hours of sleep and the 54 hours of being awake”

Andy

547353_10151763175545507_2102966674_n.jpg

Andy is my fiancé(we got engaged in Disney on out August 2011 trip).He is 20 years old and he was forced into the love of Disney when we started dating 4 years ago. He has become accustom to the non-stop Disney chatter around my household and it’s starting to get to him. He use to sit back and listen but now he is becoming fluent in Disney and loves to get in on the conversation and the trips as well. This is our 4th trip together and in total he has been there only a measly 5 times. Gotta get that count up there, I volunteer myself as his vacation buddy!!!

Reasons to YOLO: Alicia needed a vacation partner, he actually hates the term YOLO haha
Favorite Theme Park: Hollywood Studios
Favorite Meal of the Trip: Peco’s Bills
Favorite Snack of the Trip: Goofy’s Candy Company Baseball Cookie
Favorite Ride: Toy Story Mania
Favorite Disney Characters: Donald Duck
Favorite Disney Movies: Aladdin
Favorite Memory from the Trip: “The birthday song at San Angel Inn”

Sam

247753_10151791658225484_1693639714_n.jpg

She is my little sister and 20 years old (I guess isn’t so little anymore though). She is always planning imaginary Disney trips and thinking about the next restaurant she wants to eat at on her next vacation (we literally are always planning ahead, when’s my next trip?!). She shares a love of Disney obviously and she is probably my favorite family member to be in Disney with because we love to dance, sing and just be crazy.

Reason to YOLO: Star Wars Weekend, Staying in Country Bears (section in All Star Music)
Favorite Theme Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Meal of the Trip: Early of Sandwich
Favorite Snack of the Trip: School Bread
Favorite Ride: Space Mountain
Favorite Disney Characters: Tiana
Favorite Disney Movies: Princess and the Frog//Toy Story
Favorite Disney Songs: One Spark of Light
Favorite Memory from the Trip: “Poopin’ my pants seeing them ghosts”

Brittany

Screenshot2012-06-08at100638PM.png

Is Sam’s friend from school the baby of the trip 19 years old, going in to the trip I had met Brittany maybe twice in person. Let me tell you after maybe the first few hours in the airport I knew we were going to get along just fine. She was all about being a crazy YOLO(er) in Disney with us and was always willing to go with the flow even when running on literally no sleep. Her crazy antics were a GREAT addition to our trio.

Reasons to YOLO: Not having to wait until October and It was cheap
Favorite Theme Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Meal of the Trip: Pecos Bill
Favorite Snack of the Trip: Dole Whip
Favorite Ride: Expedition Everest
Favorite Disney Characters: Rapunzel
Favorite Disney Movies: Beauty and the Beast
Favorite Disney Songs: Fantastic (da du dun dun dunna na na with Mickey waving his hands over his head)
Favorite Memory from the Trip: “Planking Roy and Minnie at 3am”

And last but not least

BOBBY!!!

522685_3689748315090_522116700_n.jpg

The real reason for this trip!!! He is one of my best friends from college. When we first met two years ago I was on a rampage and he thought I was a crazy person but we quickly began to bond over our obsession or ummm… ehmmm LOVE of Disney. During our trip he was a DCPer working at Imgination/Captain EO. Due to his cast member status we were able to get a GREAT deal on this whole spur of the moment trip and we are all eternally grateful and forever in his debt<3

While we wait for this trip report to get underweight please feel free to watch this video of spontaneousness and crazy that are the YOLO(ers). I thank you all for reading along and we look forward to hearing from everyone and sharing our crazy amazing story with each and every one of you!!!

VIDEO: Disney YOLO Trip 2012

Video: YOLO Part Dos Teaser Video

Let the Memories Begin!!

Your vid was cute, looks like you guys had fun! Can't wait to read more! (& Congrats on your engagement!)

I'm in for another of your fantastic TR's! I had to do it...no the devil made me do it...no your great previous TR's made me do it. Wait a minute, does that make you the devil?!?! Nah...you're too sweet and cute for that, aren't you...AREN'T YOU?!?! :rotfl2:

Your vid was cute, looks like you guys had fun! Can't wait to read more! (& Congrats on your engagement!)

Thank you!!! We had so much fun, I really can't believe how much we were able to cram into so few days!!! Thanks for reading along :thumbsup2

I'm in for another of your fantastic TR's! I had to do it...no the devil made me do it...no your great previous TR's made me do it. Wait a minute, does that make you the devil?!?! Nah...you're too sweet and cute for that, aren't you...AREN'T YOU?!?! :rotfl2:

Haha thank you for tuning in to our new adventure!!! And I promise I'm not the devil just a HUGE Disney lover I'm innocent I tell ya!!!:rotfl:

Subscribing

Thank you and welcome aboard :wave2:

cool bro! hahahaha

cool bro :thumbsup2

Following along

Thanks for joining in :wave2:

Enjoyed your previous TR, looking forward to this one...Thanks for sharing

I'm so glad that you enjoy them!!! Thanks for reading along with another one :goodvibes

YAY another one!!! Alicia I'm HERE! I LOVED your video. I was dying. Loved your pose on Dinosaur![/CENTER][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Yay!!! I'm so glad you are here :hyper: My sister made the video and once it was done I was like yep, gotta get this thing started haha I wanted to wait I just couldn't. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy!!!

Let the YOLO Begin (Almost)!!!
May 26, 2012

It was an early morning on this Disney morning 3:30!!! Haha just kidding it was a nice 3:30 in the afternoon not the morning. Can I just say that there are positives and negatives to not leaving at the crack of dawn to start off it is a whole lot less stressful but boy does the day drag on.

We had the entire day to relax around the house and do the last minute packing to ensure that nothing was left behind… or was it? (more on that later)

As the hours passed by we got more and more excited to leave!!! We had decided that we would leave for the airport at 6:00 since Andy was at work until and then he had to go to church until 5:30 ad Brittany was dancing with her studio at a local amusement park.

So it was Sam and I running around the house begging the hours to go by quicker!!! We decided to paint our nails to pass the time. Then I packed just a little more and moved all the suit cases into the living room.

Packing can get a little tiring and what better way to feel better then to replenish your fluids by drinking some water

Norway water that is, thanks Disney for getting me hooked on it. Voss check it out.

IMG_2351.jpg

Andy pulled in the driveway t about 5:45 and we immediately took all of our stuff outside and shoved it in the car. WE WERE GOING TO DINSEY IN 15 MINUTES. All that was left to do was wait for Brittany to arrive.

While we waited we decided to play STAR WARS WEEKEND in the driveway because this was our #1 reason to YOLO

IMG_2352.jpg

We had run around the house with these fake lightsabres for 10 days just screaming STAR WARS WEEKEND. I think that I am the only one in of the four of us to actually see all of the Star Wars moives which qualifies me for this photo

STAR WARS WEEKEND!!!

IMG_2357.jpg

But in reality, I watched them my senior year of high school and don’t remember much about them.

Sam spearing KC to get her Jedi powers warmed up.

IMG_2358.jpg

So much excitement I obviously had to tweet about it!!! Haha

IMG_2361.jpg

Brittany was a little late and I was getting anxious so I decided to take some photos because I promised myself I would take TONS this trip because I was sucking at it when we went in March

IMG_7740.jpg

SMILE!!! This is only the beginning. SO MUCH EXCITEMENT AHHHHHHHH

IMG_7741.jpg

Brittany arrived at around 5:55ish we talked with her parents and then I was like we need to go NOW.

But of course before we left… Pictures.

IMG_2362.jpg

Wait I wasn’t ready. Do another one!!!

IMG_2363.jpg

Brittany was a little stand-of-ish at first seeing as this was like maybe the 4th time she had met Andy and I but we told her to jump on in and before no time she was being as crazy as the rest of us.

Say YOLO

IMG_2366.jpg

The we stood around and talked a little more at this point it was like 6:10, we were suppose to have been there already so I initiated our move by sitting in the car and saying LET’S MOVE PEOPLE.

Finally everyone was in a loaded (Brittany’s parents took her in their car because we were filled to the brim.

IMG_7742.jpg

Smile you’re going to Disney World!!!

IMG_7744.jpg

on the 3-5 minute drive to the airport (I know aren’t we lucky) I had to take a picture of my travel documents fold. I decided to make one of these on our last trip because I was so nervous about traveling alone and it was just so convenient I decided to make another one to keep everything in one place.

Front Cover

IMG_7745.jpg

And the back (just a few more reasons to YOLO)

IMG_7746.jpg

And the inside: (note the sad magical express tags that we weren’t able to use because our plane was to land at 10:30 and the stop picking up luggage at 10:00)

IMG_7747.jpg

Then I took a peek at Sam’s carry on that was literally bursting with snacks

IMG_7748.jpg

After a grueling 5 minute car ride we piled out to a basically vacant Buffalo Airport. We had arrived early because we thought with the time of day it might be busy… Boy were we wrong!!!

I’m all alone there’s no one here beside me…

IMG_7749.jpg

Just Kidding!!! We said our goodbyes and we were through the doors on our way to the happiest place on earth.

IMG_7750.jpg

We made our way through the doors and to the JetBlue check in area. I was SO nervous; we only ever fly Southwest so I had no idea how this experience was going to be…

As soon as we arrived at the counter the woman told us that our plane was going to have quite the delay on it due to bad weather in Florida (it hadn’t even left Orlando yet) We were scheduled to leave at 8:30 and they told us that the new estimate departure time was 9:30 not too bad but remember that it is still not even 6:30 yet at this time. I guess that’s what I get for rushing everyone out of the house…

How do you spend 3 hours in an airport?! We debated calling ma and asking her to pick us up seeing as none of us had eaten and we were unequipped for such a wait but we decided not to bother. We were already there why not just stick it out.

We though security would take a while but nope made it through there within like 5 minutes. Usually I would be thankful but this was just teasing me. Three more hours to waste I can do this!!!

We made our way through to the gate and sat down here were maybe 3 or 4 other people there and so the wait began…

IMG_2367.jpg

But it would get a little more interesting!!! As we were sitting there I realized something…

A very important something was missing!!! Awhhhh man, I am the queen of leaving things at home (even after I had the entire day to relaxingly pack?! What is going on?!)

And what was this NESSICARY item that I had left at home sitting on my bed?!

PLUTO, my pillow pet. Who I had jokingly said was homesick (another reason to YOLO) and that’s the reason we planned another trip.

I couldn’t go without him but we had already made it through security. What would I do?!

Tune In Next Time!!!

Haha thank you for tuning in to our new adventure!!! And I promise I'm not the devil just a HUGE Disney lover I'm innocent I tell ya!!!:rotfl:

Hmmm...I don't know...that's kind of a demonic look and the lightsabre could not harm you...I'm just saying.... :scared:

I just realized this trip had you arriving on the day we were leaving. Awwwww.

Quote:

Hmmm...I don't know...that's kind of a demonic look and the lightsabre could not harm you...I'm just saying....

I just realized this trip had you arriving on the day we were leaving. Awwwww.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, you caught me. I do have Jedi mind powers. I was headed to Star Wars weekend to show off my skills... :darth: But I promise I only use my mind trick to get more TR followers and it seems to be working :rotfl:

I think I remember you saying on the other report that you were leaving the day we got there you promised to leave me a Mickey Premium Bar or two haha Thanks for keeping your promise because I had one!!! I hope your trip went well!!!

Oh no, you caught me. I do have Jedi mind powers. I was headed to Star Wars weekend to show off my skills... :darth: But I promise I only use my mind trick to get more TR followers and it seems to be working :rotfl:

I think I remember you saying on the other report that you were leaving the day we got there you promised to leave me a Mickey Premium Bar or two haha Thanks for keeping your promise because I had one!!! I hope your trip went well!!!

It was hard not to eat them all but I restrained myself....just for you. :rolleyes1

Our trip was fine. It would have been great if we had been at the Disney parks though. With that said, I will say that Discovery Cove was fantastic! It was the highlight of our trip. I've started my TR so if you get a second or two, hop on over. (See, I have to shamelessly ask for TR followers since I can't do the Jedi mind trick doohicky! :sad2:)

I am here! I loved the video!

You forgot Pluto?! :eek: Good thing you had a delay!

Subbing! I always love your TRs. That video of Sam in the puddle made me literally laugh out loud! I can tell this is going to be a great one.

YAY!!! Thanks for coming along with us on this magical ride :thumbsup2

It was hard not to eat them all but I restrained myself....just for you. :rolleyes1

Our trip was fine. It would have been great if we had been at the Disney parks though. With that said, I will say that Discovery Cove was fantastic! It was the highlight of our trip. I've started my TR so if you get a second or two, hop on over. (See, I have to shamelessly ask for TR followers since I can't do the Jedi mind trick doohicky! :sad2:)

Thank you so much, you know how much I love my Mickey Bars yum yum yum.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip!!! It's a shame you didn't get to do Disney parks but on the bright side you got to enjoy the Contemporary!!! I must admit during my break today at work I made sure to start reading your TR and I am loving it so far. The pictures are really making me miss home :sad1:

I am here! I loved the video!

You forgot Pluto?! :eek: Good thing you had a delay!

Yippie!!! :yay: Thanks for stopping by another report.

Yes, I was so afraid he was going to have to stay home, thank goodness for that delay is right!!!

Subbing! I always love your TRs. That video of Sam in the puddle made me literally laugh out loud! I can tell this is going to be a great one.

Thanks so much glad you are stopping by another trip :goodvibes River dance!!! It was literally the biggest puddle I have ever seen, gotta love those Disney downpours. Hope you enjoy!!!

Can't wait to read more!

I hope you enjoy, thanks for reading along :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter