WARNING: YOLO 2012 Do NOT try this at Home!!! We’re Professionals Update: 3/18 Video

Loving your TR's! I have to ask what K.C. stands for. My husband is also K.C. and it stands for Keith Charles.

I finally got to see both of your wrist tattoos and that is the best thing I've ever seen. I am so happy for you about the CP but sad that you and Andy are going to be apart. I don't even know you yet it makes me sad because you guys are so cute!

You have definitely set the bar for a NO SLEEP Disney vacation!! The next time my family tries to complain about being tired in Disney I may have to pull this TR up, that should shut them up really quick!!! :goodvibes

Hope CM training continues to go well, I just followed you on Twitter as well so I'll be excited to see any updates!

Mary

Haha!!! I like to think that we had no choice, the vacation just wasn't long enough. But then again when has there ever been a Disney vacation that has been? :rotfl:

So far so great!!! A few minor bumps in the road but all in all I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks for reading and following along :goodvibes

Congrats! Hope your training goes well. Can't wait to read more of your time as a CM!

Thank you, It's going swell so far!!!

Oh my goodness it is so exciting that you are an official cast member now!! I’ll just be living life vicariously through your posts for the next few months since I am incredibly envious, ahhhhh to live in Disney World.

It's the most exciting thing EVER!!! I hope I can keep you interested enough with the few updates that I have been able to post here on the dis. Thanks for reading!!!​

Yay for being an official cast member! :earsgirl: I'll have to start following you on twitter and instagram :)

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY. I hope you are enjoying my story there since there seems to be a lack of one here :rotfl: I am trying my hardest but that darn park keeps me busy all the time... haha

:wave2:

I've just been lurking until now, but wanted to post and say how much I love your trip report. You guys have a great spirit for having fun! I don't think I could handle so little sleep as well as y'all do!

How exciting that you are now officially a CM - I think I'll go follow you on Instagram!

:wave2: HI!!! and Welcome pixiedust: Thank you, thank you, thank you :goodvibes We do like to have a good time, that's for sure!!!

Yay, Hope you don't mind constant Disney photos haha

I LOOOOOVE this trip report!! I can't stop reading!
I love how on your DHS day...it rained. Idk about you....but it ALWAYS rains. Everytime I'm in that park!! Like dowpours too.
You just remind me so much of me!! Love it!

Ps...I also love/loved San Angel!!

Awwwwh yay!!! I'm glad you are reading along and enjoying it. It does downpour there ALL THE TIME!!! And there is hardly anywhere to take cover too lol.

YESSSSSSS!!! You have no idea how happy you just made me. San Angel is my FAVORITE. I love to hear of other people who enjoy it as well, I feel like not many people do.

So crazy that you're now officially a Disney CM! I'm loving all your Instagram pictures! It's great to have a bit of REAL Disney pop up every once in a while on my phone. It makes me smile since I can't be there myself.

YUM, I remember the days long ago when I used to wonder why people waited on such a long line for only a sandwich. Then I discovered DIS and AllEars and was convinced that my life would not be complete until I tried it. I convinced my family to go in 2008, and we have been converts since! We absolutely love it! My favorite is the All-American. The great thing is that they recently added one to NYC, so I could get it more often if I wanted to, but the time that I had it, it just wasn't the same. It could've been because by the time we brought it back to where we were eating it, it wasn't as "fresh" with the warmth of the bread mixing with the ingredients. OR it could just be because it'll never surpass eating one of those great things IN Disney World!

It's still crazy to me that I live here and that I have already been here a month!!! Sorry for that avalanche of Disney photos every night haha

Ugh Earl <3 I have eaten about 5 of them since I have been here. I don't understand how a sandwich can be so delicious. I am counting the days until I can try out one of the Holiday sandwiches. It's a good thing they didn't have one all that close to me at home or else I would be living there like I do now!!!

Finally caught up from the end of July. Thankfully I made it before it ended. And isn't it sad when you know your Disney experience is over when you go to Downtown Disney? I have never had anything from Earl of Sandwich but most definitely will be next time. My family and I usually go to Ghiradelli if we aren't too hungry, but if we are starving we go to T-Rex. My little brother is obsessed with stuffed animals, mostly because my older sister gave him all of hers when he was really young, so we let him make a dinosaur in there while we wait, plus I have to prove my manhood eating a Gigantasaurus Burger. Just saying I usually feel like I need a wheelchair to push me around till we head back, but it is a great sleep at least.

Oh and congrats on making it down safely for the College Program. I'm trying to make it down for the Spring of 2013. I just need to talk to my advisers to see if I need a specific GPA, if I can take a class down there, or if I need to take time off from school to do it. It is all setting up for me to move down there for the Fall of 2013.

Haha, always the last day... no park days left? I Guess we'll just do to DTD. I am slowly starting to love Ghiradelli and by that I mean ICE CREAMMMM <3 haha. I could eat ice cream all day everyday so I can see why its one of your family's favorites, the smell alone. mmmmmmmmm.

My roommate wants to make a Dinosaur so badly. We actually have plans to go to T-Rex tomorrow for lunch!!!

Thank you. I am thinking about extending already. I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE haha. I hope it all works out and you are able to come down, it's the most amazing experience you could ever imagine!!!

All caught up!
That is sooooo exciting that you are officially a CM!!!!!! YAY!!! :thumbsup2
Definitely will be following along with your adventures on instagram!

Ahhh we totally played the 'copy this statue' game all through Europe when we went! Seriously makes for the BEST photos!

The 'true love' shot of you guys from behind is so adorable!!

Yay!!! Thank you so much for joining in here. I hope my picture uploads aren't too obnoxious.

THE BEST PHOTOS and so many laughs. What a good time.

Haha thank you. There is one that Sam took a few seconds later where I was making a face at him, queen of faces right here. From time to time we can stop being silly and have a cute moment, but it's rare haha

It’s catch up time!

The Tower of Horrors? Seriously? It’s just like I heard someone call the Country Bear Jamboree the Big Bear Tambourine.

Hahahaha, what is up with that girl with her foot on ToT?!

Oh no, the Magical Express :(

I am in LOVE with Sam’s Minnie towel. I WANT ONE!

I wish they sold the Disney resort rugs. I would put one in front of our door to our house everyday so it would make me feel like I’m at home.

I have only tried Earl of Sandwich at the Boston airport. It probably isn’t the same as Disney. I bet it’s better!

BAHAHHAHAHAHA. Big Bear Tambourine... Where do people come up with these things?!

Dun dun dun... magical express. Mega sad face.

They still have them around!!! It's really cute, she got it on her graduation trip back in 2010.

I am OBSESSED with the Disney Resort rugs. they are my favorite things!!!

Another follower actually said that Disney Earl is WAY better. I wouldn't know because Disney is the only place I have ever had it but... EVERYTHING IS BETTER IN DISNEY haha.

I am loving your trip report! I have requested to follow you on Twitter (MrsY21) as I can't wait to hear all about your cast member adventures! Hope you're having a wonderful time. :)

Thank you!!! I hope you are enjoying some of my park tweets. I am having a wonderful time. So wonderful I feel I am neglecting the Dis which is NO GOOD.

Ahh your update seems so great! I'm going to have to come find you when I'm down in october, Mrs. CM!

I love EOS! It's so good and soooo cheap! Nom, nom!

Please do!!! I love meeting new friends :goodvibes

EOS is even cheaper with a cast discount so I am literally there devouring deliciousness once a week. SOOOOO GOOOOOOD.

Always wish I got to do the CP! Applied twice, but no... Wasn't meant to be. Enjoy your experience. Trying to follow you on twitter, but not confirmed yet.

I am having and even better time that I ever could have imagined!!! It's a shame you weren't able to do it. I hope that the twitter thing worked for you, if it didn't let me know!!! Thanks for reading along :thumbsup2

So glad Jess posted the link to your TRs. I have caught up on hers and several others and I was searching last night to find another one to settle in and read to get me through the next two weeks until our trip! So tonight I will start reading yours! Looks fun!

Thanks for reading. I had no idea that Jess posted my link in hers until you said that. Hope you enjoy our little vacation!!! And enjoy your trip :)

Just found your tr!! So excited!! I'm going to catch up and read now! Thanks for the chapter links!!

No problem. I myself love a report with chapter links!!! Thanks for reading along and I hope you enjoy :thumbsup2

Loving your TR's! I have to ask what K.C. stands for. My husband is also K.C. and it stands for Keith Charles.

Thank you!!! K.C. in our case stand for Kenneth Charles, they are so close!!! haha.

I finally got to see both of your wrist tattoos and that is the best thing I've ever seen. I am so happy for you about the CP but sad that you and Andy are going to be apart. I don't even know you yet it makes me sad because you guys are so cute!

Awwwwwh, thank you!!! Some people are a little skeptical of them because "we are too young to know". It's nice to hear the opposite every once in a while :goodvibes It's been tough sometimes but we have actually been doing really well keeping in touch and up to date with one another. Only 16 days until we are reunited!!! YAY. Thank you, it makes me really happy that you say that :teeth:

It's the Last Day But We Aren't Done Yet!!!
May 28, 2012

When we last left off we were just reaching this sign

IMG_2607.jpg

Can you imagine how cool this must have been back in the day? I had a professor in college who worked opening day of Pleasure Island when he worked for Disney.

I like the sparkles of the signs at night

IMG_2606.jpg

Not even too busy today!!!

IMG_2603.jpg

Our first stop was the Vinlymation store, we were going to trade but there was no one there trading so it was a no go, so instead we took a little look around

166564_10151791657835484_348377208_n.jpg

I think this table under mickey is such a tease. They show you all these awesome vinlys that you get your heart set on but chances are will never find. On the other hand can we talk about how this Mickey is made of Vinlys?!

250739_10151791657620484_480064042_n.jpg

We made our way out of there after looking around for a while and headed into a nearby shop where Andy found a Thor hammer

IMG_8499.jpg

I don’t know if anyone here watches the Conan O’Brien show but we use to watch it al the time and around the time Thor came out they would always show a little clip where this tiny little voice would say “I’m Thor” it was like a baby Thor voice and or some reason we thought it was HILARIOUS and Andy does the best impersonation. He’s too cute for words.

From there we took a quick stop in the Candy Cauldron. Just look at this sign!!!

IMG_2605.jpg

We didn’t spend much time in here, we went in quickly to check for a red velvet cake pop which they were out of (so popular). The smell of this place, in addition to Goofy’s Cand Co., are enough to give me a stomachache. It’s just a little to over powering for me.

From there we headed back to the Market Place, after all it was our last full day and we had some money to spend!!!

First stop… World of Disney of course!!!

While we were in there we kind of split up and I took NO photos. Sam took a few, they went to check out the princess area…

IMG_2611.jpg

Sam is just dying to work at the BBB. She loves kids and has been practicing how they do the little bun for the girls since our trip in August.

They looked around a little bit and Brittany found what I believe is a Rapunzel hat.

IMG_2610.jpg

From there they moved onto Tren-D while I spent another 12 years trying to figure out what sweatshirt to buy. SO INDECISIVE.

578293_10151791656810484_1178385886_n.jpg

This next one has got to be one of my favorite go be that statue pictures!!!

534459_10151791656500484_1725092547_n.jpg

After my decision was finally made we met up in the glass shop where we tried on some beautiful princess crowns

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

I thought that this one was close to Tiana’s

IMG_2613.jpg

Strike a pose

IMG_2612.jpg

We had lots of fun but it was time to go back to All Star Music so that we could get ready for an exciting night!!!

We took the bus home, I remember feeling sick from a combination of the candy store smell and way too much Earl for lunch. I fell asleep but when I had woken up we still weren’t back to the resort yet. Apparently one of the children who had gotten on the bus had had a VERY LARGE intake of sweets that day and gotten sick on the bus. When I woke up there was a huge commotion and Sam and Andy were talking about how weird the situation was.

Before long we were seeing these

IMG_8501.jpg

AKA the pictures that we missed on the night we arrived because it was like 2am

IMG_8500.jpg

We went back and took a half an hour nap or so because it looked like this outside. Curtain of rain

IMG_8502.jpg

The rain was still pretty bad once we woke up and got ready to leave. We were just praying that our big plans for the night wouldn’t get canceled again.

Slowly waking up from nap time

IMG_8505.jpg

We had plans to head over to my beloved Polynesian to check out the resort a little bit before we got to where we were going.

Up and out it was. Still a litte dreary out we stopped to take some door pictures and then it was out for more Adventures!!!

IMG_8504.jpg

Brittany was all set for rain, we would later learnt eh ponchos were necessary

IMG_8506.jpg

But of course Andy and I had left ours at home home and were ready to try to brave the raid without them.

IMG_8507.jpg

(TOWER OF TERROR<333)

We made our way to the bus stop to wait for a bus.

Tune In Next Time!!!

I have to agree and say that the smell Goofy’s Candy Company and Candy Cauldron is just WAY too sweet and overpowering.

Your Tower of Terror shirt is great :thumbsup2

Can’t wait to see where you guys go!

[
Awwwwwh, thank you!!! Some people are a little skeptical of them because "we are too young to know". It's nice to hear the opposite every once in a while :goodvibes It's been tough sometimes but we have actually been doing really well keeping in touch and up to date with one another. Only 16 days until we are reunited!!! YAY. Thank you, it makes me really happy that you say that :teeth:
[/QUOTE]

I think when you know you know. My husband was 18 when we started dating and its been 15 years!

I guess I've neglected the DIS for far too long so I must give all the TRs I've neglected some love. Looks like the rest of your trip is going smoothly! I can't believe though that you are probably just about in Disney for another six months right now! SOOOOO jealous! I'm going to hop over to that TR soon so I can see how things are with that, but I wanted to announce my presence here first.

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

When you try all those holiday sandwiches of Earl, I expect some photosss!!! BTW, my husband and I will be at WDW for CHRISTMAS!!!

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there!!!

WARNING THIS IS NOT A FAKE OUT!! THERE IS ACTUALLY AN UPDATE!!!

So if you are reading this message you probably realize that it has been 800 years since I was last on the Dis to update you!!! Well, good news is I am BACK!!! I forgot how much I enjoyed writing trip reports and how much it fills in a dull day. Im probably going to go and do an update on my DCP trip report as well to give you all the low down on what happening in this crazy life, so make sure to keep your eyes open for that update as well!!!

But for now, lets get down to some good old fashion YOLO shall we?!

The Journey That Had No End!!!
May 28, 2012

When I last left off (12 years ago) we were just going to head out into the afternoon monsoon that is Disney in Spring/Summer. We were headed someplace magical for sure but we had to make a few stops along the way.

First off we will need a way to travel!!! So off to the bus stop it was!!! The rain was REALLY coming down and didnt look like it was going to stop anytime soon. So we stopped in here to pick me up one of those ever stylish rain ponchos!!!

He did however bring one of the house cleaning bags to cover up his favorite backpack. Pretty stylish dont you think?!

So we all ponchoed up and then waited for the bus to arrive. We were waiting on whatever cam first Epcot or Magic Kingdom. We really werent into getting into line because of the buckets pouring down so we waited safely under the awning of All Star Music.

We waited patiently for a bus to show up and wouldnt you know that one came in no time and it was headed to the magical land of Epcot!!!

Now you may be asking, where are you headed that you can get on a Magic Kingdom or Epcot bus?! Especially when you dont have park passes?! Well for that answer you are just going to have to keep reading. BUT Ill give you a clue. It might be my hands down favorite hotel& OF ALL TIME. But thats not a very good hint ;)

We loaded on to the bus and it was my favorite kind!!! For some reason I get really overjoyed when the bus style is the kind that has the 4 seats that face each other in they very back. I love riding backwards for some reason. If thats an option I am sure to take up that seat!!!

Anywaysssss. We were off on another exciting YOLO adventure. Smiles from everyone !!!

Super smiles from me& I LOVE DISNEY!!!

And even though the bus ride to Epcot is fairly short Brittany had no problem taking a little siesta. Poor girl so new to the ways of YOLO and my love of taking photos of sleeping people&

Before long we were pulling through those gates of Epcot and the magical Imagination song was playing!!! We woke sleepy Brittany up and we headed straight for

Dun du du dunnnnnn

MONORAIL <333

The most perfect and splendid mode of Disney transportation!!!

Before Andy had ever even been to Disney he had been hearing those beautiful words please stand clear of the doors constantly from my family. He loves the monorail now and he truly appreciates the beauty of those words

Excuse me while I just make an entire post on the beauty of the monorail

This beautiful Blue monorail was taking us to get some delicious sweet treats AT MY FAVORITE HOTELLLLLLL. What were those treats you may ask? Well, there was certain pineapple concoction that Brittany and Sam had wanted to try out.

Now in our opinion the Poly is THE PLACE to get a Dole Whip, you can pile it as high as you want for one low cost (snack credit). So keep that in mind next time you are looking to fulfill that pineapple hankering of yours.

This delicious treat gets a thumbs from 2 out of 4 of this Yolo gang

Andy and I on the other hand were not so enticed by this snack, mainly beucase I have a strong dislike for pineapple, we went to classic Disney ice cream treats

It doesnt get any better than that perfect chocolate crunch of a Mickey Premium bar!!!

Andy seems to thoroughly enjoy the ice cream sandwich as demonstrated in this photo

So after a deliciously yummy snack fueled us for just a little while longer we decided to head out, but not before we took some pictures in the most beautiful lobby of all time!!!

Sam go ahead and make youself at home, its alright, one day we will stay here&

Ok, dont mind if I do&

Guys, this is YOLO enjoy yourself!!!

We went up to jump back on the monorail because although this is a beautiful hotel, it wasnt our final destination!!! Of course we couldnt just walk straight out we heard some merchandise calling out name&

Maybe not our name but a familiar teal friend&

PERRYYYYYYY!!!!

I love me some Perry the Platypus, have I mentioned that lately?! Incase you didnt know, heres a photo to give you an idea of just how much I love him.

ANDY CAN I HAS HIM?!

Not a Perry fan (how is that possible?!) Disney has something for everyone!!!

So we jumped back onto the beloved monorail and we headed for a pretty amazing kingdom

SMILE ANDY!!!

Do you see that blinding light?! Its made of Magic. Its like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and it was taking us to a very magical place

Not exactly the most magical place, we were just going to have to walk by the Magic Kingdom, but it was still pretty cool!!!

Wondering where we are headed thats magical that isnt the Magic Kingdom?

Tune In Next Time!!!

Im probably going to go and do an update on my DCP trip report as well to give you all the low down on what happening in this crazy life, so make sure to keep your eyes open for that update as well!!!

Ahem....ahem....excuse me....EXCUSE ME!!! Where is the update about what's going on in your crazy life?!?!? (I know, I know....but I won't tell if you post pics! Whoever said blackmail was a bad thing didn't know how to use it!)
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

When this popped up in my subscriptions i was VERY excited!!!
So glad you are updating again!!!
AHH I need to eat ice cream now!!!
Yay! Please update more soon! :)

Ahem....ahem....excuse me....EXCUSE ME!!! Where is the update about what's going on in your crazy life?!?!? (I know, I know....but I won't tell if you post pics! Whoever said blackmail was a bad thing didn't know how to use it!)
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

You asked for it you got it!!! Well minus photos because I don't have my computer with me but I promise there will be more interesting stuff soon!!!

When this popped up in my subscriptions i was VERY excited!!!
So glad you are updating again!!!
AHH I need to eat ice cream now!!!
Yay! Please update more soon! :)

YAY!!! I'm so glad that you are still interested. I feel so bad that I have fallen so extremely behind on this but I promise to keep the updates coming!!! I'm grateful to know there is still interest in it!!! Thanks for reading along :thumbsup2

Another First?! How is that Possible for Seasoned Pros?!
May 29, 2012

So after we stepped into that blinding sunlight you may be wondering where we were going to be headed next, if you recall we had no park passes for the day so obviously we were going to MK. Well, we had big plans for this night. A first for all of us, and with one night off let me tell you there is no better place to go!!!

Ill go into more detail later. I like the suspense. We walked down that slippery as death ramp. I can remember the disastrous combination of a wet painted pathway and cheap $1 old navy flip flops very well. We laughed and screamed our way to the safety of level ground and headed over to the boat launch.

We jumped on to the boat headed in the direction of Fort Wilderness!!! What a fun time those boat rides are. Personally I love them, especially sitting outside on the front, you get the beautiful view and breeze and sometimes if you are lucky (like we were) one of the boatmen will point out different things about your journey!!!

For example the bridge that you go over when you are near the contemporary at about this point

(It has a special name that I dont remember) It is one of 7 bridges in the world that has a waterway going over a road that cars drive on and three of the are located on Disney Property. How cool is that?! Thats why the boats have to slow down so that they dont splash water of the bridge onto unsuspecting cars.

The next thing that was pointed out to us was sad old River Country!!!

I dont know how many of you were able to enjoy all the glories of that old swimming hole, but man I have a love for this place and I only went as a little baby. The fact that it is sitting there completely abandoned makes my heart break. When I first joined the Dis I read a post about people who and went and explored it and took pictures. Its all sad and over grown. I wish it was still a place to visit but blah blah, killing bacteria filled water, blah blah. I guess I understand.

I make a point to say hi to it or point it out every time I go by it just to let it know that I know its there and appreciate its old existence. Sad day&

So after we floated by River Country like everyone seems to do. Our tour guide pointed out another interesting thing that I had never seen before and that is this tree

It may look like just an ordinary tree but if you look closely you can see tennis shoes hanging from it. Apparently it is customary when a captain retires that on his last sailing he ties his shoes together and tosses them up into this tree. I thought that was pretty neat and something Im sure that a lot of people have never seen/noticed so I figured Id share that.

Before long we were arriving at the dock and unloading. Once we were officially entering Fort Wilderness it all came back to me. We use to stay here as kids and I forgot just how much I loved this place. Its perfect and I always tell Andy that when we have kids we will always be staying at the cabins as well. Sam and I had to take a picture with the sign like we use to do as when we were little.

2012:

Not exactly the same sign but close enough!!!

From there Sam and Brittany had to make a pit stop so we headed over to my future place of employment. Pioneer Hall, home of the Hoope Dee Doo review.

Now I may have mentioned it once& or twice& or a thousand times in life but I am going to work here and the wonderful Clair DeLune. They have auditions for this show all the time but Im just not ready to give up my current role yet. This show is an Equity so once you audition and get chosen you arent allowed to go back to being a regular old entertainment person anymore and from then out yo are in the big league with any other performing role you want to audition for. My equity card is a responsibility that Im not ready for yet haha but one day!!!

The bathroom floor mats are just so welcoming!!! How can you not love Fort Wilderness?!

As we were waiting for Sam and Brittany to come out of the bathroom Andy and I mapped out where we were headed next. For those of you who havent been to Fort Wilderness they have an internal bus system with three different bus routes Yellow, Orange and Purple. We were looking for a very special bus stop and we just had to figure out which bus we needed to take. I think it ended up being orange?

Also while we were waiting, my future co-workers may have walked out to get to work over at the Hoop dee doo and I may have taken some stalker photos of them and posted them on twitter. I JUST WANT TO BEE YOUUUUUU I think is what the caption ended up being. Either way Sam and Brittany came over and told me to stop creepin and we were on our way.

From the Settlement to the Meadow.. BUS TIME!

Once again we had the bus to ourselves. This seemed to be a reoccurring thing and what do we do best when we are alone? Make ourselves at home of course!!! Show em Brittany&

The next picture I was framed for!!! Sam told me smile like you are having the time of your life. I didnt realize I was sitting under the devil bear and this was all part of her plot to make me seem like I like Duffy. ITS ALL LIES I TELL YOUUU!!!

Im sure we all know my real feelings towards Duffy the devil bear. We will leave it at that..

The bus pulled up shortly after and I ran away from Duffy as fast as I humanly could.

Just look at this place, its so peaceful and perfect. Just head over that bridge and around the pool for a rip roarin time

When we got off the bus we started to see signs like this and we knew we were headed in the right direction!!!

I wont lie it took us a little time to find it. Its kind of like trying to find the magical express in the Orlando airport, you know its there and you can see signs for it but you just keep going in circles!!! Haha eventually we found a big old sign that looked like this

Do you think we should follow it?!

Now for those of you who dont know what the Camp Fire Show is I will be happy to fill you in: Its a show that they hold nightly at Fort Wilderness Campground the EVERYONE is welcome to!!! I stress that because some people think its strictly for guest of Fort Wilderness and that just isnt true. They hold it every single night, there is a sing along with Chip and Dale, a fire for some good yummy smore toasting and a moive. Its kind of like the moive nights that they hold each night at the resort pools but so much better for reasons like CHIP AND DALE (my favorite chipmunks) ANNNNNNDDDDD SMORES!!! Need I say more? If you havent been there yet or just havent heard about it I totally recommend it!!! Its a great time for people of all ages. We loved doing the hokey pokey with Chip and Dale as you probably saw from our trip video. Dont believe me? I have TONNNSSSSS of photos coming up of the massive amounts of fun that we had, and we werent even in a park!!! I cant stress enough how much I think everyone should go to this!!!

Back to the start of it all, we had no idea how much fun we were in for!!!

This is the stage where Chip Dale and their banjo playing friend perform. Its a really lovely set up that this place has

The outdoor seating and the movie projection hut

We were lucky enough to have gotten there in time to get a really good bench in the center. If you do plan to attend I think the fire starts at 7:30pm, the sing along starts at 8:00 and the movie starts at 8:45. This may change depending on the season, due to when the sun sets, I just looked it up right online an they will usually have the times and which movies are playing for the entire month. We lucked out and this night we went it was TANGLEDDDDDD, my absolute favorite Disney movie. There is PLENTY of seating. I recall 4 sets of bleachers and about 2 dozen benches, but I would recommend getting there early if you want a front row bench.

If you dont feel like bringing all the fixins for smore from home and lugging them around (like we did) they do have smores kits that you can buy ($9.99)!!! They come with everything you could need!!! If you do decide to bring your own, because you are like me and can eat a whole box of graham crackers and chocolate alone they also sell just sticks ($.50). the chuckwagon also sells tons of other must needs for a moive night. Heres the list of all that they serve

Because it had rained so much that afternoon everything was still soaked, thank goodness I stopped and bought that handy dandy rain poncho before we left the resort, we had a nice little set up going where we wouldnt get our butts wet and all of our snacks stayed clean and dry

Pretty soon Chip and Dale it was time to get roasting, singing and dancing!!!

Tune In Next Time!!!

Let the Good Times Roll
May 29, 2012

As I promised I am back with another update!!! Who thought that I would actually get back to constant updating like this?!

After we got all settled in and cozy on our little campfire bench it was time to get down to business!!!

The fire was just a short stroll away and I was dying for some smores, so I wasted no time jumping in on the action

As you can see I had my eye on the prize and I wasn’t stopping for anything!

So we got a nice little spot by the fire and we started roasting away

A few times we had to shift positions because the smoke was attacking us but other than that it was really nice. I like how a family can come together over a fire, it was cute to see the families with little kids having fun roasting marshmallows, you know the kids always want to do it but they always end up burning it. I see nothing wrong wih that I love them nice and charred!!!

I couldn’t wait to walk back to my seat so I made Andy hold onto my graham crackers and chocolate so that I could make them right at the fire. I NEED to have the marshmallow melt the chocolate. It’s the only way to do it!!! Yummmmm

I would say that smores round one was a success

Maybe Brittany was feeling a little guilty for the amount of sweets she had eaten today

While we were hanging out at the fire they had picked the family of the evening. The ones who would get to introduce Chip and Dale and all that jazz.

Shortly there after they were making their way up to the stage to start the show!!!

This night was so much fun!!! I really wish that Disney trips didn’t go so fast so that thre was more time to enjoy the simple things like this nightly event.

And round two was calling our names!!! Sam and Brittany are you up for the challenge?

Looks like it!!!

Andy isn’t a fan of constructed smores. He will eat all the pieces separately but he doesn’t like the roasted marshmallow part, he is picky like that. He loves roasting them though, weird? So I told him for round two he could make mine as long as he promised to scorch them

At this point Chip and Dale had made their way to the stage and started their sing a long, we were having a grand old time singing and dancing along with them while roasting our marshmallows!!!

Andy I said I like them burnt, get in on that campfire action!!!

Brittany was done roasting hers and sam’s wayyyy before Andy was. They like theirs barely toasted. Wheres the fun in that?!

Yummmmmm, that’s nice and toasty. Is there any other way to have a smore?

After a few more treats we made our way back to our seats because chip and dale were coming around to take photos!!!

Nowwwww. Most people know the major difference between Chip and Dale, that’s the color of their nose but did you know that they actually have 3 distinguishing features?

First around was Dale

Then came chip with his “chocolate chip” nose

Chip is my personal favorite, mainly because I love his rescue rangers jacket and hat. I may have mentioned it several times before but I have a really close bond with the guys because they were the very first fur characters I met that I voluntarily went up to and didn’t cry at. Back then they were the rescue rangers in the park. Melt my heart I just love them so much!!!

So now that you have seen pictures of them can you see the other two differences besides their noses?

It’s their teeth and their eyes!!! Chip has two teeth but they are together and his eyes are all the way open. Dale on the other hand has two separate teeth and you can see part of his eyelids!!! Did you know that? Well then you are really up to date on your Disney trivia, if you didn’t know… now you do!!!

After they made their around they had a few interactive dances, my favorite being the hokey pokey, we all had a really good time joining in with that one!!! There was another one that if you were male you started standing up but you sat down on a certain word and the girls had to do the opposite that one got really fun because she would just continually speed up the song until you didn’t know if you should be standing or sitting. I sure did laugh A LOT this night. I think we all laughed enough to work off all those snacks we had eaten.

It was starting to get dark, which meant that the movie would be starting in no time!!! We got ready for the final round of smores. Everybody show me your roasting sticks!!!

I love Brittany’s face in that one because we figured we only needed two and we would just take turns. Brittany where did yours go?!

We toasted our last smores and made our way back to our seats. About 20 smores later we were starting to slow down…

Now that’s a true food coma.

Before long they were firing up the projector and it was time to watch one of, if not my all time favorite Disney movie: Tangled!!!

We had all gotten settled in and ready for a great movie, but the night wasn’t over yet!!!

Tune In Next Time!!!

oh my gosh an update woohooo,I thought I had missed ur tr all together n that I wouldn't find it again but now i'm happy again YAYYYYY,hows ur DCP going? How long r u there for ?

That is such a great idea for an evening! Chip and Dale hold a special place in my heart too!

I'm loving all your pics. You and Andy are so adorable :)

What a great evening you had. Once, about 20 years ago I stayed at Fort Wilderness and they had Chip and Dale come out then a Disney movie every evening. No seating back then. You brought a lawn chair or they had logs on the ground you could sit on. I love how now they sell smores hits now. Such fun!!

So cute! Never thought to do stuff like this on non-park days. We had our annual passes for the past 3 trips, and now that we're going to have to switch back to our no expiration tickets, stuff like this will definitely go on my to do list. I don't remember the last time I had REAL s'mores like that before. I'd like some burned marshmallows too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter