Was my magic bands supposed to come with cards too?I

Lynn CC

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISe
I don’t see any cards in the box, just the bands

Your MagicBands are activated and provide the link to all data in your MDX account.

Tickets are linked separately by you to your MDX account.

Did you check in the ends of the box? Where the cardboard is folded?

My MB box is always just the MBs, a pamphlet and luggage tags with character pics on them, and those are in the ends of the box. Are those the cards you’re speaking of?

Ok I checked the ends. I thought they were supposed to come with some type of card & the magic bands. It’s just the bands. The yellow luggage tags came already. I’m leaving soon, just making sure everything is ok. So nice to have you all to ask all these details!

You'll need an AP card to get discounts. At least we always have. They don't come with the MagicBands. Just stop at any Guest Services and you can get an AP card. They don't seem to have mastered the art of putting annual passholder information on the MagicBands.

Ok I checked the ends. I thought they were supposed to come with some type of card & the magic bands. It’s just the bands. The yellow luggage tags came already. I’m leaving soon, just making sure everything is ok. So nice to have you all to ask all these details!

What sort of card were you expecting?

Sounds like these are bands from a resort reservation, not having an AP. And AP are just bands; you would get the AP discount card at the park.

When our MBs came for our package it came with some "Magical Extras"(or something like that) card. It was for the mini-golf, some restaurant discounts, and maybe Wide World of Sports? It was in the end under the cardboard, but it was labeled on the tab.

Are you talking about theme park tickets when you ask about "cards"? (If you purchased room only and tickets separately and requested hard tickets be mailed to you then those would come separately)
Are you talking about complimentary luggage tags when you ask about "cards"? (you only get that with a package)

I'll try to explain what I thought the cards are... When I customized our magic bands online it said cards and bands. So I thought the card would be a card that I could swipe for purchases, room key, Fast Passes. But I guess it's just the magic band now that does all that and not a card to keep in our wallets, right?

I'll try to explain what I thought the cards are... When I customized our magic bands online it said cards and bands. So I thought the card would be a card that I could swipe for purchases, room key, Fast Passes. But I guess it's just the magic band now that does all that and not a card to keep in our wallets, right?

The magic band does everything mentioned, except serve as proof that you are an annual passholder to get discounts. For that, you need to go to guest services and get a card that confirms you have a valid annual pass. That card is what you will show, with your ID, to get s AP discount. That is its only purpose.

Where it says "magic bands and cards" the cards refer to people who traveled before MBs who may still have Key to the World cards on their account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter