Was my magic bands supposed to come with cards too?I

Just FYI, I'm an AP holder and when I renew, I never get the card anymore. I too have to go to guest services to ask for it. If you have the My Disney Experience App, you can use that in place of the card. When you log in, you can pull up your pass information to show for discounts or anything else the card would do.

The magic bands and cards section is just where it lists the magic bands and hard tickets/KTTWC's you have linked to your account.
It does not mean they are giving you hard tickets in the magic band box.

The magic bands and cards section is just where it lists the magic bands and hard tickets/KTTWC's you have linked to your account.
It does not mean they are giving you hard tickets in the magic band box.
Ok thanks, I didn’t want to miss an important detail!, phew!

I have one other question about my tickets/and linking them to our Magicbands. We got 5 day park tickets. We are staying on property only one of the days that we will enter a park... the other 4 days that we will enter a park we will be at Melia Orlando Suites with my sons family. Can I link the whole 5 day ticket to my magic bands or just one day..,?
The last 2 days we will be back at the YC but not entering park.

So I guess to sum up this confusing scenario, can our tickets be on our MB if we are sleeping offsite 4 nights & driving to the parks?
Hope someone understands this, I certainly don't

I have one other question about my tickets/and linking them to our Magicbands. We got 5 day park tickets. We are staying on property only one of the days that we will enter a park... the other 4 days that we will enter a park we will be at Melia Orlando Suites with my sons family. Can I link the whole 5 day ticket to my magic bands or just one day..,?
The last 2 days we will be back at the YC but not entering park.

So I guess to sum up this confusing scenario, can our tickets be on our MB if we are sleeping offsite 4 nights & driving to the parks?
Hope someone understands this, I certainly don't
You are not linking them to your magic band. You link the ticket to MDE. Your magic band is linked to MDE.
The magic band just accesses the info in MDE.
Staying onsite or offsite has nothing to do with that aspect of a magic band.
Once you have a magic band you can use it to access the ticket info where ever you stay from this point forward.
5yrs from now you could use it.

Maybe more simply put a magic band is not locked into one specific room reservatio.

Last edited:
You are not linking them to your magic band. You link the ticket to MDE. Your magic band is linked to MDE.
Once you have a magic band you can use it to access the ticket info where ever you stay from this point forward.

Maybe more simply put a magic band is not locked into one specific room reservatio.
Thank you, I’m so afraid I’m going to get something confused on this trip, I didn’t want to get to the parks & have them say oh no you can’t use those tickets you have to be staying on property. I’m relieved thank you!

Thanks for this post. I'm planning to do something similar - staying WDW resort a couple days (2-3), then off-site (approx. 2 weeks), then possibly back to WDW for a couple more days for the tail end of our trip, all the while having multiple park tickets and probably going to the parks while we are offsite. We've been to WDW before, but MagicBands were just being introduced at the time and we weren't able to get one so we had the KTTW cards. So I think I'm understanding this, but I'm still processing some details in my mind. If I'm understanding correctly, the MB is basically the same as a KTTW card but just in a different form, right? So all information would be linked to the account THROUGH the app/Disney Experience and the Band would just be the way for WDW to access that info. Am I right?
With that in mind, with the bands being sent in advance of the trip, how does that work with the Magical Express and Room Only reservations? Somebody mentioned that luggage tags aren't received with Room Only. Are they just not received with the Magic Bands (come separately) or are they not received at all? Are we allowed to do Magical Express from the airport with Room Only reservations?
Also, if the MB is received in advance, how are AP's handled? I've read somewhere that I'd be able to link the number to the MDE in advance (for Fastpass+, etc.), but would I still have to go somewhere and activate the AP info through the MB before going into a Park, or would that be done automatically as I enter the Park (same idea as a card with the finger scan)?
And while I'm thinking of it, how does the AP and MB work for theme park parking? Do the guards just scan the MB or do they do a finger scan (while in the car) also? Never had an AP before (always stayed on site with package deals for park visit trips in the past) but considering all the dynamics for this trip's planning since we'll be off-site for the bulk of the time...

Thanks for this post. I'm planning to do something similar - staying WDW resort a couple days (2-3), then off-site (approx. 2 weeks), then possibly back to WDW for a couple more days for the tail end of our trip, all the while having multiple park tickets and probably going to the parks while we are offsite. We've been to WDW before, but MagicBands were just being introduced at the time and we weren't able to get one so we had the KTTW cards. So I think I'm understanding this, but I'm still processing some details in my mind. If I'm understanding correctly, the MB is basically the same as a KTTW card but just in a different form, right? So all information would be linked to the account THROUGH the app/Disney Experience and the Band would just be the way for WDW to access that info. Am I right?
With that in mind, with the bands being sent in advance of the trip, how does that work with the Magical Express and Room Only reservations? Somebody mentioned that luggage tags aren't received with Room Only. Are they just not received with the Magic Bands (come separately) or are they not received at all? Are we allowed to do Magical Express from the airport with Room Only reservations?
Also, if the MB is received in advance, how are AP's handled? I've read somewhere that I'd be able to link the number to the MDE in advance (for Fastpass+, etc.), but would I still have to go somewhere and activate the AP info through the MB before going into a Park, or would that be done automatically as I enter the Park (same idea as a card with the finger scan)?
And while I'm thinking of it, how does the AP and MB work for theme park parking? Do the guards just scan the MB or do they do a finger scan (while in the car) also? Never had an AP before (always stayed on site with package deals for park visit trips in the past) but considering all the dynamics for this trip's planning since we'll be off-site for the bulk of the time...

Yes you can kind of think of magic bands as the "new" KTTWC.

Yes all info is on MDE and your magic band can access the info.

If you have your magic band in advance then when you go to Magical Express they will ask you to tap it Mickey to Mickey and direct you to the correct line.
Gone are the days of waiting in a line at the DME counter and being asked various questions.

With a room only reservation you don't get complimentary luggage tags that match the color of your magic band. You only get those with a vacation package.
Those luggage tags have absolutely nothing to do with Magical Express.
The yellow Magical Express tags will arrive in the Magical Express mailing.
Yes anyone staying onsite is eligible for Magical Express. You do have to sign up for it though and you have to provide names and flight numbers.

I have never had an AP so I don't know how activation works.

You will have to tap your magic band Mickey to Mickey and then do the finger can.

As for parking they scan your magic band.

We got our MB last night. We had luggage tags, and a card for food discount at WWSC, and mini golf

Attachments

• 20180821_090412.jpg
    20180821_090412.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 13

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter