Washington D.C. and using Lyft

Disneygrl71

Mouseketeer
My son (14) and I are going to Washington, for a short trip Thurs (arriving late)-Mon (leaving early) in August. We are staying two blocks from the White House and flying into BWI (free flights or I would've used a closer airport). We plan on doing the 48 hour hop on and off tour bus and the Monuments at night tour. I plan on using Lyft all the times between and to/from BWI to save time (I also have 50 bucks in free rides). We won't utilize the metro that often due to my son also has asperger's (he can become overwhelmed easily) August heat and saving time. I have planned all the things we will do/places to eat close to each other for that day, so we should only be using lyft about 4/5 times. Now, not knowing anything about Lyft and D.C. will this plan work? Are they reliable and safe? I've never see this method of transportaation ever mentioned, but seems like our best option.

I can't vouch for Lyft; however, most people I know around here rely on Uber. Haven't heard anyone even talk about it but I know it operates here. Uber just seems to be the more popular choice. And it is very reliable.

Not sure about Lyft, but I used Uber consistently when i was visiting daughter in DC and each ride was awesome. It is also daughter #2 mode of transportation since she doesn't have a car down there.

100% for Lyft. Haven't been to DC, but use Lyft exclusively in the Boston area - even knowing many drivers work for both companies. Lyft hasn't had most, if any at all, of the corporate issues that Über has.

Don't change your plans and waste those credits. You can check rideguru.com for fare estimates.

100% for Lyft. Haven't been to DC, but use Lyft exclusively in the Boston area - even knowing many drivers work for both companies. Lyft hasn't had most, if any at all, of the corporate issues that Über has.

Don't change your plans and waste those credits. You can check rideguru.com for fare estimates.
I agree. We've only used Lyft once (to get from USF to BWV) and we're satisfied, and we haven't used Uber at all. But with all the controversy around Uber in the news, including their CEO resigning, I see no reason not to use Lyft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter