Wasted FP on SE with scooter?

ChimCher-ee

There's been a change of plans.
Do I need to get FPs for SE when traveling with someone in a scooter? I seem to remember the CMs direct you to an inside waiting area, anyway, until they can slow the ride down to accommodate several guests.

I've seen extremely long lines for SE in July (timing for our next trip) though so I'd want to get them if there's an advantage.

Thanks in advance!

SE?

Do I need to get FPs for SE when traveling with someone in a scooter? I seem to remember the CMs direct you to an inside waiting area, anyway, until they can slow the ride down to accommodate several guests.

I've seen extremely long lines for SE in July (timing for our next trip) though so I'd want to get them if there's an advantage.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance!
No need for FPs for Spaceship Earth. Your memory is correct that you go into a separate parking/waiting area inside for guests using scooters, wheelchairs, or having other mobility issues. You're grouped with other similar guests until a CM leads you onto the ride.

This past November when we went, there were a lot of people waiting in the area. The CM asked if we had FP and we did, so we went ahead of others. This was during Thanksgiving week, so a busy time. Before we just had to wait a few usually.

A FP for spaceship earth is a waste no matter what, IMO. The lines are only long in the beginning of the day. If you go later in the afternoon/evening, then it is pretty much walk on.

I have been with a friend that use an ECV and they gave us a return time to then go in the back entrance ( we had to hand the CM the ticket to get in the line back there) there was just one other person there so it was short wait. The next day we got a 4 FP and the CM gave us the same card but the time was right then.

In the past, we just went in the back with no fastpass required, but when we went in September, we were asked if we had one and since we did not, we were given a return time for about 20 minutes later before we could enter the waiting area. I asked as it had been different in the past and was told that they had just made that change that week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!