NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

The WBTA 2018 starts in Dover :)

ETA: Looks like the 7 night Norwegian Fjords on 8/26/18 and 7 night British Isles on 9/2/18 also start and end in Dover.
Aw, damn... we can't do last week of August and British Isles kind of seems a waste as we live here and have pretty much been to every place. Won't rule it out though. I was hoping for a Fjord/Iceland cruise in July/early Aug

This is the place where we can keep an eye out for the releases of the 2019 Disney Cruise Line itineraries.

It is difficulty to predict, when new itineraries will be released. Over the last few years, DCL seems to have adopted a pattern to release the new cruises in three batches:

• "Winter": first cruise in the new year up to April/May (not including spring Panama Canal and Transatlantic)
  • "Summer": about May to August/September (not including fall Panama Canal and Transatlantic).
  • "Fall": September until the end of the year (ending with the last cruise starting in the old year).

The booking schedule has changed as of May 2017 and will go as follows

Day 1: Platinum Booking (only by phone)
Day 2: Gold Booking (only by phone)
Day 3: Silver Booking (only by phone)
Day 4: General public can book, cruises will be available over the internet

As was seen with the Fall 2018 release, which was the first one to follow the new schedule, the release date for information on the new itineraries was on a Thursday with booking starting for Platinum Booking on the following Monday.

On the booking days for Castaway Club members only booking via phone is available, no online booking. Online booking opens sometime in the morning of the general public booking day, usually a little before the phone lines open.

We usually had a thread going on the former booking day for Gold and Platinum Castaway Club members where those who have gotten info on prices when calling DCL can post their information for others to get an idea of what prices they have to expect. I hope we will continue this tradition, especially since there now will be three days of booking access only via phone with no ability to quickly check prices online.

Of course it is always possible that DCL changes it up! There have been different ways of releasing cruises (by ships, no early booking benefit for Gold and Platinum Castaway Club members, no announcement etc.).

But, looking at historic evidence from the 2015 through 2017 releases my guess (and that is all that it is!!!) would be the following:

Winter 2019: anytime between September 28, 2017 and November 9, 2017
Summer 2019: anytime between February 15, 2018 and April 5, 2018
Fall 2019: anytime between May 10, 2018 and May 17, 2018

May I ask how we find out about the specific dates for phone bookings? We are Castaway Club members from years ago. 1999, (pre kids) Now looking for June 2019 booking for our oldest child's HS Graduation. Its been a while....:-)

Watching for Nov. 2019 we will be celebrating Hubby's 50th and oldest DD 16th I want a Merrytime:)

I hope the European cruises are released soon. I've been waiting for them to come out before we did which cruiseline to go with and everyone else has had theirs out since December.

Probably not until mid-Feb- beg of April.
So my waiting continues lol. I'm pretty sure we are going to go with Princess, but in the off chance Disney has an amazing itinerary that fits perfectly I want to wait. Plus I have an onboard booking deal to use

I hope the European cruises are released soon. I've been waiting for them to come out before we did which cruiseline to go with and everyone else has had theirs out since December.

I'm getting antsy soon as well, family is looking to book a 7 night Mediterranean cruise on the Magic in summer 2019 :)

Does anyone know if they do a California coast every year as the Wonder transitions up to Vancouver for the Alaskan cruises? I saw that most itineraries through May are posted, but that one isn't on the list.

Also, have they ever done Marvel or Star Wars day at sea on one of the west coast cruises?

Does anyone know if they do a California coast every year as the Wonder transitions up to Vancouver for the Alaskan cruises? I saw that most itineraries through May are posted, but that one isn't on the list.

Also, have they ever done Marvel or Star Wars day at sea on one of the west coast cruises?

Looks like for the Fantasy and Dream they have released the cruise dates up until end of May 2019 but for the Magic and Wonder they have only released the first half or so of May 2019. The San Diego to Vancouver cruise will be released in this next batch coming up.

They (so far) have only done Star Wars cruises on the Fantasy (eastern and western carib) and Marvel only on the Magic, to the carib and the east coast. They haven't done any 'theme' cruises on west coast cruises for a few years now.

I third Hawaii, but I would expect them to release that with the Fall 2019 batch, not with the summer ones. Anyone know when they released the other Hawaii cruises (with Fall or with summer?)

Yes, they do. It should be with the 'summer' batch. I'd expect it to be May 15-20, 2019 as the last Baja Cruise ends on 5/15/19. The 2018 cruise season has Alaska starting on 5/21/18, so this would be in line with that. (Of course, there's always the possibility of a Hawaiian cruise first?)

No, they haven't done Marvel/Star Wars ones on the West Coast. Star Wars has been limited to the Fantasy cruises, from January-April. Marvel ones have only been on the Magic...I think mostly during non-peak seasons--cruises from NY in the Fall and from Miami in the Winter. The Alaskan cruises sell very well--which is the main reason Disney has a ship over on the West Coast in the summer!

Yes, they do. It should be with the 'summer' batch. I'd expect it to be May 15-20, 2019 as the last Baja Cruise ends on 5/15/19. The 2018 cruise season has Alaska starting on 5/21/18, so this would be in line with that. (Of course, there's always the possibility of a Hawaiian cruise first?)

No, they haven't done Marvel/Star Wars ones on the West Coast. Star Wars has been limited to the Fantasy cruises, from January-April. Marvel ones have only been on the Magic...I think mostly during non-peak seasons--cruises from NY in the Fall and from Miami in the Winter. The Alaskan cruises sell very well--which is the main reason Disney has a ship over on the West Coast in the summer!
I would love it if they did Hawaii before Alaska, but if Alaska is usually a big seller, I can't see them doing Hawaii in lieu of Alaska (which sucks because that's a good time for us to go :D )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!