NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

We are hoping to book a Disney Alaska cruise for our 40th anniversary in summer 2019. How fast do I have to jump on booking once the dates are released? Also - for those who have done this: 7 or 9 days? And is it worth the extra $ to go later in the summer rather than the earlier June dates? Thanks for all answers!

Purly from a cost perspective I would do it sooner than later. Disney seems to put quite a premium on the AK cruises.

We are hoping to book a Disney Alaska cruise for our 40th anniversary in summer 2019. How fast do I have to jump on booking once the dates are released? Also - for those who have done this: 7 or 9 days? And is it worth the extra $ to go later in the summer rather than the earlier June dates? Thanks for all answers!

I would check weather statistics by month for the ports. If I remember correctly, July statistically has better weather. Of course, when we sailed in July, it rained the entire week, so you never really know. If you want to see bears, that might be a factor as well. For some of the excursions (whether you book via DCL or via a private operator), bears are only there during certain months. For example, we booked a private Anan creek excursion, and there would not have been bears in June. In the back of my head, I feel like there are generally more bears around in August perhaps??? Double check that though since my memory is fuzzy.

I do think booking the earliest you can is best since this is a popular itinerary. My philosophy is to go on the longest cruise you can afford, so I would do the 9 if it doesn't bust your budget! Have fun!!

Hi all- appears this is the place to ask novice questions- We just got off Fantasy a week ago and loved it- looking for 2018-maybe 2019- so in all the pricing listed (thank you so much for tracking this) have you compared to Costco's pricing? Just curious as we booked our with costco based on a friends advice- also we did not put a placeholder down as I didn't know if you could used that if booking with costco- anyone know about all this? thank you in advance :)

Hi all- appears this is the place to ask novice questions- We just got off Fantasy a week ago and loved it- looking for 2018-maybe 2019- so in all the pricing listed (thank you so much for tracking this) have you compared to Costco's pricing? Just curious as we booked our with costco based on a friends advice- also we did not put a placeholder down as I didn't know if you could used that if booking with costco- anyone know about all this? thank you in advance :)

Costco's pricing will be exactly the same as DCL's pricing. If you rebook onboard, you can book a placeholder and name Costco as your agent. However, Costco can't pull in a reservation without a date attached. So, my workaround has been to book a specific date while onboard. Then change that to my desired date once itineraries are announced. That way I can see my reservation in Costco's system.

I booked a placeholder while on our last cruise a few months ago and named Costco as our agent (love the Costco card that arrives a few weeks later). We are Silver members. When new itineraries are announced, how can I book on the "silver" day since Costco is our agent?

I booked a placeholder while on our last cruise a few months ago and named Costco as our agent (love the Costco card that arrives a few weeks later). We are Silver members. When new itineraries are announced, how can I book on the "silver" day since Costco is our agent?

Call Costco Travel on the appropriate day (phone lines open at 8:00 I believe). They will have to call Disney to book you since general rates won't be out yet and won't be loaded in their system. Just tell them you have a placeholder from rebooking onboard, and please call DCL so that you can move it to your desired date. If the agent you get seems confused, just hang up and call back. Most are familiar with the process, but occasionally, you'll get a new agent who doesn't know what they're doing. Good luck!

Costco pricing is the same as DCL pricing. The difference is that you get a Costco card when you get back equal to a small percentage of what you paid for the cruise. You can put a placeholder down, and transfer it to Costco after the cruise, if you want.

I have my fingers crossed for a September 2019 WBTA cruise similar to the 2018 itinerary (Dover to NY) - the dates and start/end points would be perfect for our 2019 adventure, shame we can't go next year! I notice this year it is out of Barcelona - is the Dover a once off or do they switch it around every year?

Otherwise we will be booking a 4 night Caribbean cruise in Oct 2019, but I'd prefer the longer WBTA cruise.

Hoping to go anywhere nice and warm anytime Jan-March 2019. I don't even care which ship, just as long as it gets me out of gloomy Ohio for 7 or more nights!!

That's the timeframe I'm watching for. It should be the next round of releases.

When were those in previous years? Spring? How many nights?

Someone who is more aware of past scheduling would have to answer that. I know they did it at least two years, but think it might have been at the end of summer or early fall ? I just remember seeing them and thought it would be cool to do the one-way and not round-trip as that wastes so many days at sea. I'd rather go over and spend those days sight-seeing and then come back. The itinerary included the islands, and then I don't know how many days at sea. I didn't pay much attention because I wasn't ready for that one yet. And then when I was ready to book one for our 40th for next year, they didn't have it on the schedule!

Someone who is more aware of past scheduling would have to answer that. I know they did it at least two years, but think it might have been at the end of summer or early fall ? I just remember seeing them and thought it would be cool to do the one-way and not round-trip as that wastes so many days at sea. I'd rather go over and spend those days sight-seeing and then come back. The itinerary included the islands, and then I don't know how many days at sea. I didn't pay much attention because I wasn't ready for that one yet. And then when I was ready to book one for our 40th for next year, they didn't have it on the schedule!

Looked it up . . . Hawaii was Fall and Spring 2012 + Fall 2015

I agree - a one way would be very nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!