Watch Out, World! Dawn & Mel in da (Mouse) House!~~ New 8/31 ~~

Sounds fantastic Dawn, so what will Kirt spend his gift card on?
Beer? No, I don't know. I know there was an awesome Lego set he wanted in March but refused to pay $50 for it. I'll have to tell you all after the trip, I guess. :cutie:

Hey everyone!

I'm checking in to update my first day also.

Our flight arrives in Orlando on Wednesday at about 10 am. I had the exact same flight when I was there in March with Dawn and her family. I believe it took until about 11:15 or so before we arrived at CSR. The same will probably be true of SSR. By the time we exit the plane, get our bags, hit the potty, take the mini-monorail over to the terminal, find the ME people, and get the bus to SSR it's bound to be close to 11.

We'll check in, though I doubt very much that we'll have a room ready for us that early. At least, I've never had one ready that early before.

The plan WAS for Darren and I to have dinner at 7:45 pm at Bluezoo. That is the new Todd English rest. over at the Swolphin (thanks T). We love his place in The Mirage in Vegas so we wanted to try this one. HOWEVER..... the discount (Tables in Wonderland) isn't accepted at any of the Swolphin food places. :confused3
They also don't use the DDP. That's a real bummer for me. I don't plan on using the DDP, but we LOVE our TiW card. It's good on booze! :worship: So, now the plan is to get dinner at SSR after a nice, relaxing afternoon around the pool or hot tub. Darren loves their buffalo chicken flatbreads.

Then we'll meet Kirt and Dawn over at the Poly for drinks and Wishes! That's day one.

Have any of you guys been to Bluezoo yet? Are we going to kick ourselves for missing it?

MEL

Thursday, Sept. 24th
Since this is Kirt's birthday trip, I let him pick which park we were going to on Thursday. He chose Hollywood Studios. I'm looking forward to all the shows and rides we can do without the kids. I think it's a good choice. :thumbsup2

Sadly, Mel & Darren aren't going to join us that day at the parks. We do have plans to meet up and eat at Raglan Road for dinner. Mel & Dawn needs them some scah-llops! :cloud9:

After dinner, I'm hoping we're not too tired to hang around and listen to some music and get Mel tipsy enough that she starts a conga line. :lmao:

Wednesday, Sept. 23rd-
KIRT's Bday!!! :yay:
We flight out super early and land about 2pm.
After we check-in at Saratoga Springs (our first DVC stay!!!), we are going to run to Magic Kingdom to get Kirt's bday gift card.

For dinner we have reservations at The Wave. Kirt wanted a steak and we thought it would be fun to wander around the Contemporary a bit. We've never been inside of it, and since BLT is our home resort, it seemed like a good idea.

After dinner, we're meeting Mel and Darren at the Poly for Lapus and Wishes! I can't wait to meet Mellie's hubby and let the guys meet. I know this vacation wil be a total blast with them along!

Coming up... Thursday- Saturday's plans

Hi Dawn! :goodvibes Sounds like you guys have a fun trip planned! You and Mel are too cute together! :goodvibes I'm sure the men-folk will get along great as well and you all will have an awesome time. :dance3: Congrats on your 1st DVC stay! Definitely check out BLT while you are there. Your (our ;)) home resort is amazing! :cloud9: We just had dinner at the Wave a few weeks ago - it was delicious! Yum! Oh, and tell your DH Happy Birthday! What a great place to celebrate! :yay: Also, :thumbsup2 on him spending his B-day gift card on Legos - my son & DH are BIG into Legos & spend a good amount of time in the DTD Lego store! LOL! :rotfl:

Cheers!
Michelle

Hey everyone!

I'm checking in to update my first day also.

Our flight arrives in Orlando on Wednesday at about 10 am. I had the exact same flight when I was there in March with Dawn and her family. I believe it took until about 11:15 or so before we arrived at CSR. The same will probably be true of SSR. By the time we exit the plane, get our bags, hit the potty, take the mini-monorail over to the terminal, find the ME people, and get the bus to SSR it's bound to be close to 11.

We'll check in, though I doubt very much that we'll have a room ready for us that early. At least, I've never had one ready that early before.

The plan WAS for Darren and I to have dinner at 7:45 pm at Bluezoo. That is the new Todd English rest. over at the Swolphin (thanks T). We love his place in The Mirage in Vegas so we wanted to try this one. HOWEVER..... the discount (Tables in Wonderland) isn't accepted at any of the Swolphin food places. :confused3
They also don't use the DDP. That's a real bummer for me. I don't plan on using the DDP, but we LOVE our TiW card. It's good on booze! :worship:
So, now the plan is to get dinner at SSR after a nice, relaxing afternoon around the pool or hot tub. Darren loves their buffalo chicken flatbreads.

Then we'll meet Kirt and Dawn over at the Poly for drinks and Wishes! That's day one.

Have any of you guys been to Bluezoo yet? Are we going to kick ourselves for missing it?

MEL

Hi Mel! :goodvibes I hate to tell you, but I LOVE BlueZoo! :lovestruc Although, it is very expensive, especially since like you said, there aren't any discounts. :sad2: We try to go at least once every other trip. They have a two-pound Maine "Cantonese" Lobster that is simply awesome. :cloud9: I usually split it with one of the kids. The decor is really cool as well. I'd say it's worth it to try it at least once - maybe not on this trip, but definitely try it sometime. :thumbsup2

:woohoo: Woo Hoo!!! :woohoo:

I made it over here before the trip was over! Hopefully I can keep up with the two of you! :yay:

There goes JO, jumping the gun. :lmao: I haven't even done my Thursday plans....silly!

Thursday....Sept. 24th

So far I don't have anything on my schedule except for Raglan Road with Dawn and Kirt for SCAH-LOPS. (I don't say it wrong. They "grow" them in N. England for Pete's sake. I mean, if I'm not saying it right, than who is????) :confused3

I think Thursday we'll spend time meeting up with 2 special girls from FL.... I can't say more though....I've been sworn to secrecy. Really. Not a peep. I promised. Can't do it. :sad2:

Wouldn't be prudent. :rolleyes1

Nope. :cool2:

Can't. :snooty:

Sooooooo, anyway. If we somehow end up with a cash windfall, (Uh, unlikely) we'll get park tix for Thursday and tag along to Hollywood Studios with Dawn and Kirt.
If not, we'll probably spend some time in the pool and then maybe go play putt-putt. I love the Fantasia Golf. It's the best!!!! It's the only golf I'm good at. Really, having large (dare I say, BODACIOUS???) tah-tahs really inhibits the golfing. Know what I'm sayin'? Anyone?

So, today we decided to "smuggle" some booze in the suitcases. Gonna have to check those babies. I don't want to pay Disney booze prices. It's like buying a kidney on the Black Market. (Actually, a kidney might be cheaper than a Lapu. I'll have to check on that.)

Ok, I'm going now.

Michelle: Thanks for the Bluezoo recommendation! We WILL get there! :thumbsup2

Jodi: Bout time...LOL :lovestruc

Kristel: Hi :wave2:

MEL:banana:

Hi Dawn! :goodvibes Sounds like you guys have a fun trip planned! You and Mel are too cute together! :goodvibes I'm sure the men-folk will get along great as well and you all will have an awesome time. :dance3: Congrats on your 1st DVC stay! Definitely check out BLT while you are there. Your (our ;)) home resort is amazing! :cloud9: We just had dinner at the Wave a few weeks ago - it was delicious! Yum! Oh, and tell your DH Happy Birthday! What a great place to celebrate! :yay: Also, :thumbsup2 on him spending his B-day gift card on Legos - my son & DH are BIG into Legos & spend a good amount of time in the DTD Lego store! LOL!
Cheers!
Michelle
Hi Michelle!!! Are you doing a report on your BLT trip?

I'm glad to hear the Wave is a good choice for Kirt's bday dinner. I'm excited to have a nice meal alone. :cloud9:

:woohoo: Woo Hoo!!! :woohoo:

I made it over here before the trip was over! Hopefully I can keep up with the two of you! :yay:
I'm so glad you're hear, Jodi! :hug: Coming out of hiding for us. We're so lucky! :goodvibes

So when are you getting to your Friday plans? popcorn::
:snooty: Why? You think we have something special planned? :flower3:

Thursday....Sept. 24th

So far I don't have anything on my schedule except for Raglan Road with Dawn and Kirt for SCAH-LOPS. (I don't say it wrong. They "grow" them in N. England for Pete's sake. I mean, if I'm not saying it right, than who is????) :confused3

I think Thursday we'll spend time meeting up with 2 special girls from FL.... I can't say more though....I've been sworn to secrecy. Really. Not a peep. I promised. Can't do it. :sad2:

Wouldn't be prudent. :rolleyes1

Nope. :cool2:

Can't. :snooty:

Sooooooo, anyway. If we somehow end up with a cash windfall, (Uh, unlikely) we'll get park tix for Thursday and tag along to Hollywood Studios with Dawn and Kirt.
If not, we'll probably spend some time in the pool and then maybe go play putt-putt. I love the Fantasia Golf. It's the best!!!! It's the only golf I'm good at. Really, having large (dare I say, BODACIOUS???) tah-tahs really inhibits the golfing. Know what I'm sayin'? Anyone?

So, today we decided to "smuggle" some booze in the suitcases. Gonna have to check those babies. I don't want to pay Disney booze prices. It's like buying a kidney on the Black Market. (Actually, a kidney might be cheaper than a Lapu. I'll have to check on that.)

MEL:banana:
:sad2: I can't believe you said bodacious tah-tahs on our PTR. So tacky... :lmao:

Well, all I know is that if you get busted sneaking booze around, we don't know you. :rolleyes1

Friday, September 25th-

Bright and early Friday morning we have a date with puffy toast and friends! :yay: We're meeting Mel, Bob, Angela, Jo and her sister for breakfast.

I can not wait! I've been lucky enough to met Angela in March on our last trip, but I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Jo (DisneyJo) yet. We've been chatting on-line here at the DIS for a few years now, and I've always considered her one of my favorite friends. :lovestruc

After breakfast we're going to TAKE THE MONORAIL to Epcot for Food & Wine Festival. I have always wanted to go to Disney for Food & Wine Festival, so this was a perfect opportunity to go with out the kids.

As I was planning this trip, I was especially excited that Big Bad Voodoo Daddy will be playing while we are in EPCOT. My hunny loves BBVD and swing music.

More on Friday later... :rolleyes:

You 2 are going to have a blast. I can't believe I am missing you by 1 day!

(Mel I can't get used to seeing "Darren" instead of Not-Bob.) :lmao:

From one chesty gal to another - Amen! Sports of any kind and too much on the upper torso doesn't work.

Smuggling booze???!!!! I read nut-ing! :rolleyes1

Dawn tell me something, do you like doing some planning that does not include the kids???
:rotfl2:

There goes JO, jumping the gun. :lmao: I haven't even done my Thursday plans....silly!
Well get a move on, the trip will be here before you know it :rotfl2: Oh and apparently I say scallops the same way you do :thumbsup2

:snooty: Why? You think we have something special planned? :flower3:
Maybe :snooty: :rotfl2:

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Jo (DisneyJo) yet. We've been chatting on-line here at the DIS for a few years now, and I've always considered her one of my favorite friends. :lovestruc
Awwwww, can't wait to meet you too :goodvibes

After breakfast we're going to TAKE THE MONORAIL to Epcot for Food & Wine Festival.
But remember you can walk from the Poly to the T&TTC to save time ;):rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:rolleyes:

You 2 are going to have a blast. I can't believe I am missing you by 1 day!

(Mel I can't get used to seeing "Darren" instead of Not-Bob.) :lmao:

From one chesty gal to another - Amen! Sports of any kind and too much on the upper torso doesn't work.

Smuggling booze???!!!! I read nut-ing! :rolleyes1

Dawn tell me something, do you like doing some planning that does not include the kids???
Is it obvious I'm exited to have Kirt all to myself for once? :lovestruc

Well get a move on, the trip will be here before you know it :rotfl2: Oh and apparently I say scallops the same way you do :thumbsup2
I hope so!!!! :yay::yay:

Jo said:
But remember you can walk from the Poly to the T&TTC to save time ;):rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I'm guessing after the late night Mel has planned for us, and the early morning to meet all of you, I may need an ECV to get around! :lmao:

You guys will have to make sure you stop by and visit my daughter, Jordan! She's a CM on the Disney College Program. PM me & I'll tell you where you can find her. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter