Watching HEA in Fantasyland?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
Can you see the fireworks and light show on the castle from Fantasyland? We will be doing DAH and want to get in a couple FP's before 10:00. I thought we could FP SDMT and Peter Pan and then watch HEA in Fantasyland. I sure do not want to fight the crowds trying to get near Main Street.

One of the reasons MS and the Hub is so crowded anymore for HEA is because the castle projections portion of the show can be seen only from there. Fantasyland is a good second choice if you don’t care about fighting the crowds to see them.

I like watching from (anywhere) behind the castle or in Fantasyland. No, you don’t get the projection part of the show, but I am one who thinks the pyro/fireworks alone are plenty good entertainment. Depending on where you are, you may need to have your head on a swivel. Good audio, low crowds, low stress, no staking out a spot. For those that have seen HEA from the “front” a few times, it’s hard to go wrong back here (in my opinion).

A couple of shots from where we were standing 3/7 for HEA (was a DAH night).

Image_1 2019-03-10_16-51-37.jpeg

And turning around:
Image_1 2019-03-10_16-49-37.jpeg

I like watching from (anywhere) behind the castle or in Fantasyland. No, you don’t get the projection part of the show, but I am one who thinks the pyro/fireworks alone are plenty good entertainment. Depending on where you are, you may need to have your head on a swivel. Good audio, low crowds, low stress, no staking out a spot. For those that have seen HEA from the “front” a few times, it’s hard to go wrong back here (in my opinion).

A couple of shots from where we were standing 3/7 for HEA (was a DAH night).

View attachment 395533

And turning around:
View attachment 395534
Those are pretty good! Thanks for posting. I think that will be good enough for us.

The full experience can only be seen from in front of the castle in our opinion - even the fireworks - but a lesser experience can be seen elsewhere, just isn't worth it to us.

Fireworks viewed from Fantasyland are amazing.
I usually stand somewhere around the entrance to Enchanted Tales with Belle or the BOG restaurant.
While it is true that you don't get to see the projections on the front of the castle, you can't beat the proximity to the fireworks themselves and for those guests who don't like being packed shoulder to shoulder on Main St., it's a great alternative viewing area.

Fireworks viewed from Fantasyland are amazing.
I usually stand somewhere around the entrance to Enchanted Tales with Belle or the BOG restaurant.
While it is true that you don't get to see the projections on the front of the castle, you can't beat the proximity to the fireworks themselves and for those guests who don't like being packed shoulder to shoulder on Main St., it's a great alternative viewing area.
Oh that would be great not being shoulder to shoulder. I hate being in a big packed crowd of people.

I think you're missing the best part if you're just watching the fireworks. The projections on the castle are amazing!
I agree they are amazing! We have seen them the past two years and have video of them so I think we will be alright without them this year. I do love the projections though.

I agree they are amazing! We have seen them the past two years and have video of them so I think we will be alright without them this year. I do love the projections though.

We skipped watching the projections back in September and have no regrets. We usually do the dessert party, but didn't feel like it for that trip.

When we got off 7D they were still going off, so we watched while in line for the Tangled photo. It was so peaceful back there and it feels like you're IN the fireworks. I loved it.

We’re doing 2 MK days on our next trip. Most likely leaving MK early Friday, May 10 to have a late meal at Captain Cook’s, and then watch the fireworks from the Poly beach. I’ve been torn on whether to watch HEA from the hub, or to just watch the fireworks from behind the castle on Wednesday, May 8. It’s an EMH evening, so I’m starting to think behind the castle might be the better option that night.

We’re doing 2 MK days on our next trip. Most likely leaving MK early Friday, May 10 to have a late meal at Captain Cook’s, and then watch the fireworks from the Poly beach. I’ve been torn on whether to watch HEA from the hub, or to just watch the fireworks from behind the castle on Wednesday, May 8. It’s an EMH evening, so I’m starting to think behind the castle might be the better option that night.
I know I stopped trying to watch them from the hub a few years ago. The past 2 years we did the garden view dessert party to avoid trying to find a spot with the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter