Water at restaurants?

Sara_H

999 ghosts with room for 1 more...
Does the non-bottled water at Disney restaurants have the nasty sulfur taste like it does coming out of their bubblers/water fountains? Or is it decent?

Does the non-bottled water at Disney restaurants have the nasty sulfur taste like it does coming out of their bubblers/water fountains? Or is it decent?
Depends.
Some provide filtered water via the soda machines.
Some don't
And even some of the water that comes from the filtered machine is filled with ice that is made with tap water.

Any restaurants that you remember the water being particularly bad and I should avoid?

Any restaurants that you remember the water being particularly bad and I should avoid?
I know Via Napoli and Rose and Crown both served us regular tap water
Honestly, I've quit bothering with water at TS restaurants. I stopped drinking sodas so at Disney I drink beer/wine instead. Like I said, even when it's filtered the ice rarely is. That will funk up the water really fast.
Though as PP has mentioned, Yak and Yeti does have good water.
You can bring a filtered bottle, like a Britta or Bobble. If you feel like carrying it around. They do work to make tap water drinkable.

You can bring a filtered bottle, like a Britta or Bobble. If you feel like carrying it around. They do work to make tap water drinkable.

You can also buy a straw with a built in filter. The one I have for camping says that it will make raw sewage safe to drink with no flavor or odors, so I think it might have a chance of working to remove the nasty taste of the Florida tap water.

You can also buy a straw with a built in filter. The one I have for camping says that it will make raw sewage safe to drink with no flavor or odors, so I think it might have a chance of working to remove the nasty taste of the Florida tap water.
Wow, I don't think I'd have faith in a straw (or anything for that matter) to do that.
I'd try it for FL water though. TFS

Anything in the seven seas lagoon area is ick. When we eat at cp in mk I buy a bottled beverage on the way in. Can't drink anything there. Ick

I've never had a problem with the regular "tap water" at any of the Disney restaurants. They all come out of filtered water supplies, not the same thing as what you might get from a drinking fountain.

I've never had a problem with the regular "tap water" at any of the Disney restaurants. They all come out of filtered water supplies, not the same thing as what you might get from a drinking fountain.
No, they all do not fill the water glasses with filtered water. I am positive of this. Some do but some do not. I wish they did

No, they all do not fill the water glasses with filtered water. I am positive of this. Some do but some do not. I wish they did
I'd be interested to hear which ones don't. All the ones I've been at do have it.

I'd be interested to hear which ones don't. All the ones I've been at do have it.
Last week the following did not have filtered water served to us, unless we purchased bottled water (Via Napoli offered this)
Rose and Crown (restaurant side, not bar side, bar does serve filtered)
Via Napoli
Not a full on restaurant but La Cava did not (we sat inside)

We mostly drink water with our dinner meals and I can't recall any restaurant that tasted of sulpher like the park's water fountains so I guess they are filtered.
When we are at the parks during the mornings and afternoons we carry our own water bottles so I can't really speak on most of the food stops there.

I do not drink sodas and only drink water. I have never had an issue with the water at the table service restaurants (counter service is a different story). But everyone's tastes are different. We start with the tap water first knowing we can order bottled water if we don't like it but we have never needed to.

It happened a couple of times at Captain Cook's that the sodas tasted bad to me, so if the water is from the same source, it may also taste bad, but maybe that was a short-term issue that is fixed by now (I hope). I don't recall any other issues like this at WDW.

It happened a couple of times at Captain Cook's that the sodas tasted bad to me, so if the water is from the same source, it may also taste bad, but maybe that was a short-term issue that is fixed by now (I hope). I don't recall any other issues like this at WDW.
I put it back on the ice a lot of the time.

Last week the following did not have filtered water served to us, unless we purchased bottled water (Via Napoli offered this)
Rose and Crown (restaurant side, not bar side, bar does serve filtered)
Via Napoli
Not a full on restaurant but La Cava did not (we sat inside)
Thanks. I'll be dining in some of those soon.
Oh, and why were you drinking water at La Cava? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter