water bottle filling stations - are they open?

brucelegs03884

Earning My Ears
Our trip is Oct 18 and wondering if they have kept the water bottle filling stations open with the Covid protocols in effect? Just planning a grocery run and if I can just refill a water bottle that would be great.

thanks

We were just there and there are 3 filling stations I know of that are still operating. The one in Cosmic Ray's in MK, the one in Pandora in Animal Kingdom, and the one in front of the restrooms near the bus stops in HS. There are hopefully more but these are ones I have personally seen and/or used.

Following but also....
We always used to go to QS locations and easily get ice water in paper cups. How has the drive toward mobile order only affected this?

In a word, yes. We used both of them in SW:GE. The one closer to Smuggler's Run worked better. They still give you ice water in paper cups - usually off to the side so that you are not in the same line with the people picking up mobile orders

They still give you ice water in paper cups - usually off to the side so that you are not in the same line with the people picking up mobile orders
I was just now reading on another thread that "finding ice water at QS" was "nearly impossible" and there were long lines.
When you said the water could be obtained "off to the side" did you bypass the lines altogther or bypassed the only Mobile Order Pick-Up line but still waited in the non-mobile order line (where people paying cash would be in line to order food)?
I just don't want to come across as butting past others, to ask for water from off to the side. It would be just my luck that an irrate guest would chew me out for it.

I was just now reading on another thread that "finding ice water at QS" was "nearly impossible" and there were long lines.
When you said the water could be obtained "off to the side" did you bypass the lines altogther or bypassed the only Mobile Order Pick-Up line but still waited in the non-mobile order line (where people paying cash would be in line to order food)?
I just don't want to come across as butting past others, to ask for water from off to the side. It would be just my luck that an irrate guest would chew me out for it.
I can only speak for the Pinocchio Village Haus, and we had mobile ordered so we were in the restaurant when we went to get water. We asked and they directed us to the far right end of the counter - no waiting, no problem. They typically won't let you in unless you have a mobile order ready, though the policy is that they still give out ice water so no reason why they wouldn't have a procedure if you aren't getting food. Just ask - I can't imagine why anyone would get mad.

I can only speak for the Pinocchio Village Haus, and we had mobile ordered so we were in the restaurant when we went to get water. We asked and they directed us to the far right end of the counter - no waiting, no problem. They typically won't let you in unless you have a mobile order ready, though the policy is that they still give out ice water so no reason why they wouldn't have a procedure if you aren't getting food. Just ask - I can't imagine why anyone would get mad.
Thanks. It's weird for me asking questions like this because WDW has felt like "home" for so long ..... but so much is is so different now. The more info I can gather about navigating these changes the less of a bother we will be to the CMs and other guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!