Water bottle

Bigdrumnc

Earning My Ears
So I undstand our mugs only work in the resorts and water is free in the theme parks. Is it allowed or better yet practical to take a yeti/rtic type water bottle in the park to refill for each family member?

We always bring a non metal water bottle. My fav was my insulated mist water bottle. We had 4 people so carried 2 . When its just me and my husband we carry 1. You just cant fill it with the free water with the bottle you need to use there cups and transfer it over. Usally ask for 3 cups of ice water at the counter service.

We always bring a non metal water bottle. My fav was my insulated mist water bottle. We had 4 people so carried 2 . When its just me and my husband we carry 1. You just cant fill it with the free water with the bottle you need to use there cups and transfer it over. Usally ask for 3 cups of ice water at the counter service.

Can I ask why non metal? Just because mine is metal and I plan on bringing it for the first time, perhaps you know something I don't! :)

I plan to fill it with crystal light before we leave for day and then add water to it after I finish. It stays sooo cold!

Can I ask why non metal? Just because mine is metal and I plan on bringing it for the first time, perhaps you know something I don't! :)

I plan to fill it with crystal light before we leave for day and then add water to it after I finish. It stays sooo cold!
The weight is the factor. The empty plastic is almost weightless. Metal even empty are decent noticable and in the heat I dont want to carry anything I dont have to .

We each carry a 16oz steel thermos, even the kids. We've always used these bottles so the weight doesn't bother us. We live in Florida and do this all the time. Another family we spend a great deal of time with even carries around MUCH larger metal water bottles.
Just bring which ever water bottles your family likes/uses.

I always carry a water bottle in the parks, regardless of the time of year. They keep me from splurging on expensive drinks in the parks, and when I'm at EPCOT, help offset my adult drinking so that I can still have a fun day. I usually carry a full-size Nalgene, as temperature of my water has never been something that I was particularly concerned with. The size also means I have to wait for refills less frequently. The weight has never bothered me, as I am used to carrying heavy weights around when hiking or at the gym, but this could certainly be a factor for somebody who is unused to carrying a liter or so of liquid around.

In that case, it would make more sense to use a smaller water bottle and refill more often.

We usually end up with a bottle of water each day (either with a meal or bought at the resort) so we refill that for the rest of the day. We never take one from home though.

Ive heard good things about flexible water bottles (essentially pouches). I might try them out for my trip in a few months.

I have a 20oz Bobble Pure - I've been using bobbles for about 8 years and swear by them, the filter is great so you don't get any gross tap water taste. I just switched to the Pure which has a wider opening, so I can fill it with ice at the resort in the morning. Ideally I'd have an insulated bottle with a filter but they're harder to come by, in the meantime the bobble is in the outside pocket of my backpack so I'm not too phased by condensation.
The only thing to note is that you can't take glass in - there are some great double walled insulated glass bottles out there but you won't get it past security.

We bring our double wall bottles, they keep the free ice water nice and icy cold. They won't put it into your container so you have to take the paper cup and dump it in.
Such a shame as it's a waste of paper.

Ive heard good things about flexible water bottles (essentially pouches). I might try them out for my trip in a few months.
We love those for Disney! So light and they take up a lot less space. Ours also have clips that let us attach them to the straps of smaller bags or move them to the outside if we start to run low on space in a bag. Vapur brand is good. We leave them upside down with their tops off at night so they dry well.

i agree with previous posters that i am partial to containers that keep the water icy cold, but my last trip my SO just brought his plastic bottle he brings with him to the gym and he had no complaints.
just as others have said though they won't fill it up for you you will have to transfer water into it. except some food carts/quick service locations will have the large jugs of water outside of the ordering counter..whenever we saw those even if we didn't really need water we would top our containers off!!

except some food carts/quick service locations will have the large jugs of water outside of the ordering counter..whenever we saw those even if we didn't really need water we would top our containers off!!
Careful doing this it is against the rules. Most have signs saying to please use the water cups and to NOT fill up containers.

I will definitely be bringing my water bottle as well as the packets. I use both items daily more so in the warmer months!

We just flew home this morning! Had a great time, no snags at all! We took 4 rtic water bottles for a family of four. Personally it was over kill, not terrible carrying them in back packs, but we would have been fine with just 2. If you ask, ice water cups are every where at the quick service restaurants. We utilized the water cups more than the bottles. The water bottles were nice for the fireworks and waiting in line!

I just posted this in another thread but I LOVED my Brita water bottle when we were in Disney World! We mostly refilled it with ice water (just emptied the cups into it) but it was great if we were thirsty and next to a water fountain. I love my Yeti at home but it's too heavy when I'm already carrying a bunch of other stuff around.

Can you bring your own 32 oz metal bottle filled with ice and water into the parks or dont they let you bring it in already filled? We usually just freeze plastic Evian type of water bottles but with possibly having to forgo our normal afternoon break at the resort this summer we are looking to fill them with ice and water before we go in and have them last day.

Can you bring your own 32 oz metal bottle filled with ice and water into the parks or dont they let you bring it in already filled? We usually just freeze plastic Evian type of water bottles but with possibly having to forgo our normal afternoon break at the resort this summer we are looking to fill them with ice and water before we go in and have them last day.
Yes, you can. I’ve done it many times and refilled with ice water at QS locations. They don’t fill your bottle, but give you cups of ice water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!