Water on DCL

If you have no limit on milk. Milk is free on DCL. I know you don’t want milk all the time but maybe for dinner that way you won’t have to bring water to dinner.

I am so surprised to hear that Disney won't provide you bottled water when they do provide free distilled water for medical conditions. You spoke with the medical people at the cruise line? That policy should change for someone in your situation. At least get in wholesale from them, they buy so much.
The free distilled water they provide is not recommended to be consumed by anyone. Yes, I talked to someone in the special medical request department. His answer was their accommodation is that they let you bring as much water as you want onto the boat and that they let you bring it to the restaurants if you need to for dinner.

Just curious... do you have a sodium limit? I need to limit my sodium intake and am also wondering about the water and the ice cubes in iced tea. Soft drinks are not an issue as I don't drink them. We also have a carry on with wheels to bring water onto the ship.
pre-transplant I was on a sodium limit. I am not anymore, but it is still not recommended that I drink the de-salinated water on the boat. The ice cubes are going to have that same de-salinated water unfortunately.

We usually just shell out a few extra dollars for bottled water to be delivered to the room. It's much less hassle and is worth the extra $.

I am a transplant recipient so the de-salinated water served on cruise ships is not ok for me to drink.

Please do check with your physician to see if Dasani water is okay for you. That is the main bottled brand on the ships. I have heard of more than 1 cardiologist telling their patients to avoid Dasani water due to additives.

I would actually contact Disney with your question. As it is a medical issue, maybe they'll be willing to get you gallons of bottled water or at least charge you less? I've read that they have provided distilled water for CPAP machines at no cost.

Agree!

Spoke with someone at Disney. Unfortunately they do not accommodate for post-transplant patients who are supposed to stay away from the de-salinated water. Guess I will be filling a suitcase with 100+ bottles of water

That surprises me. Can you get a note from your Dr. on his letterhead or written as an Rx that you must not drink desalinated water? I would try sending a Dr's note to Special Services and see where that gets you. Good luck! :cutie:

Spoke with someone at Disney. Unfortunately they do not accommodate for post-transplant patients who are supposed to stay away from the de-salinated water. Guess I will be filling a suitcase with 100+ bottles of water
Depending on the size, bringing on 100+ bottles seems a bit much, unless you're drinking 8 a day even on a 7 night cruise that's only 56 bottles. One Note, checking luggage with bottled water could subject you to confiscation, DCL doesn't want any leakage that could damage other passengers luggage or clothing so you would have to carry on what ever bottled water you want to bring for the cruise, getting a rolling bag would make it easier for sure. But you risk losing your water if you try to check it through with the rest of your luggage.

We rolled on 2 cases of water in a rolling duffel bag for our May cruise. No one said anything. It was a pain keeping up with until our staterooms were ready. That was the only downside.

Even though I'm unsure of the exact reason you must avoid the desalinated water (remaining salt or various particulates), I'm still going to recommend the Grayl Ultralight water filter. It does not work on desalinization but it does remove almost everything else. It allowed me to use the tap water from a rather questionable water system in the Caribbean. It was very easy for my husband to process a gallon of water for us every evening. We plan to use it on our next cruise. I'm hoping it will take care of whatever my issue is with the water on board ship. I'm rather nervous that I have not ordered my usual three cases of water for a week long cruise this September but I'm hopeful.

I would 100% recommend calling DCL. Tell them the situation...get a doctor's note if need be. I would assume they'd try to accommodate you!

Please do check with your physician to see if Dasani water is okay for you. That is the main bottled brand on the ships. I have heard of more than 1 cardiologist telling their patients to avoid Dasani water due to additives.
I avoid Dasani because I just don't enjoy it, but my only restriction is salt content. But thank you.

That surprises me. Can you get a note from your Dr. on his letterhead or written as an Rx that you must not drink desalinated water? I would try sending a Dr's note to Special Services and see where that gets you. Good luck!
I'll try calling again and see if I can speak to someone else who is more accommodating.

Depending on the size, bringing on 100+ bottles seems a bit much, unless you're drinking 8 a day even on a 7 night cruise that's only 56 bottles. One Note, checking luggage with bottled water could subject you to confiscation, DCL doesn't want any leakage that could damage other passengers luggage or clothing so you would have to carry on what ever bottled water you want to bring for the cruise, getting a rolling bag would make it easier for sure. But you risk losing your water if you try to check it through with the rest of your luggage.
I was using a bit of hyperbole saying I would need 100+. But yes, I do drink about 4L of water a day which is 8 500ml bottles. I'm just going to give it its own suitcase then leave it infront of our door once we get on the boat.

Even though I'm unsure of the exact reason you must avoid the desalinated water (remaining salt or various particulates)
it's the excess salt

I'm just going to give it its own suitcase then leave it infront of our door once we get on the boat.

The hallways to the staterooms are roped off until rooms are open. I don't think they will allow you into the hallway to leave your case by the door. That is why people try to make it clear that you will need to carry/roll anything you bring on the ship until about 1:30 when the staterooms are available.

When you called previously was it the main number, or the Special Services department? I don't know if they can offer an accommodation, but your best info will be through the Special Services number: Phone: (407) 566-3602 Fax: (407) 566-3760
Email: SpecialServices@disneycruise.com

Enjoy your cruise!

The hallways to the staterooms are roped off until rooms are open. I don't think they will allow you into the hallway to leave your case by the door. That is why people try to make it clear that you will need to carry/roll anything you bring on the ship until about 1:30 when the staterooms are available.

When you called previously was it the main number, or the Special Services department? I don't know if they can offer an accommodation, but your best info will be through the Special Services number: Phone: (407) 566-3602 Fax: (407) 566-3760

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes. And please mention that it is by Dr's orders that you NEED the bottled water and that you can provide paperwork to prove the same. Keep us posted. :flower3:

Enjoy your cruise!
It was the special services line.

we bought the half case of water last week for our 3 night cruise and it was Evian, not Dasani.

If you get on the ship around 1:30, you should be able to access your room and then leave your heavy bags there. It's only if you want to access the ship earlier that you would have to tote your carry ons around with you. Also, if you use a rolling suitcase, they shouldn't be too onerous. Well, except the carpets make it harder for wheels to move, so make sure whatever suitcase you take has good wheels.

we bought the half case of water last week for our 3 night cruise and it was Evian, not Dasani.
We have purchased bottled water once we are on board on the Fantasy, Wonder, and Magic. In each case, we could specify Dasani (in 20 oz bottles) or Evian (in 500 ml bottles). Same price for either. I avoid Dasani so opt for the Evian even though the bottles are slightly smaller. On an Alaska cruise on the Wonder in 2015, I pre-ordered/prepaid for water which was delivered to our stateroom before we arrived. They had delivered Dasani, so I called Guest Services and they arranged a swap for Evian. Since then, I just buy when we are on the ship so I can avoid the possibility. Prices are the same whether prepaid or on board, with the same 15% autogratuity added to the charge.

Even though I'm unsure of the exact reason you must avoid the desalinated water (remaining salt or various particulates), I'm still going to recommend the Grayl Ultralight water filter. It does not work on desalinization but it does remove almost everything else. It allowed me to use the tap water from a rather questionable water system in the Caribbean. It was very easy for my husband to process a gallon of water for us every evening. We plan to use it on our next cruise. I'm hoping it will take care of whatever my issue is with the water on board ship. I'm rather nervous that I have not ordered my usual three cases of water for a week long cruise this September but I'm hopeful.

If you don’t mind me asking, what issue do you have with the water on the ship?
Was thinking of ordering a case as well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter