Water park advice

spinchy

Galactic Hero
please offer an opinion. I haven’t been to the water parks in many years and don’t remember them too well.

We’ve only got time for one of the water parks on a 3 generation trip and I’d like to know which one is better for the grandparents. I imagine the kids and parents are going to have fun at either one, but does one of the parks offer a better experience for the grandparents who won’t be interested in playing in the water? More shade? Better bars?

Please let me know what you think!

Not sure about food/bars. But Typhoon Lagoon has more shade.

If the grandparents aren't completely opposed to the water, Blizzard Beach has a much calmer wave pool with tubes and a more interesting lazy river. It also has the chairlift they could ride, but would have to walk down the stairs to get back, since they don't allow you to ride down. I think Blizzard's kiddie pool, teenager activity pool, slides and wave pool all have better viewing locations so the grandparents would have an easier time watching the rest of the family have fun. Blizzard also has the mini-golf course right there if that would interest them, if you have the Water Parks and more ticket you can use one of the water park entitlements for a round of golf.

In my opinion, Blizzard Beach has better “rides” and Typhoon Lagoon has better theming! It’s such a gorgeous park, it’s like a tropical getaway but better. Head in at opening and grab a spot in the shade in the sand that surrounds the wave pool. When we were there, we found some offset a bit, so they felt a little more relaxing. Between laying down in a chair in the sand and an occasional dip in the lazy river to refresh, I’d certainly find Typhoon Lagoon enjoyable even without any of the slides or raft rides.

To be fair, I’d believe the above poster that Blizzard Beach is more suitable for onlookers. I remember bleachers or something similar at the bottom of a couple slides. It depends if they’d prefer to stake out a spot and chill all day (maybe with a few drinks) or if they’d have more fun spectating (also with a couple drinks). Both can be fun!

I just remember my impressions of Blizzard Beach being more....concrete and such. Typhoon feels much more organic, natural, and is certainly prettier! If you do go to Typhoon Lagoon, be sure to keep to the right as you enter the park for the first time. There’s a little scenic overlook that looks out over the wave pool and mountain in the background, framed by picturesque tropical plants. You won’t believe you’re in a water park. As much as I love the slides and ridiculous wave pool (and as much as I loved snorkeling with the sharks back when they had that), that overlook is the memory of the water park that stays with me. It’s that moment that Disney Imagineering just does things differently. And Blizzard Beach just never gave me that same reaction.

Totally agree with PP; TL has the magical tropical atmosphere. The only thing I like better at BB is the wave pool; more relaxing than worrying about the kiddos being swept away by ginormous waves, but people do love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!