Water parks on the dis

Theatrehero

Earning My Ears
having only recently finding the dis unplugged on you tube i have become hooked. I love all things Disney but unfortunately live in the UK so don’t get to visit the parks for long periods of time and your videos make me nostalgic and happy as it provides a connection to the parks that i am sorely lacking. I love hearing about the parks and the hotels, all the changes and everything else going on, however your videos never mention the water parks.

Please can you do some videos relating specifically to the waterparks

I think I'd like this too.

I've been to WDW many, many times, but I have never visited either of the water parks. I'm just not interested in spending a day doing water-park sorts of things.

However, I'm sure the parks are nice and that they have some nice Disney-esque touches. I'd love for the DIS to show me around the water parks. Not so much a "review", but just a tour.

having only recently finding the dis unplugged on you tube i have become hooked. I love all things Disney but unfortunately live in the UK so don’t get to visit the parks for long periods of time and your videos make me nostalgic and happy as it provides a connection to the parks that i am sorely lacking. I love hearing about the parks and the hotels, all the changes and everything else going on, however your videos never mention the water parks.

@Theatrehero

http://www.disunplugged.com/2017/11/16/dis-unplugged-podcast-111617-universal-show/
(More of a dining review)

Last edited:
The difficulty in this is trying to film the water parks without getting anyone else in it. When we went to Volcano Bay the only people that were there were media. On a normal day at Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach we have to constantly be concerned about who is inadvertently getting on camera which is a similar problem we have when filming pools on property. Others don’t have those same standards we have but it’s the rules we have in place.

The difficulty in this is trying to film the water parks without getting anyone else in it. When we went to Volcano Bay the only people that were there were media. On a normal day at Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach we have to constantly be concerned about who is inadvertently getting on camera which is a similar problem we have when filming pools on property. Others don’t have those same standards we have but it’s the rules we have in place.

Out of curiosity, can you elaborate on this? People in a public water park give up the same "expectation of privacy" as in the rest of the theme parks. You aren't invading anyone's privacy by filming in a water park or pool area. Unless Disney has some other rule related to this that I'm unaware of...or it's simply a courtesy thing that the DIS has decided upon?

If you like Universal, Craig and I think Ryno went to Volcano Bay.

just an excuse to re-post this GIF

NIuCdBY.gif

Out of curiosity, can you elaborate on this? People in a public water park give up the same "expectation of privacy" as in the rest of the theme parks. You aren't invading anyone's privacy by filming in a water park or pool area. Unless Disney has some other rule related to this that I'm unaware of...or it's simply a courtesy thing that the DIS has decided upon?

Sure, there's no expectation of privacy, but filming people at a pool or water park is kinda creepy.

Sure, there's no expectation of privacy, but filming people at a pool or water park is kinda creepy.

Well, I would assume that the DIS would be filming THEMSELVES and anyone who ends up in the background is just like in any other vlog they do...people simply in the background. It WOULD be creepy if they walked into a water park, fully clothed, and just stood in front of people who were sunbathing or swimming and pointed the camera directly at them...that would be grounds for being asked to leave by security, I imagine. However, what they did at Volcano Bay, as an example, would be completely acceptable, and in fact, other Disney vloggers have done it already. I guess it seems like the DIS crew is simply not that into going to the water parks, and only did VB because of the media event and it being the shiny new park that they wanted to get in on the action of covering, so their site wouldn't be left out.

You probably already subscribe, but TheTimTracker covers waterparks like nobody else in Orlando.

I do see what Craig is saying about filming in the waterparks being strange, and I get why Pete would mandate the team to not film in pool areas.

I completely understand the thing about filming in the parks and trying not to be creepy or invasive.

I just feel that it might be nice to have maybe a best and worst water park attractions or a bit more news about things going on at the parks, even reviews using only photos of the dis crew. I’ve read a lot of reviews on tripadvisor talking about rides being closed or removed completely but haven’t seen any mention of it happening anywhere else.

As someone who can’t get to the parks more than once every 5 years it would be nice to see other places than the parks and resorts be mentioned. As someone replied in this thread maybe even the miniature golf courses or other things off the beaten track that you wouldn’t normally know about.

Side note; thank you Craig for replying, you’ve made my day. You and Pete are my favourite presenters of the dis!

I don't get the "creepy" factor of filming at a water park. I mean you could be really creepy about it, but assuming you aren't following one person or getting in people's faces and just doing wide shots to show the various areas and attractions, I can't see how anyone can object. I'm sure thousands of people take video there every day and post it online. It's a public place. I'm sure the fine print on your ticket says by entering you are giving permission to be photographed or filmed.

We've been to Typhoon Lagoon once. Never been to Blizzard Beach. And we have been to River Country back in the day. We're not much for water parks but the price is the main thing that keeps us away. We're not spending a couple hundred dollars to go swim for 2 or 3 hours. I really wish they had something other than an all-day ticket. If we could pay a reasonable fee to go in for a couple of hours, I would probably do that. It's the same reason we stopped going to DisneyQuest when they switched from the pay-as-you-go model to the flat rate admission fee. We wouldn't be there for more than an hour or two so the flat price was nuts to pay.

I don’t think it’s creepy to film at a water park, but many people are super sensitive about being seen much less filmed in a bathing suit.

Not that it’s illegal, immoral or creepy but it’s probably best not to film people in bathing suits unless you know they are totally okay with it.

One thing I liked the first time I went to a disney water park was that the place was not filled with women who looked like sports illustrated models. I wish more people (women especially) were comfy just being who they are.

I would have been mortified to have been filmed in a bathing suit when I was younger. Now that I am an old lady I’m just glad to still be around. Nobody expects anyone my age (70s) to be a beach babe.

We've been to Typhoon Lagoon once. Never been to Blizzard Beach. And we have been to River Country back in the day. We're not much for water parks but the price is the main thing that keeps us away. We're not spending a couple hundred dollars to go swim for 2 or 3 hours. I really wish they had something other than an all-day ticket. If we could pay a reasonable fee to go in for a couple of hours, I would probably do that. It's the same reason we stopped going to DisneyQuest when they switched from the pay-as-you-go model to the flat rate admission fee. We wouldn't be there for more than an hour or two so the flat price was nuts to pay.

The water park add on to the hopper passes is SUPER cheap. That's why we always go. It's $25 flat rate to add it to any park hopper and you can go as many times as you have ticket days (so a 5 day hopper gets you 5 additional water park entrances that can be used even after your park days are used up). We only spend a couple hours and do that 2-4 times a trip.

The water park add on to the hopper passes is SUPER cheap. That's why we always go. It's $25 flat rate to add it to any park hopper and you can go as many times as you have ticket days (so a 5 day hopper gets you 5 additional water park entrances that can be used even after your park days are used up). We only spend a couple hours and do that 2-4 times a trip.
It isn’t something we’d want to do more than once in a trip. We aren’t big pool/beach people. Sometimes even when we’ve rented a house with a pool for a week we’ve only used it once or twice.

The water park add on to the hopper passes is SUPER Cheap.
I never do park hoppers. I usually do the DVC annual Passholder that does not include the water parks. Last year I did take the premium for the price of gold pass so I have the water park option that I’ve never used.
It isn’t something we’d want to do more than once in a trip. We aren’t big pool/beach people. Sometimes even when we’ve rented a house with a pool for a week we’ve only used it once or twice.
i don’t even do it once a trip. I have non-expiring tickets from 2004 with waterpark admissions. My condo has a pool that I rarely go in. The condo that I used to have for my other home had a pool that I never once set foot in.

Some people (me) are just not beach/pool people. But i might like to see a you tube tour of the water parks just to see what they have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter