Water question

I just get the free water at QS, it comes out of the soft drink machines so it's not tap water. Some places will give you a big ole cup with ice and some will give you a small cup without ice. Some have the cups sitting out and some you have to ask for it. Either way, it's easy, free and you don't have to carry a bottle around with you.

My wife also does not like Dasani. To me its wet and that's all that matters. What she did for our November trip was purchase some cheap BPA-free bottles from Amazon with a screw top. Before the parks she was down in the resort refill station (AoA this time) filling each bottle with the water from there. We both always carried stowable backpacks all trip, so we'd load those bottles into both backpacks. I never heard a complaint from her. I do not recall the location but she even found a water refill station on one of our outings. It may have been at MK. She was happy to top off her bottles there.

My wife also does not like Dasani. To me its wet and that's all that matters. What she did for our November trip was purchase some cheap BPA-free bottles from Amazon with a screw top. Before the parks she was down in the resort refill station (AoA this time) filling each bottle with the water from there. We both always carried stowable backpacks all trip, so we'd load those bottles into both backpacks. I never heard a complaint from her. I do not recall the location but she even found a water refill station on one of our outings. It may have been at MK. She was happy to top off her bottles there.
were her bags heavy with all these water bottles?

I struggled with my water drinking and don't want a repeat on the next trip. I don't like power ade and I don't like dansani and that seemed to be the only water bottle they sell on property. I don't want to drink fl tap water (pls don't judge) and I don't want to take a refillable water bottle and walk around with it all day and try to find a station to refill. Need another idea so I can stay hydrated. The only saving grace for me was buying evian at the epcot france area! I ordered for the room on amazon pantry and carried in one maybe two but needed more during the day.
Fruit is an excellent way to keep hydrated without drinking water. Citrus, grapes, melon, berries, apples. The juicier fruits unlike bananas, are best— although bananas have water content in them too. Bring fruit in your bag, it can be lighter to carry than bottles.

Also, you hydrate your body for the current day - the day before. Meaning, all the water you drink the day/night before is what hydrates your body for the NEXT day. The water you drink today is hydrating your body for tomorrow. So fill up the day before if you have to go light the next day.

Distilled water is actually the best water for your body. FYI. Smart Water tastes good, it’s just so darn expensive.

were her bags heavy with all these water bottles?
Each one is 16 ounces and and stands a little over 8 inches tall. It was no different than carrying 20 ounce Dasani bottles. My stowable backpack had cinchable side pockets made from mesh. Because the bottles were skinny enough, I could put two in one side pocket. There were times at first fill up or just freshly topped off, that you felt the weight of several of theses.

What I saw happening through the trip would she would start the day with 4 of these and by the end of the day, I'd be carrying empties in my backpack and she'd have one or two that was her go-to bottle. She was finding the few refilling stations and would use that. She said there was one she found near Avatar in AK. One near the bathrooms by Test Track at Epcot. One in MK (cannot recall). She said one of her stops into a Skyliner bathroom had a station near it.

I never used the stations myself, as my water was the Dasani as a 'snack' credit.

Edit: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...illable-water-bottle-stations/comment-page-1/

Just returned and refresh2go junior bottles worked for us. It only holds about 12 oz of water, but a two-pack is only $14 on Amazon. The filter worked well and we had no aftertaste whether we got the water offered at QS or we used water fountains. It isn't heavy to carry nor burdensome to refill.

Your parameters for water are kind of interesting. It seems you want convenience more than anything; reach for a bottle of water you enjoy, whether you carry a lot of weight or not. You will have to choose what is most important to you: convenience (and carry disposable water you can tolerate), get water on the go at any QS, or get a filter bottle and remember to fill it up.

We purchased the Evian & Smartwater for the 7 of us on our 8 day trip. We poured them into our Yeti bottles, kept it nice & cold till we needed refills. Pricey but nice tasting!

The smartwater is pretty good. I don't like Dasani either. It tastes like metal.

The Camelbak thing might be something worth looking into. You can pour your bottled water of choice into it.

I use a refillable water bottle. I carry a backpack with me because I have kids...and I probably would even without because I don't like purses. I use a carbeaner (sp?) to attach my water bottle to the side of my bag so I can reach it without stopping.

We have 3 cases (24pk each) Nestle pure life water delivered to the resort for us. We start each day with 6 in the back pack and each carry 1 with us. Yes, the bag is a bit heavy in the am but lightens up pretty quick!

I think it was 7 dollars/case delivered but at 3/bottle WDW prices, it is a big savings!

I struggled with my water drinking and don't want a repeat on the next trip. I don't like power ade and I don't like dansani and that seemed to be the only water bottle they sell on property. I don't want to drink fl tap water (pls don't judge) and I don't want to take a refillable water bottle and walk around with it all day and try to find a station to refill. Need another idea so I can stay hydrated. The only saving grace for me was buying evian at the epcot france area! I ordered for the room on amazon pantry and carried in one maybe two but needed more during the day.
Sounds like you've gone through all the common options -- and have rejected them. For health reasons, you need to stay hydrated, but whatever you choose doesn't have to be your favorite thing. Surely you can suck it up and manage one of these options?

Other thoughts:
- Sounds like you have to choose between convenience and taste. Would you rather carry water bottles or drink a non-preferred beverage?
- Do you find Florida water more palatable if it includes lemon? Maybe carry some of those TruLemon packets?
- What about beverages other than water? Sure, water's better for you than iced tea or soda, but those options are better than becoming dehydrated.

I don't like Dasani either and only drink bottled water. I always have a case shipped from Amazon and waiting for me at the hotel when we arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!