Water question

disneyworldsk

DIS Veteran
I struggled with my water drinking and don't want a repeat on the next trip. I don't like power ade and I don't like dansani and that seemed to be the only water bottle they sell on property. I don't want to drink fl tap water (pls don't judge) and I don't want to take a refillable water bottle and walk around with it all day and try to find a station to refill. Need another idea so I can stay hydrated. The only saving grace for me was buying evian at the epcot france area! I ordered for the room on amazon pantry and carried in one maybe two but needed more during the day.

Order online and carry in more than 2 or plan a break back to your resort to refill? That's the only real answer.

Have you tried a reusable water bottle with a filter? I take a Brita water bottle and refill it at bottle stations and qsrs and find the water tastes fine. I can't distinguish between brand names of bottled water, though, also.

There's a few options. There's hydration packs you can get of varying size that you could just dump multiple bottles of water in before you leave your room. There's also the reusable water bottle with a filter and if it's mostly having to carry around the bottle by hand that's the biggest issue, a water bottle strap will fix that. Even if you just stick with prepackaged bottled water the straps are really convenient.

i saw the smart water but was skeptical about it. does it have added ingredients, etc. If i brought in a small carrying bag and brought my own water from home or amazon pantry delivery, what suggestions on the type of bag that wouldn't be crazy heavy?

i saw the smart water but was skeptical about it. does it have added ingredients, etc. If i brought in a small carrying bag and brought my own water from home or amazon pantry delivery, what suggestions on the type of bag that wouldn't be crazy heavy?
Smartwater is distilled so it’s not going to have the mineral content of evian, which means it’s not going to have that same mineraly/slightly salty taste that evian has, so it’s probably not a good option for you either.

If you are really into hydration, you could always get a Camelbak and fill it with your preferred water.

I’m with you on disliking Dasani, but I like SmartWater, so that might be a good option.

right now i remembered it said distilled on it and i had no clue about drinking distilled as i never had before and knew nothing about it and didn't want to tempt anything different i wasn't used to on vacation. maybe i will research that more but i don't like added salt in my water .

Is it just that you don’t care for the flavor of the Dasani? If that’s the issue, maybe try carrying one of the little bottles of water drops. Several companies make them. That would add enough flavor to your Dasani to cover up any taste you don’t like.

Go to quick service locations and ask for a cup of water -they give them out for free.

Otherwise drink tap, buy water or bring your own water bottle. There's legit no other options.
Unless you want to stop by the Speedway gas station before every venture into the parks to find a different type of water. You're either carrying your own or drinking what's already on property which is only Smartwater and Dasani.

Dansani it says has added sodium . smart water is distilled. I just want regular bottled water. spring water. not sure why it's so hard! haha!poland spring type, etc. not powerade, not distilled, not added salt, not vitamin water. Just water.

do you not like any flavorings? I brought the powder packets at Walmart just cause they were easy to carry, with out bringing your own water I think you are stuck with coke products

I can’t stand Dasani water and I’m allergic to pretty much all the flavor mixes so that’s out too. The water at QS tastes just fine to me; just like the filtered water that I get at home. You can always pour the water into a reusable bottle/cup if you want to save some for later.

I can’t stand Dasani water and I’m allergic to pretty much all the flavor mixes so that’s out too. The water at QS tastes just fine to me; just like the filtered water that I get at home. You can always pour the water into a reusable bottle/cup if you want to save some for later.

I agree the free water does taste better from a QS location vs a fountain. I'm not sure if it's because it's cold, or if it's being filtered better. Or both.

OP, All water has mineral content, unless it's distilled. It's added back into most bottled water brands after it is removed during purification.

Also, do some research before drinking distilled water.

If you are able to buy at a store off property where they have water names besides Dasani, buy 3 or 4 quart bottles of water. Then, depending upon what resort you are staying, refill those waters either in the quick service restaurant at your property and/or in the fitness center. OKW has one of the water refill stations to save plastic bottles. Saratoga has an actual hard wired water dispenser in the fitness room. I get ice from the quick serve restaurants at the resort. Don't fill up from the water dispenser there if you can help it.
Water in the fitness rooms are twice filtered. Excellent water.

I agree the free water does taste better from a QS location vs a fountain. I'm not sure if it's because it's cold, or if it's being filtered better. Or both.

OP, All water has mineral content, unless it's distilled. It's added back into most bottled water brands after it is removed during purification.

Also, do some research before drinking distilled water.
yes, i think i will do that . i know nothing about distilled water and why people drink it and maybe i would like it while on vacation.

If you are able to buy at a store off property where they have water names besides Dasani, buy 3 or 4 quart bottles of water. Then, depending upon what resort you are staying, refill those waters either in the quick service restaurant at your property and/or in the fitness center. OKW has one of the water refill stations to save plastic bottles. Saratoga has an actual hard wired water dispenser in the fitness room. I get ice from the quick serve restaurants at the resort. Don't fill up from the water dispenser there if you can help it.
Water in the fitness rooms are twice filtered. Excellent water.
wow! i did not know this information either....excellent idea.

Just get a be free bottle and refill it at the water fountains. It has a built in filter. If that’s not good enough, then I don’t know what is.

Personally, I’m good with a 1L Smart Water bottle and refilling it at water fountains.

If you are unsure about Smartwater, why no buy some now? Try it, then you'll know.

This seems rather simple - if you want to go with what you 100% know & like, then you'll need to carry it in. Either via a backpack or camel pack or something similar, and only you will know what types of bags would suit your build & frame & how much you can comfortably carry. I'd suggest you try a few out - that's the only way you'll know for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!