Water shoes for Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter?

mrsgthatsme

Mouseketeer
Do you recommend purchasing water shoes to wear on this excursion? We don't have any at this point, so would need to buy them. Just wondering if those familiar with the excursion would say they were worth having! Thanks!

We just wore flip flops for the day and took them off when we needed to go in the water with the dolphins. There's a U-shaped enclosure that you step down into for the encounter. The water isn't that deep once you step down. The landing you stand on is a bit slippery from algae growth, but nothing too bad.

I say you'd be fine without them. If they're something you're used to having, then no harm in getting a pair.

As others have said, there is no need during the encounter. I also do not think there's a need in their beach area. It had nice sand and was not rocky.

It's been a few years since I've done that excursion but I recall being told at the time that we couldn't wear shoes, including water shoes into the water with the dolphins. With that said, they're only $5 a pair at Walmart and worth getting just to see if they may have changed their policy since then, and if nothing else, it's nice to have them to walk around in, even on the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter