• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wating List Question

DISNEYDEVOTEE

Mouseketeer
Just made ressies for October ( a little late due to my mother in
law sitting on the fence!!) Anyway I wanted all my nights at BWV,,
but now I have 2 nights at WLV and then go to BWV for the balance.
I am on the "AUTOMATIC" wait list. Has anyone ever experienced this
type of list? Is it reliable?? For those that are not familiar - This auto
list does not give me the option of keeping my original ressies
(which is fine with me) once my missing day becomes available.

I don't want to check in 2x

Bob

We used automatic confirmation for our stay in HH. The only part I didn't like was not knowing if we got the last day. They mail a confirmation but it is usually a week after. With only two days that you need it should work fine. We were dealing with a week stay. We got confirmations for beginning and end of the week but just last night got the Wed we needed. Have faith in the pixie dust.

We were on the auto list for one day in November, we had two days at BW and 5 at WL, and wanted to exchange one of the WL days for a BW. About two weeks after we went on the list I got a letter in the mail with a confirmation for the third day. The problem now is waiting for November to arrive!

Just went around in circles about this issue with my DH tonight at dinner. We have five days at OKW, followed by two at BWV...but we want all 7 at BWV. We're on automatic confirmation, but I'm nervous about ending up with getting one day at BWV in the middle of the five now at OKW, and having to move several times. I'm thinking we should just try to get the last two days at OKW, and not worry about moving at all. But DH wants to hold out...really wants BWV.

We're already moving on-site from the Portofino, and we hate to move.

It's a dilemma.

BTW...we booked at 9 1/2 months, when we closed on our BWV resale. We've been on the waitlist for almost 3 1/2 months. Nothing yet.

I have talked with a coworker (also a DVC'er) and he feels from experiance that it is easier to add on one day at a time. It worked for me easier also, I was on the wait list at BW for multiple days. I called MS, and found they had two days on the beginning of our stay (had a res at WL) so I took them, and went on the wait list for just the one day, and got that within a week. My friend feels that if you are on a list for several days they won't give them to you until they have them all. But single days appear all the time.

Another example is that when we booked our week, there was no BW available. I called back over a week period, and one day they had one of the days I wanted available. I didn't take it, was waiting for three days together. Called back a few days later, a different day was available., and I didn't take it. Called again and the third day was available, so I could have booked the three day stay in increments. All the while I was on the wait list for those days.

MS just called us yesterday to tell us our waitlist came through for a two bedroom in Decmeber.

I can tell you from calling MS exactly how the wait list works! You see when the resort is sold out for points and you are on the wait list the cancellations go directly to the wait list. It is a waist of time to call them. Your best option is to tell them I will take it night by night and go auto confirm. If you miss the call because ypou are not home and do not return the call you will lose the night. They just revamped the wait list! Be patient and let them work their pixie dust! Be patient and let them work their pixie dust!
:cool:

The waitlist does work. :earsgirl: I promise. Just be sure they have the correct phone number and address!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter