Wax warmers allowed?

xWilliam

Mouseketeer
My wife and I wanted a way to just make our trip a little better and thought about buying a few products from the magic candle company to use in our room this next trip. I figured that it would be common sense not to leave a candle unattended in a hotel room as it would be a major fire hazard to others around me, and I've heard some people are sensitive to oil diffusers, so I figured that electric wax warmers would be the best middleground option. I cant find anything regarding hotel policy on wax warmers or others experiences.

A wax warmer is no different than any other 'plug-in' item and doesn't present a fire hazard the way a candle would. My guess would be that it's okay. It might be a different scenario on a cruise ship, however. They are much stricter on cruises with things like that (for obvious reasons). And I can't respond to a post about Magic Candle without reminding everyone that code DISNEYINFO saves you 15% on your order :) .

I never heard of a wax warmer. But if it is something which lets you release scented oils into the air, I have to say that as someone with allergies, I wouldn't be thrilled to be assigned to the room after you check out. Or maybe even the room next to yours while you are there.

I know other people might use too much perfume or too much aftershave... but it seems like if you are using a wax warmer you are making a conscious decision to fill your room with a scent.

Other guests might not have allergies, but they might not like the scent.

People are probably going to jump all over me for saying this, but that's how I personally feel about it.

I never heard of a wax warmer. But if it is something which lets you release scented oils into the air, I have to say that as someone with allergies, I wouldn't be thrilled to be assigned to the room after you check out. Or maybe even the room next to yours while you are there.

I know other people might use too much perfume or too much aftershave... but it seems like if you are using a wax warmer you are making a conscious decision to fill your room with a scent.

People are probably going to jump all over me for saying this, but that's how I personally feel about it.
I kind of feel the same way. I’d be pretty unpleased if I had to use a room that was full of some candle scent I didn’t like. Which is most of them. I would feel the same way if someone plugged in a Glade Air Freshener.

The rule allows for "normal household use" and I would think that using wax in a wax warmer is just about the textbook definition of normal household use. In fact, it would seem to be safer than even a candle since there is no flame. Enjoy!

The rule allows for "normal household use" and I would think that using wax in a wax warmer is just about the textbook definition of normal household use. In fact, it would seem to be safer than even a candle since there is no flame. Enjoy!
It says "as required for normal household use". Wax warmers are not required for normal household use. I think they mean stuff like furniture polish, aerosol bathroom cleaners, over cleaners and such that Housekeeping is required to use to keep the villas clean.

The issue is not the warmer itself- wax warmers are not a dangerous "fluid, chemical or substance."The prohibition is on the allegedly dangerous substances, in this case-wax.

You are right it is about dangerous substances, cleaners, etc, not wax. I think it is a real stretch to call wax a dangerous item- I would see if DVC prohibit candles for example. If they allow candles, then it would be hard to prohibit wax for a warmer. Even if they did, it is clear that the use in the warmer is safer- no flame- than a candle. I would ask the resort.

The issue is not the warmer itself- wax warmers are not a dangerous "fluid, chemical or substance."The prohibition is on the allegedly dangerous substances, in this case-wax.

You are right it is about dangerous substances, cleaners, etc, not wax. I think it is a real stretch to call wax a dangerous item- I would see if DVC prohibit candles for example. If they allow candles, then it would be hard to prohibit wax for a warmer. Even if they did, it is clear that the use in the warmer is safer- no flame- than a candle. I would ask the resort.
They do prohibit candles.

I've heard candles are definitely prohibited. Since I'm getting mixed opinions and nobody with solid experience, I'll probably just ask the resort or call member services

Totally agree. Wax warmer scents are like any other strong scent in that they get in the soft goods and linger. The smell doesn’t just disappear when you remove the wax warmer. And some scents trigger sinus migraines in me. I would be irritated if I had to switch rooms because someone used a scent that causes me problems.

I've heard candles are definitely prohibited. Since I'm getting mixed opinions and nobody with solid experience, I'll probably just ask the resort or call member services

I think contacting the resort is the best idea. I will add my thought that introducing a potentially strong lingering scent might not be a good idea. I for one am fairly scensitive to certain scents. Others are no issues but floral and a few others will give me a headache very quickly.

I think contacting the resort is the best idea. I will add my thought that introducing a potentially strong lingering scent might not be a good idea. I for one am fairly scensitive to certain scents. Others are no issues but floral and a few others will give me a headache very quickly.

Yeah I totally understand. I get the same way depending on the scent. I figured one wax warmer in the living room area of a two bedroom Villa would be fine, and then I'd probably stop using it on my second to last day and air out the room.

Have you considered buying the Magic Candle Co. room spray or air freshener for use at the hotel and then using the wax at home? I always have a Scentsy travel tin with me to use at hotels, but I wouldn’t really want to travel with the wax or a warmer.

You could just go visit the Basin store at Disney Springs or the GF. Get your scents on there and leave the room as it is.

so you want the next occupant to smell your wax, doesn't sound very neighborly to me.
It would probably be better then a room we had a couple years ago. It smelled like bleach so bad for days. Every time we got back to the room we had to open the doors and let it air out. After 3 days the smell was tolerable.

My wife and I wanted a way to just make our trip a little better and thought about buying a few products from the magic candle company to use in our room this next trip. I figured that it would be common sense not to leave a candle unattended in a hotel room as it would be a major fire hazard to others around me, and I've heard some people are sensitive to oil diffusers, so I figured that electric wax warmers would be the best middleground option. I cant find anything regarding hotel policy on wax warmers or others experiences.
My understanding is that Magic Candle sells candles that smell like specific resorts. So going with the same theory of Buy where you want to Stay how about Reserve where you like the smell??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter