Way Out Here, Eh? - A June 2019 TR *PTR Link Posted

My parents after the ceremony:
Beautiful! Your mom looks soooo happy!

t's a constant battle of wanting to stay up to date on all the new changes but not wanting to make yourself sad seeing all the stuff you're missing. I understand the struggle!
Ugh!!!! And I feel like I am kind of in the down phase right now. Trying to stay out of it.

Oh my gosh! I feel like Morgan was just 11 in your reports. That's crazy! All these DIS kids...practically grown up and not so little anymore.
Right!!! I mean I can't believe how big Evie is! I also feel like Covid stole a year of these kids lives in a way.

Now, as far as the base goes, for a long, long time our trip depended on Alex being allowed to leave. His work did not want to grant him leave and then potentially lose him for an extra two weeks if he popped positive before the flight back. Fortunately, his boss was big on family and because we were going back for a wedding, the trip was allowed. If it was just for a vacation....ehh, I'm not sure it would have been.
Well, I am so glad you guys were able to go. It was def worth it.

Landon will be 10 and Evie 7. Wowza, I hadn't thought about that until just now. Talk about a jump in ages between trips. (In 2019, they were 6 and 3.) We'll go from rider swaps to them being able to go on everything! (Landon already can and Evie just can't do RNRC.)
Hoefully by the time you go, Evie will be old enough to really enjoy the trip. I remember she was still a little unsure of a lot of things. 3 is so little still!

just do a summer one with just us 4 either 22 or 23 (please be 22, please please please lol).

Oh, I hope next summer works out. I'd like to think Florida gets a handle on Delta and starts letting people in but who knows.... :confused3

The Christmas trip will be all of us and you bet I'm holding Matthew to that character photo :rotfl:
We are trying to find out what way his exams will be scheduled as that will take precedence as he's now at the stage that they matter for future university applications

Wowza, I guess he is at that point. I forget how fast kids grow up. :sad:

Thanks for including the photos! So great you were able to be there for your brother's big day!

I was happy I was able to make it to the event. My older brother eloped, so this was my only chance to see a sibling get married.

Beautiful photos from the wedding. Memories that will last.

I already miss visiting with family and the warm, Florida weather! (It's already time to pull out the jeans and sweaters here. Landon was bummed when I told him he's not going to be able to wear shorts the first day of school. :rotfl:)

Been a good option that I should try sometime. Especially with Disney prices getting out of control.

Agreed. I've been wanting to stay at an Epcot resort with my mom for years now, and I think the only way to make that happen is by staying at the Swan/Dolphin.

Beautiful! Your mom looks soooo happy!

She was so ecstatic to have all her kids and grandkids in one place! It was something she'd been talking about for almost a year.

I mean I can't believe how big Evie is! I also feel like Covid stole a year of these kids lives in a way.

Very true.

Hoefully by the time you go, Evie will be old enough to really enjoy the trip. I remember she was still a little unsure of a lot of things. 3 is so little still!

She was. It's funny, because I feel like her personality has evolved so much since then. She's so witty and sharp, and she does not remember disliking Slinky Dog. She swears she had fun on it. :rotfl:

Okay, a year later and I feel like I had about a half a trip report to catch up on here! Well maybe not quite that much, but still, I'd missed a lot of updates!

The longer we sat there, the more animated she became, and it was then I realized something. Something fairly important.

It wasn’t Disney Evie disliked.

It was the crowds.

::yes::

Aaaahhhhhh. This makes sense! I'm actually a bit of an Evie this way, too. Or at least I've become more and more this way the older I get. So insightful of you, and good to know for future so you can tailor her experience a bit to make it as enjoyable as possible.

Landon thrives in social settings, builds off others’ energy. Whereas, Evie needs space and room to hear her own thoughts. How funny that I have two kids and both are exact opposites in that respect.

So funny how it works out that way sometimes! They balance each other out. I feel like Nathan and I are a bit this way, too. Nathan's more of a Landon, and I'm more of an Evie. Both valid, but very different!

One day I want to see how many times I can go on it in one day. (And I better do it in the next few years, because every year that passes, my tolerance for coasters dips further and further. A spry chicken I am not, anymore!)

Amen! :rotfl:

The Villains party was a huge splurge, a very expensive spur of the moment decision, but looking back we are all so glad we did it. All four of us agree it was our favorite part of the trip. In less than fours, we rode a total of 8 rides, took 5 Photopass photos, picked up 2 sodas and 2 bottles of water, ate 1 Mickey ice cream bar, and 1 container of popcorn. It was absolutely fantastic and the After Hours events are now a must do for me.

It sounded fantastic! You managed to fit in so much, and it seemed like the atmosphere really made the night extra special. Sometimes you have to make that big splurge when the value outweighs what you spend.

The party night wiped all four of us out. The kids didn’t wake up until after 9 a.m.; probably the latest they’ve ever slept in their lives!

Wow! :eek: But understandable after such a busy late night.

Evie got a Little Mermaid bag and ended with a Scuttle. She was content with it.

Landon got a Toy Story bag and got Zurg.

He was not content.

:rolleyes:

You were right about the Wishable bags! Mother always knows best. :thumbsup2 In Landon's defence, Zurg is kind of a lame toy of the options he could have had. When I ordered a couple of the Toy Story 4 bags, I got two duplicates of Trixie the dinosaur. Talk about lame! Mystery bags seem fun at the time, but if you open them and the risk doesn't pay off, it's a bit of a let down.

A Mickey shaped sugar cookie!

Like seagulls at the sound of a crisp bag at the beach, the kids stopped their game and flocked over to mooch pieces of cookie.

:lmao:

we put the kids to bed early. After which, Alex snuck down to the ice cream shop in the Shades lobby and bought us two scoop waffle cones.

Dessert tastes best when sneaked behind the kids’ backs.

:rotfl:::yes:: Also this looks so good!

And boy, did it get itself dolled up and wore its best wear for us. The empty walkways, calm waters, and bright sunlight reflecting off all the quiet building was out to impress.

The boardwalk is soo pretty first thing in the morning! I find Disney always looks its best when it's early in the morning and the crowds haven't emerged for the day yet, but the Boardwalk in particular really stands out.

She informed us earlier that morning that she would NOT be talking to the boys.

“I don’t want to meet them.”

“Okay, but what about the princesses?”

“Oh sure, I love them.”

Got it. No boys for Evie.
Can I get that oath in writing until she’s about, oh, eighteen???

:rotfl2:

Had to practice the smolder:

This is so cute! Landon's got quite a smolder! Watch out, princesses!

Both kids are back in brick and mortar school.

We were fortunate to spend most of the school year physically in our schools are well this year.

Landon only has 11 kids in his class, and he has grown used to wearing masks throughout the day.

Nice! I was impressed with how well most students in our schools did with masks, as well. It was mostly the adults who complained or found it difficult. Kids are so adaptable!

Well, it wasn’t easy, but my family did it. Four COVID tests each (five for Alex so he could end his quarantine early), a flight into and out of Miami because of travel restrictions entering the U.S. (which put us four hours south of where we needed to be), a ten day quarantine for the kids and myself upon returning, and masks for fifteen hours straight were a few of the hoops we had to jump through.

Was it worth it?

Oh, you better believe it. ::yes::

Wow! What an ordeal! But so worth it to be with your family and share such an important time with your brother! :love:

It had been over two years since we’d seen the kids’ grandparents and our siblings. I cannot describe how amazing it was to hug my mom and hear my dad call out, “hey girl, welcome home.” My brother took a video of our arrival, and I can’t watch it without crying.

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

So happy you got this chance to be together at a time when everyone probably needed it the most.

Although, I will say that having the balconies at a ninety degree angle caused some curious scenes for Alex and me. Folks forgot that if the shades were open, people had direct views into their room….:poop::rotfl:

Oh dear! :laughing:

I got the peanut butter cold brew coffee:

And oh my goodness, it was amazing! By far, my favorite treat.

That sounds amazing! :cloud9: I had a lot of trouble drinking coffee for the last decade or so. It was solidly in my list of dietary restrictions for quite a while there. But as of late I've been able to reintroduce it without too much trouble. And I looove a good cold brew! This looks extra special. :goodvibes

I so enjoyed catching up on your report! I hope you're able to get back for that family Disney trip before too long. The itch to get back is so real!

Okay, a year later and I feel like I had about a half a trip report to catch up on here! Well maybe not quite that much, but still, I'd missed a lot of updates!
I so enjoyed catching up on your report! I hope you're able to get back for that family Disney trip before too long. The itch to get back is so real!

Hi Meghan! So good to see you back on the boards. I know how tough it to squeeze time in when real life is so busy. Plus, it's a bittersweet experience right now for both of us, with no trip on the horizon. Thanks for the replies, and I hope fall is going well for you!
I meant to mention to you when you wrote on your report but completely forgot, so I'll say it here. Evie goes to speech therapy twice a week at her school, and I'm pretty much convinced all of you speech pathologists (is that the correct term? I apologize if it is not.) are superheroes! Especially with masks nowadays. Seriously, though, that's a tough job, but the work is so necessary and helpful. I admire you all a ton for the aid you bring to those little humans. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!