Ways to countdown for a 3 and 5 year old

ragu

Mouseketeer
I am taking my niece 5 and nephew 3 at the end of Sept to WDW. I need advice on creative ways we can countdown for the trip. We are going to do a tear off calander but I would like to do something really coo. Any advice would be great!!!!\:teeth: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I made a paper chain and our twins took turns ripping off one link each day. Then we would count how many links (days) were left. The first time I did this I went overboard and had the chain for about 90 days-too hard for them to comprehend. The last 2 trips I made the chain about 30-45 links. I would let them hold it between them to see how long it was and they started to get excited when it was so short they could stretch it out by themselves. I always reserve the last link for the car ride to the airport.

We have used the chain links before too.
On our last trip in May we made a Disney train that had the little square cars attached to them that had how many days we had left on them and that days date (In case you may forget one night It was a lot of fun, we started it soooo early that it ran from my one sons room into the hall (Half way there) and then into my other sons room. They got excited to see the train going from one room to the other...which made it easier for them to understand.

Savs

We do this as well. We include the dates as well as the number of days (we also put the day of the week) Then we add things that we know are going to happen between now and our trip. For instance our chain has on February 20th "Daddy leaves for his trip" and on February 26th "Daddy come home from his trip" We also include "boring weekly" things such as "Library Day" and "RE Day" (RE is Sunday School for Unitarian Universalists) and even (my favorite and how mundane can you get) "Garbage goes out tonight" And the last week is full of things like, "Find Suitcases" "Find shoes" "Collect laundry and do it" "PACK!!!" "Get car serviced" and "Don't forget AP's!" :teeth:

:earsgirl:

We took our first trip to Disney last summer and two of our boys were 3 and 5. We made a paper chain too and they took turns each night ripping a link off. What I did though, was write something Disney on each link, like a character name, a ride, a parade, etc... Then when we ripped it off, we would talk about that specific aspect of Disney. It got them really excited and when they got there they knew exactly what they wanted to see and do.

Oh, I want to go back! :D

Have a wonderful time!!

Great Idea I love it :) That way you get them thinking of what they all would like to do.

Another thing we did before our trip was on a certain night each week it was called our Disney Night. We would either rent a Disney movie (some of the older ones we don't have) or watch one of our own and then we would talk about what things they have at Disney that pertain to those characters.

Savs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter