• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wcc....

Suzyq9241

DIS Veteran
Well let me begin by saying... HOW RUDE....

On Wednesday the 23rd of August dh and I had ressies at 5:40pm for dinner...

We took the bus from CSR...
We took the boat to WL...

When we got there the girl or guy (couldn't tell) told us it would be 15 minutes and handed us a pager thingy so we waited...

At 5:40 no call
At 6:15 no call
At 6:30 no call and I went up to the same person and said " Excuse me but did you call (Ha.......on) yet?

Well this person looked around and couldn't find our ticket so this person just picked up any paper in the slot....I was already fumming by this point :furious:

At 7:00 no call went back up and the person said about 10 more minutes

At 7:15 still no call so by this time I said to dh lets go...

Walked up to the counter again and told the person that this was rediculous we had 5:40 ressies and waited all this time for dinner...NO THANK YOU :furious:

We got back on the boat to go back to the bus
We got back on the bus and went back to CSR (love this place).. We met this couple who has ressies at 6:00 and was called at 3 minutes to 6 for there ressie

When we got back I told the CM at the dining area and she contacted the WCC Manager....

The manager tried to talk me to go for breakfast or dinner the next day and I stuck to my guns because I was so mad about this....

So at 9:00pm the Pepper Market was great.. In fact the whole time the Pepper Market was great....

So anyway.. Thursday at 3:30 a knock came upon the door ... It was a fruit basket from the WL....

Nice gesture....

What a drag to have experienced that kind of inattention BUT kuodos to you for the follow through of making your complaint known. And although the basket doesn't make up for the debacle, it was a nice touch as you noted.

Hope the rest of your trip was a magical one! :goodvibes

--penny

I personally would not wait over 30 mins for any adr past our time. Only time I have done this was at Ohanas but boy was it worth it :love: Sorry about your trouble at WCC. I would not have been satisfied with a fruit basket after all that trouble....but at least they made some sort of gesture. :confused3

Suzy,

We were also there on 8/23 for lunch! The place was empty, but it was 20 minutes before we were seated by that same unisex person! He or she was very very nice. I told him or her that some of our party should be punished because they took too long to get to the table. He or she played along. But after that it was all down hill! I'm glad Pepper Market was good. We also had a terrible time at Maya Grill.

Sorry about your bad experience. We ate there 8/22 and it was our least favorite meal of the trip, so you didn't miss out on anything.

And I have to agree with you on Pepper Market -- we ate there 2 times this past trip and LOVED both meals.

tinaluis said:
Sorry about your bad experience. We ate there 8/22 and it was our least favorite meal of the trip, so you didn't miss out on anything. QUOTE]

I have to agree with you fully here!! We actually tried it twice and both times did not like it:(

we ate there 2 last week and it was awful
the food wasnt that good and
doc was our waiter and he was a bore and awful

WAHMto5 said:
tinaluis said:
Sorry about your bad experience. We ate there 8/22 and it was our least favorite meal of the trip, so you didn't miss out on anything. QUOTE]

I have to agree with you fully here!! We actually tried it twice and both times did not like it:(
Really? Our family ate there about 2 weeks ago and it was no doubt our favourite meal, and restaurant of the whole trip!

We had almost the same exact type of delay during our first visit in 1997.
The difference was, that I didn't have priority seating reservations at the time, so the delay was a little easier to swallow.

Nice gesture with the gift basket though.

:earseek:about the unisex person! I sure hope he/she does not read this thread. I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings.

We ate at WCC on Aug 14th. It was our favorite meal. We had never eaten there before and were not sure what to expect but it was fantastic. We had " Senior Dusty Trails" for our waiter. He warmed up to us quickly and we had much of the antics I had heard about.. running the ketchup, pony races, HUGE glasses and tiny glasses, being sent outside to potty, announcing that my friend had had 4 drinks and to stay out of the pool if you see her.. oh.. and adults who did not play along had to do " I'm a little tea pot". Our food was good also. It was not fancy but good. We wanted to eat there later in the week but could not get an ADR. I guess everyone has good and bad nights.. glad we had a good night

We ate there in July and didn't like the food or the service, although thank goodness we didn't wait for the place. I think this restaurant is among the msot overrated in WDW, and we won't be returning there in the future.

It is nice they sent the fruit basket, though, and I admire your perseverance because there's no way we would have waited that long for a seat anywhere!

sorry about your long wait. i would have been fuming too.
I don't believe you missed much either. we ate there once for lunch which was medicore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter