WDAS > Pixar

EdmondD

DIS Veteran
I just saw Cars 3 and, unfortunately, also saw The Good Dinosaur. So yeah, I think I can say this now.

I agree. There was a time when Pixar was king of the animation game for high-quality productions. Now, they are still up there, but Disney Animation Studios has returned to form over the past few years and are really cranking out the best animation in the industry. It's a new Disney Renaissance!

The key to that: John Lasseter was placed in charge of all Disney animation studios, not just Pixar, and the benefits are clear.

For the record, I really liked Cars 3, though The Good Dinosaur was a bit disappointing. Coco does look amazing though!

Last edited:
I think it goes back and forth.

Disney Animation: (1989-1994) Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and Lion King
Pixar: (1995-2010) Toy Story, Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Wall-E, Up, Toy Story 3
Disney Animation: (2010-2017) Tangled, Wreck-It-Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero Six, Zootopia and Moana

However, Pixar did have Inside Out and Finding Dory in the past 2 years. The next few movies coming out for all their animation is Coco, The Incredibles 2 and Wreck it Ralph 2. So if Coco and Incredibles 2 are stellar with Inside Out and Finding Dory, the movies maybe starting to overlap.

I think they're about tied. I can't tell them apart really; I just know if don't see the jumping lamp, it's purely DA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!