WDTC and CRO- experts need HELP here.

DNSDisney

<font color=CC66CC>Got "rehitched" at the Garden G
Ok I did a terrible thing. I wasn't paying attention I guess to whom I was talking to when I called to make ressies. I guess it just didn't dawn on me when they said that the balance would be due 45 days in advance. I recieved my conformation today and .... Ugh... it was from WDTC. How do I go about changing my ressies from WDTC to CRO without losing my deposit? Can it be done? I called twice today and both times the person I talked to told me that WDTC and CRO is one and the same... (yeah accept for their deposit balance due dates, and cancelation policies, unless something has changed)
Please some advice on how to transfer the ressies to CRO!!
Thanks
Sharon
:rolleyes:

Hi Sharon, I just went through the same thing for our trip this May. I tried to get it changed to CRO several times with no luck. The new payment policy is the same even for Disney Club members unless you make a DC reservation ONLY. If you use a code or change to a code to get a better price over a DC discount, the new policy kicks in. It really stinks but I think we all need to get use to it. I was told back in February they are now one, CRO and WDTC. I made my original reservation in Oct. 2002 but when the code came out, I couldn't resist. I guess we have to take the good with the bad. They, WDTC, say the payment policy is in line with other travel agency policies :rolleyes:

Not true! Using a code does not automatically mean WDTC. I have a code rate for June that I booked a mere two weeks ago. I asked for CRO when I called.

Unless the code has expired, call and book a new reservation, then cancel the old one. You may not be able to transfer your deposit, but my experience is that they return them very promptly.

Tar heel I was posting my experiences and what I was told by WDTC. If you can get a code through CRO, that's great. But it will be for room only from what I was told, if you can even get CRO on the phone. All packages are being booked through WDTC, I was told this several times when calling. I couldn't get CRO, my sister did. When she changed to the AXA code, her payment policy changed as did mine to the 45 days before arrival. I called many times in one day and couldn't get switched to or reach CRO. They said they are all one now and can help me with whatever I need.

Sharon, if you cancel your reservation and try to re-book a new one, it doesn't mean you will get CRO but I guess you could try. I didn't want to risk this because all standard rooms were and still are sold out at YC for my dates. Good Luck!

Am I understanding correctly. The CRO terms are no longer available. All balances due in 45 days prior instead of at check in.

Min deposit of $200.00 instead of one night, and a cancellation fee from 6 to 45 days prior to check in at $100.00.

Thanks in advance

Jack

I called just last week and got WDTC and asked to be switched to CRO and the lady told me they could do everything and I booked my room. She then said it was a one night deposit and 45 day cancelation and I asked about CRO being 5 days and she said, "oh, you did mention CRO". So she switched me to 5 days cancellation and balance due at check in. My friend got the exact same thing. Now maybe it is that CRO will only do rooms only and not packages, but that is fine with me. It has always been my experience that packages cost you more than doing everything yourself anyway. But at no time did they mention the balance would be due 45 days out or I would never book. This may be more of the reason attendance may be down more than the war. In todays economy, who wants to pay for a vacation in full that is still a month and a half away? Too much can happen. Just my thought.

They arent' gone according to tar heel, but I couldn't get through to CRO no matter how many times I tried. The new reservation people have even ask me "what is CRO"? duh....Anyway here are the difference's posted at mousesavers.com:
To reserve a "room only" reservation, call the Disney Reservations Center at (407) W-DISNEY and specifically ask to book through the Central Reservations Office (CRO). You generally want to avoid booking your "room only" reservation through the Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC), because "room only" reservations booked through the CRO system offer better terms for cancellation and payment dates. Here is an outline of the differences:

When booking a "room only" reservation through CRO, you are subject to very few restrictions. You pay one night's room rate as a deposit within 14 days of reserving your room. The remainder is due at check-in.You can change or cancel your reservation without penalty up until 5 days prior to check-in.

When booking through WDTC, even a "room only" reservation is considered a "package" and is subject to the rules for packages. You pay a $200 deposit ($100 for Disney Club members) within 14 days of reserving your package. The entire remainder is due 45 days prior to check-in. You have to pay in full right away if you are booking less than 45 days in advance. You can change or cancel your reservation without penalty up until 45 days in advance. From 6 to 44 days in advance, there is a cancellation fee of $100. If you cancel 5 days or less in advance, you pay a $200 penalty. Any changes made 44 days or less prior to arrival that result in a rate change (i.e. applying a discount code, reducing number of days, changing to a differently-priced resort) are subject to a $50 fee. Beware - WDTC usually adds nonrefundable travel insurance to your package by default. If you don't want it, tell them while you are making the reservation. Once you hang up, it's too late.

I was told by a CM (which as we know could or could not be true) that if you book a package, or you book with airfare, or if you're staying 4 nights or more with room only, then you automatically get WDWTC. People who do room only reservations for less than 4 nights get CRO.

I don't know if this is true, but that's what they told me.

Truthfully I think the whole system is still out of whack. Certain CM's will tell people different stories because I don't think these rules are written in stone. It might just depend on who you get on the phone.

The policy for WDTC stinks. I think there needs to be a mass emailing to WDW about getting the old CRO rules back for all occasions. It seemed to have worked for EE.;)

You know how the automated system asks how many nights you wish to stay? I usually enter 1 and that gets me through to CRO. **Sometimes** :rolleyes:

Did you book "room only" (no passes, airfare, etc.) or a "package"? ~:D~

My CRO reservation is for eight nights, two rooms -- so much for the four nights or less! When I called, she did answer WDTC and I said I needed Central Reservations b/c I had to have that cancellation policy. She said she could do that, too, and my confirmation confirms that she could. It also does not mention the code that I booked with.

When I recommended cancelling a WDTC reservation and rebooking with CRO, I meant to do it in this order: book new reservation, wait until your confirmation comes and is correct, then cancel the old one. That's how I always do it when better rates are offered.

I had orginally had room only and was looking to upgrade to GVC room only. Then as we were figuring out the difference between buying room only , purchasing hoppers and a package . there was only a $200. difference with my discounts with more days in the park with the package .

So as of today we are going with the package:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter