WDW 50th season officially start?

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
when will we get news of when WDW 50th celebrations season start ? Will it be a few months before The 50th in October 2021?

Disney likes to milk these things
You make a good point! I thought for sure they would start either start of 2021 or fall, but if they think it would get extra people to start during the low season, I see why they would do that.

Hey Gang,
Is there word out there about when the 50th will begin & will end?
Will it be a year celebration?

Need to start planning.

Thank you in advance

Robin & Angel "D"

I imagine they'll hold off announcing it for a bit until they have a better idea of how much of their various construction projects will be done. They're going to want to put their best foot forward and finish as much as possible in time.

I don't think most people will do too much research and start getting picky about it not being around the actual date. I mean, Mickey's been 90 for quite a while now...

I imagine they'll hold off announcing it for a bit until they have a better idea of how much of their various construction projects will be done. They're going to want to put their best foot forward and finish as much as possible in time.

I don't think most people will do too much research and start getting picky about it not being around the actual date. I mean, Mickey's been 90 for quite a while now...
Yes and no. Much of Epcot won’t be done in time.

When do you think the anniversary celebration starts. I recall (I think) when they had the 25th it started in October the year before and went to March the year after. So there was 18 months anniversary celebratuon

I wish they would hurry up and announce it though. I think waiting until late next year is a bit late, especially considering that DVC planning starts at 11 & 7 months and normal planning starts before 180 days. I think this is what partially hosed them on SWGE, not giving people enough time to plan, even at DLR.

When do you think the anniversary celebration starts. I recall (I think) when they had the 25th it started in October the year before and went to March the year after. So there was 18 months anniversary celebratuon

I expect it to be like 15-18 months (I think the Disneyland 60th was 15 or 16 months, so figuring around that)

I am trying to keep in mind that the following Oct 1st is EPCOT's 40th and I think they will want some celebration around that as well knowing there is some construction there that won't be done for WDW"s 50th

So maybe something like June 2021 thorugh end of August 2022 and then shift focus to EPCOT?

Disney is going as cheap as they can so they will just wait to put up any 50th decorations until they take down the Christmas decorations in late January 2021. This will encourage the bloggers and hardcore Disney people to show up in the off season to be the first ones...which Disney will like.

As far as an end date my guess is it will go until the end of Feb 2022 as Disney will want to milk the celebration during the "slow" season as much as possible to bring in any extra Disney fans a chance to come out just because of the 50th....and there is no financial incentive to have it continue through a second Spring Break season as people will show up anyways.

What are the chances of WDW celebrating their 50th anniversary in Feb / early March 2021, or is that too early to start the celebrations? Personally this is the better time for me to visit WDW that year after doing some homework.

What are the chances of WDW celebrating their 50th anniversary in Feb / early March 2021, or is that too early to start the celebrations? Personally this is the better time for me to visit WDW that year after doing some homework.
You already started a thread asking about when the celebration will start. I have merged you with that existing thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter