WDW Accessible Room Location Thread - UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

clkelley

<font color=purple>I squealed really loud!!<br><fo
I'd like to see a thread where everyone posts their accessible room location at various WDW resorts. That way, we can be more knowledgeable when placing our room requests.

For example, if I want a courtyard view room at All-Star Music in the Jazz section, with a roll-in shower, it would be really helpful to know if there is even that type of room in Jazz.

So I'll start with what we have had so far.

All-Star Sports
Surfs Up - Building 6, 2nd Floor, Courtyard View, Handicapped Accessible with Standard Tub and Grab Bars, King-Sized Bed, it did connect to two doubles.

All-Star Sports
Touchdown - Building 10, 2nd Floor, Parking Lot View, Handicapped Accessible with Roll-In Shower, King-Sized Bed, it did connect to two doubles.

All-Star Movies
Mighty Ducks - Building 2, 1st Floor, Courtyard View, Handicapped Accessible with Standard Tub and Grab Bars, King-Sized Bed, don't recall if connecting

Port Orleans, French Quarter - Building 3, 1st Floor, Standard View, Handicapped Accessible with Standard Tub and Grab Bars, Two Double Beds, connecting room, don't know what bedding in connecting room.

All Stars Music - The one with the The giant maracas - Calypso? We had a room that openned basically onto the pool. Convenient to the food court and as convenient as possible to the parking if you want to be around the pool. Roll-in shower with adjoining rooms - only one bed in the roll-in shower room. Think the Pop Century has double rooms with roll-in.

All-Star Movies - Building 2, 1st Floor, Courtyard View, Handicapped Accessible King-Sized Bed with Walk-In/Roll-In Shower, connecting to two doubles. (Fridge in room not working 09/2004).

All-Star Movies - Building 2, 2nd Floor, Courtyard View, Handicapped Accessible King-Sized Bed with Walk-In/Roll-In Shower, don't know what bedding connecting room.

In Tower Club (12th Floor) in the Contemporary they built an accessible room on the Park-view side right next to the Elevator Lobby about three years ago..

Port Orleans Riverside - first floor of building 14 in Alligator Bayou. 2 double beds and a roll in shower.

Port Orleans Riverside - In the mansion area, I think it was the 3rd floor of the Oak Manor building. 2 double beds and a roll in shower.

We just got back from the Polynesian. Room 1124 has a roll-in shower, two queen beds, and a daybed.

I was told by a CM at the front desk that all the Polynesian's accessible rooms are in the Rapa Nui building, first floor, garden view, on the side that faces into the resort (as opposed to across the hall, where the rooms face the parking lot). Of those rooms, the ones with numbers in the teens have tubs, and those in the 20's have roll-in showers.

I noticed that all doors on one side of the hall have double peepholes, while the ones on the parking lot side don't, so that would seem to confirm what I was told.

BTW, all three entrance doors to the Rapa Nui building open automatically.

Accessible AKL Concierge room!

I can't remember the number but if you stand in the Lobby and look up at the Con. Lounge the room is on the right about 3 doors down.
There were 5 of us in there. Me, DH (has MS) 2 kids and baby in crib.
There were 2 Queen beds.
Luckily DH's ECV could stay out on the landing for charging or we would never have had room. The bathroom is large with Roll-in Shower but there was no more room in there than at POR. If you are in a wheel chair and want to get onto the balcony you'd have to push the door outwards and try and get over a small door frame. Very badly thought out.
If you are in a wheelchair/ECV and want to get in the Elevator you've got to be real quick! You don't know which of the 6 will arrive and if you are facing the wrong way and don't get there in time you'd have to wait for the next one.
As you may have noticed we didn't like AKL. If there is just 2 of you and have a King bed you should be OK.
We also thought Concierge was a waste of money, even with a discount.

All Star Music, Calypso bldg, ground floor..just past the elevators..we had a double room connecting to a king accessible...I'll check OKW when we're there in January

Boardwalk Villas - One Bedroom Villa - Lobby Level overlooking the Leaping Horse Libations Bar and the Pool. Roll-In Shower with movable bench. Standard Hot Tub with Jets :-) King Sized Bed in Bedroom. Fold out Couch in Living Room.

Let's see if we can keep this up so we can make more intelligent room requests to the Special Needs folks!!

Carol

In Tower Club (12th Floor) in the Contemporary they built an accessible room on the Park-view side right next to the Elevator Lobby about three years ago..

All Stars Music - The one with the The giant maracas - Calypso? We had a room that openned basically onto the pool. Convenient to the food court and as convenient as possible to the parking if you want to be around the pool. Roll-in shower with adjoining rooms - only one bed in the roll-in shower room. Think the Pop Century has double rooms with roll-in.

My only complaint with the AllStars music is the parking. Sometimes we had to park way over by the other AllStars (Movies?) and walk a long way. The handicapped spots have been converted to cleaning cart spots. Seems like after 10 pm or so they could move those carts so those of us coming back late could use them.

Port Orleans Riverside - first floor of building 14 in Alligator Bayou. 2 double beds and a roll in shower.

Port Orleans Riverside - In the mansion area, I think it was the 3rd floor of the Oak Manor building. 2 double beds and a roll in shower.

We just got back from the Polynesian. Room 1124 has a roll-in shower, two queen beds, and a daybed.

I was told by a CM at the front desk that all the Polynesian's accessible rooms are in the Rapa Nui building, first floor, garden view, on the side that faces into the resort (as opposed to across the hall, where the rooms face the parking lot). Of those rooms, the ones with numbers in the teens have tubs, and those in the 20's have roll-in showers.

I noticed that all doors on one side of the hall have double peepholes, while the ones on the parking lot side don't, so that would seem to confirm what I was told.

BTW, all three entrance doors to the Rapa Nui building open automatically.

UPDATED and Bumping!!!!

Thanks for everyone's helpful replys!!!!!

Carol

Is anyone familiar with a wc accessable room in at a concierge level? Poly, AKL, whatever?

Accessible AKL Concierge room!

I can't remember the number but if you stand in the Lobby and look up at the Con. Lounge the room is on the right about 3 doors down.
There were 5 of us in there. Me, DH (has MS) 2 kids and baby in crib.
There were 2 Queen beds.
Luckily DH's ECV could stay out on the landing for charging or we would never have had room. The bathroom is large with Roll-in Shower but there was no more room in there than at POR. If you are in a wheel chair and want to get onto the balcony you'd have to push the door outwards and try and get over a small door frame. Very badly thought out.
If you are in a wheelchair/ECV and want to get in the Elevator you've got to be real quick! You don't know which of the 6 will arrive and if you are facing the wrong way and don't get there in time you'd have to wait for the next one.
As you may have noticed we didn't like AKL. If there is just 2 of you and have a King bed you should be OK.
We also thought Concierge was a waste of money, even with a discount.

All Star Music, Calypso bldg, ground floor..just past the elevators..we had a double room connecting to a king accessible...I'll check OKW when we're there in January:)

Good thread idea:)

:sunny:

I have to disagree. I found concierge to be a very nice treat for myself and my girls. They are of course older and that may be the difference. We really enjoyed the wine in the evening and I loved my special desserts. I found the room to be good. We had no lip going out to the balcony and my wheelchair easily went out there.

Hi We have WL Woods view special Needs room. We've asked for view of otter pond because someone told us tht is a good view. We are going next week, anyone know which room to ask for?

Thanks Lene

The rooms with tubs don't have a separate shower area. What they do have is a shower head in the bathtub, so you can choose whether to use the tub for a bath or for a shower.

The accessible rooms are not only on the first floor. In buildings with elevators (which, or course, the delux resorts have), they can be found on any floor.

Both posters could call Special Reservations with your questions.

You should not have to explain why you need a guaranteed accessible room.

My hubby does not absolutely "require" an accessible room, but it does make things easier for him. He is mobile, but long distances require him to use a scooter at WDW. Lifting his knee over the edge of a tub is painful, but not impossible. We always request and receive an accesible room with a walk-in shower and king-sized bed.

I would call special services again and tell them you need an accessible room with grab bars. They should be able to guarantee that.

Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter