WDW and being pregnant

maciec

AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?
I will be 4 months pg when we go to Disney. We are going for 4 days and 5 nights or maybe 5/6 we haven't decided yet. Anyway, can someone give me some advice or a place to get information on how to attack the parks when pg? This is a first for me.

Thanks!

I am not pregnant but I just had to go read that page linked to because I'm nosey. LOL

The trip I made while I was pregnant is still one of my favorites trips to WDW.
That was posted on that page and it's so true!!! Okay so I wasn't pregnant when I went to WDW but I was on my first trip to Disneyland and for some reason I do still have very fond memories of that. I was 8mo pregnant and super scared to ride hardly anything- in fact I think I only rode one ride (that doesn't mean I recommend for you to do that!) but STILL, even with only one ride... I enjoyed myself so much.

Just pace yourself, make sure you plan your days on how you are feeling in your pregnancy (ie: if you have certain foods you like/dislike or if you get munchies a lot bring snacks/etc.. if your back tends to hurt after walking long distances take breaks back to your room/etc) and you will have a blast!!!

If it were me, now, I would only avoid the rides that specifically say not safe for pregnant women- and even if you know the rides from previous experience- use your own judgement. Like the safari at AK for instance... it's listed as one to avoid and I can't for the life of me see why. *shrugs* Just my opinion from only riding it once though. :)

I was 4 months pregnant in 1997 when we took our DS's who were then 5 & 3 on their first trip to WDW. I rode just about everything except the obviously rough rides ( the mountains, TOT, etc.)

The biggest thing to remember is to drink plenty of liquids so that you stay hydrated and to sit down and rest whenever you feel the need.

As long as you listen to your body and don't over-do it, you'll have a great trip!

I toured the parks at 2 mo pregnant and the biggest mistakes I made were not being hydrated enough and overestimating how much I could do. I felt so good it didn't occur to me that my body was already working very hard and the added 'stress' of a busy vacation really put me over the edge. If I toured Disney pregnant again, I'd be SURE to take a mid-day break.

You don't say what time of year you're going and obviously you'll be more aware of the need for water in the summer, but don't forget to drink water frequently even in the cooler months. It will make a big difference.

Congrats, and have a wonderful trip! :)

Thanks everybody for your advice! I very much appreciate it!

I went to Disney 3 different times when I was pregnant and had a great time each time. I rode everything but the big stuff. I did ride Kilama safaries. One problem that I did have was one trip I walked too much and had some "issues" and ended up at Arnold Palmer maternity ward! So definately rest when you need to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter