WDW APs going to DL for first time, how to get 5yo pumped??

cuddlefish

Earning My Ears
Our 5yo has been going to WDW since he was a month old, so it's just not that exciting for him, but I want to get him pumped for Disneyland!

The things that people normally do for first timers won't necessarily cut it. Anyone have any strategies to get a WDW burnout excited for Disneyland??

Cars land with Radiator Springs Racers
Toontown - play around in Mickey’s house, Donald’s boat, eat Clarabelle’s ice cream, etc.
Meet Marvel characters
Redwood creek challenge trail in DCA (very different and fun)
Matterhorn

Cars land with Radiator Springs Racers
Toontown - play around in Mickey’s house, Donald’s boat, eat Clarabelle’s ice cream, etc.
Meet Marvel characters
Redwood creek challenge trail in DCA (very different and fun)
Matterhorn

Thanks!

We are going in a little less than a month and I'm hoping for ideas on how to get him excited about going. I dunno if I should have him watch some Youtube videos or what??

Our most recent trip we had a 6yo girl with us who had never been. We found this video, which she loved, and got her pretty excited to see everything for real. We had the DVD, but it’s on YouTube

And one little boy with us, just loved using the Disneyland app to plan our days. He found there were like 50 places that sell churros, and he was sold.

CARSLAND. So awesome, so unique to DL.
Buzz Lightyear is a lot more fun at DL because the laser guns are on flexible cords rather than stuck in one place.
Toy Story Mania has less intense demand - by going early and using MaxPass, we had no trouble riding 5+ times in a day.
(Buzz and TSM were my son's favorite visiting WDW at age 5, and he loved them even more at DL at age 7)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter