wdw bus at moderates ??

Jsbl24

Earning My Ears
i was wondering which moderate resort has the shortest
bus routes to the major parks, we will be at mk and mgm
the most. also, do the buses ever get stuck in any traffic jams
leaving the parks (particularly the mk after the fireworks).
thanks

My guess is CBR. It's very close to Epcot and MGM, and the bus ride seemed short to MK (I don't pay too much attention to these things). I've stayed at CBR and POR.

The buses face the same traffic as cars at closing. I've never noticed much of a delay.

According to 1999 edition of "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World."

resort name: time-to-MK, time-to-Epcot, time-to-MGM (in minutes)
CBR: 13-40, 12-45, 06-33
CSR: 11-31, 08-28, 07-27
PO : 11-36, 09-33, 09-34

1st time assumes that a bus is at your bus stop ready to go as you get on the bus. 2nd time assumes that the bus just left and you have to wait for the next bus.

IE: CBR to MK --> 13 to 40 minutes

What I think the chart shows is true from our experience, that there is no material difference among the mods on this issue. I would not chose my resort on this basis. Your bus experiences will have a lot more to do with your luck in catching the bus quickly rather than the ride times.

The busses don't really get caught in traffic for any significant amount of time--more common problem at park closing time is that the busses fill up and you have to wait to catch the next one. Of course WDW is aware of this and in my experience they come pretty quickly.

Note that I think that CSR is the only mod with a bus directly to the Boardwalk.

Port Orleans Riverside is a good place to stay when considering the Disney Buses. For Mk
its about a 15 min ride also to Epcot and Downtown Disney is 10-15 mins too. The Studio is
20 mins and AK is the Farest away about 30 mins to get there give or take a few mins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter