• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Celebrations

SorcererMM

Earning My Ears
I have to say that I read the Sentinal article and I think it might be a good idea for WDW to extend the 100 years of magic celebration into 2003. Why not? They will still have plenty of time to get ready for a Mickey's 75th B-day celebration. And don't kid yourself folks, I'm sure all Disney parks will have big plans for that event.

I do think that the 15 month celebrations at WDW will take a break after Mickey's 75th. That's because when 2005 rolls around, it will be all about Disneyland's 50th anniversary. That milestone should be just as important as Walt's 100th birthday.

As far as 100 years goes, I was one of the few people who visited WDW in October. It was my fifth straight year travelling to WDW from California. I found the lack of crowds to be a bit surprising, but I do feel that Disney was right to make a few cutbacks. I arrived there as they were discontinuing the early entry days. They also cut the hours at all of the parks. The only thing that I really did not like was Future World closing at 7PM. I also didn't care to hear castmembers complaining about thier hours being cut.

I was happy to see that they kept all of the new shows and exhibits open. I would have appreciated the "Tapestry of Dreams" parade to be updated more. But after only two years of the "Tapestry of Nations" show, I guess I can understand why they did not do a complete overhaul.

It must be difficult to run a tourist attraction as huge as Walt Disney World. But they do know what they are doing. I wish they could send some of thier executives back to Disney Store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter