WDW Christmas Parties and CLP Cancelled

I have been very patient with this whole thing, but now I am just frustrated and ticked off.

For cancelling my air canada flights, can I just do it on the website or should I call air canada and do it over the phone?

Still going. Looking forward to the smaller crowds. Would never do the Christmas Party anyway.

I have been very patient with this whole thing, but now I am just frustrated and ticked off.
I totally get the frustration but try not to let it get you down to much as all it does is make you more upset in the long run. As for cancelling your flight I would personally call but I always prefer to have immediate confirmation.

I am not planning to go anymore. I had two DVC rental reservations with David’s and I authorized them to re-rent with $3/point as the re-stocking fee. I expected to swallow the loss entirely and surprisingly one of the reservations successfully got re-rented yesterday. Now finger crossing for the other reservation! Then I will have to deal with AM flight cancellation. I also purchased the upgraded magic bands. I hope I can refund them. I have to deal with this one thing at a time. I don’t mind not experiencing Christmas at WDW fully, but the possibility of bringing the virus home is daunting me! So, it’s a no go to me this Christmas.

For cancelling my air canada flights, can I just do it on the website or should I call air canada and do it over the phone?

You can do it yourself on the website very easily and circumvent the hour-long hold time. The agents wouldn’t be doing anything differently anyway. It’s super easy- you just select whether you would like to get an non-expiring travel voucher for the amount, or convert the amount to Aeroplan Miles. It takes a long time for the voucher to be created and sent- up to three months.

I’m sorry that you have to cancel your trip.

Me too! We can do this though. As a human race we’ve survived wars, The Great Depression and more. We will solve this problem too and maybe even come back smarter. Just have to hunker down and get through it. Let’s keep encouraging each other. We do a fine job of it here!
So true. I am pretty adjusted to all of this most of the time lately. Then something out of the blue just makes me stomp my feet for a little while. This too shall pass and there’s far far worse things that I don’t have to deal with.

You can do it yourself on the website very easily and circumvent the hour-long hold time. The agents wouldn’t be doing anything differently anyway. It’s super easy- you just select whether you would like to get an non-expiring travel voucher for the amount, or convert the amount to Aeroplan Miles. It takes a long time for the voucher to be created and sent- up to three months.

I’m sorry that you have to cancel your trip.

Do you know if the amount of the voucher is the total value of your flights? i.e., do they include the cost of all the taxes and fees as well?

So true. I am pretty adjusted to all of this most of the time lately. Then something out of the blue just makes me stomp my feet for a little while. This too shall pass and there’s far far worse things that I don’t have to deal with.

Our "need" for travel is definitely a first-world problem, but it really is my release 1-2 times per year. I also don't do well with the whole "you are not ALLOWED to..." thingy. Makes me feel like child who can't make my own decisions.

Okay, rant over :)

Our "need" for travel is definitely a first-world problem, but it really is my release 1-2 times per year. I also don't do well with the whole "you are not ALLOWED to..." thingy. Makes me feel like child who can't make my own decisions.

Okay, rant over :)
I totally get that. I feel the same way about it. For me its the not having an end date. It would be so much easier if I could just say “I only have to do this for x number of months”. It can seem like it will drag on forever sometimes.

A few nice sunny warm fall days and I'm sure we will all have a slightly more positive view of things. This past week was all grey and overcast in Ottawa, hence my mood.

Still going. Looking forward to the smaller crowds. Would never do the Christmas Party anyway.

I've done it a few times. Honestly, the Christmas Party is getting pretty crowded. I don't care about meeting characters or parades or anything. I just want short ride lineups lol. The After Hours parties are the best for that now, it seems.

A few nice sunny warm fall days and I'm sure we will all have a slightly more positive view of things. This past week was all grey and overcast in Ottawa, hence my mood.

It has been beautiful in Victoria (I'm back living in my hometown of Victoria after 7 years in Ottawa). You guys got an amazing purple sky last night though from what I see on my Ottawa Facebook groups.

Do you know if the amount of the voucher is the total value of your flights? i.e., do they include the cost of all the taxes and fees as well?
Yes. You get every penny “back” that you paid, and the voucher doesn’t expire. It’s fairly generous compared to many other airlines right now, I feel!

Very true. Today was gorgeous. I took the afternoon off homeschooling and we swam all afternoon. My friend came over and we spent the afternoon talking poolside. Then I got two long walks in. Truly beautiful day!

The grey weather this week was tough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter