wdw coffee mugs with scenes

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hello:

A couple of years ago I was able to purchase regular size coffee mugs from the disney store and on a trip to wdw in different giftshops. I can no longer find these in our disney store.

They were different scenes example dumbo the scene wrapped around the whole mug, or snow white with a scene wrapped around. Has anyone seen these anywhere. They were around $9.00 or 10.00. We have not been to the parks for 6 years, so I am wondering if they are still for sale in florida. Thanks,

Deb.

Great, as I said I cannot find them anywhere. We are heading down in April after 6 years, and I LOVE that store, so I will save my loonies to buy the mugs. Thanks,

Deb.

...but I don't know if the ones they sell now are as nice. They have been phasing out the animated scenes mugs and replacing them with more graphical ones. Just didn't want you to get your hopes way up. (And if it turns out I'm wrong, it'll be a nice surprise for you!!)

I have to tell you that I love those mugs, I am presently using them but now I am rethinking this and may put them in my hutch and display them to keep safe. My children would buy them for xmas and any occassion that they needed a gift for me. Thanks again folks,

Deb.

I have a collection of 22 Disney mugs that don't get used and are for display only stacked in the corner 5 high, other two sit atop a Villains and something else which aren't the same scale, on the kitchen counter in the area of the coffee maker. These actually have the movie title on the mug. I bought these in the 1991-1993 or '94 time frame and I have not seen these at either WDW or the Disney Store in ages. Aladdin or Pocohontas, not sure which was last, were the latest additions to this collection. Are these the same ones your talking about?

My wife collects these "movie" mugs and has over 50 of them (with the original boxes in almost all cases)!

Searching for new mugs used to be our first stop when going to the Disney Store. We found ten new ones at WDW on our honeymoon (back in 1996) and had to buy a backpack just to get them home (OK, so maybe I just wanted the backpack :D ).

We have not seen them for quite a while now, but I can't remember exactly when we stopped seeing them. The latest few that she has include Toy Story 2, Tarzan and Fantasia 2000. I know the F2K mug does not have a box, so that may have been the very last one at the store.

I think they have been discontinued and replaced with the graphic prints of characters (as PrincessPoppy has already mentioned).

We always keep our eyes peeled, but I have never yet seen mugs for The Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis or Monsters. Which isn't to say they don't exist, but we always look.

Sorry.

On a related note, does anyone know if a list of all the different "movie" mugs that were/are available exists? I know there were several different mug runs of many of the movies (ie. we've got three different Lion King scenes).

Quackertoo and Jsgimmd.

Yes those are the mugs. I have not been to wdw since 96' we collected them between 90 and 96. Some are alice in wonderland, bambi, peter pan etc. For sure I am going to put them away, in fact I'm going downstairs to find some old mugs to put in my kitchen cupboard and put the wdw ones in my dining room hutch. Thanks everyone.

Debbie.

One other thing I forgot to mention:

The mugs we found at WDW were marked on the bottom as "Made Exclusively for the Walt Disney World Resort" or something like that. That's why we HAD to pick them up when we were there.

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter