WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Ummm...Im not sure how I feel about this - I mean I get it that this makes it more accessible to more folks, but what if someone who is able to get on at 7am and get a boarding group then misses their boarding time because they can't get into the park on time, for whatever reason, then that means a spot on the ride is missed...

There's still the 2pm BG drop to fill in missed spots. Disney also accounts for no-shows by having back-up groups.

Thanks for letting me know about Mariachi Cobre! I first heard them about 25 years ago in their hometown and have loved them since.

I feel horrible for anyone that was furloughed. We have had to do the same to many people during this pandemic due to the loss of income. It's just a fact in today's world until we are past this. My only issue is that I don't see the pandemic ending anytime soon and that people are just going to have to live with it for the next few years. I expect there will be a vaccine that will be as effective as our flu vaccine 50/60%. Most parents will not give the vaccine to their children the first year for sure. And, many others will play a wait and see on the vaccine.

With that said, I do believe most individuals will decide to get back to a semi-normal life come next summer no matter what is going on with the pandemic. I expect that Disney will start hiring back their entertainment middle of 2021 and everything back to normal by the 50th celebration. The 50th will not be as elaborate as planned or we hoped but will be back to a mostly normal setting.
Man, I hope you're right...

so, with the latest round of Layoffs, is the Beauty and the Beast show at Hollywood Studios closed again? That just reopened, right? Or did it?

so, with the latest round of Layoffs, is the Beauty and the Beast show at Hollywood Studios closed again? That just reopened, right? Or did it?
The show is closed, they laid off all the performers, the show had not reopened they had the GF society orchestra performing but they got fired as well

The show is closed, they laid off all the performers, the show had not reopened they had the GF society orchestra performing but they got fired as well

Bummer. Seems like that park really needs some other attractions to help regulate the crowds.

At dhs right now, got bg 3 at 7am from my house, they opened the lot at 9am, temp/bag check and park at 9:15am. Christmas has arrived

Cool! I’ll be trying on Tuesday. So far have heard reports from Jacksonville and Tampa got BG for today.

At dhs right now, got bg 3 at 7am from my house, they opened the lot at 9am, temp/bag check and park at 9:15am. Christmas has arrived
We are here too! We got group 21 this morning. We have done MMRR and MFSR. We were going to do SDD but then decided we will let that line calm down a bit first. We are currently enjoying some starbucks while my son does some virtual school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter