WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

we are planning on making our trip in late April as things stand now; no way to know what the situation will be in 6 weeks. I saw a tip on another thread about putting everything that is in our park bag in a zip lock bag so they won't be touched during screening. will be ordering/packing a big box of ziplock bags.

I was able to secure a few bottles of Purell, hand wipes, as well as Clorox wipes. I have a Delta credit card that allows 1 free back per person, will fill one small suitcase with these items and check it. Had planned to order these items from Amazon Prime and have them delivered to the resort but do not want to chance them being out of stock.

I also found 2 travel size Lysol sprays today..I am going to take that and spray the inside and outside of our backpack. Great idea about putting things in ziplocks—will definitely put our snacks in those.

Thanks for the updates. PLease keep updating.

Question I have, If there are any plans of closures or reduced hours I am guessing they will inform the cast members first before the public?
You would think. It's usually same day announcements on both HUB and the WDW site, that's how it's been for hurricanes

You would think. It's usually same day announcements on both HUB and the WDW site, that's how it's been for hurricanes

Do you think they will shut down? I mean it's never been done before. ALL PARKS and ALL Hotel. Just curious your opinion since your so tightly connected.

I Understand if you dont want to answer.

Do you think they will shut down? I mean it's never been done before. ALL PARKS and ALL Hotel. Just curious your opinion since your so tightly connected.

I Understand if you dont want to answer.
I don't really have any inside knowledge about this, the front of the line CM are just getting same updates everyone else can get through the CDC. I honestly don't see them closing, I mean personally and from what information is out there this is similar to the flu and they've never closed for that. It would have to be a huge pandemic on property, where hundreds of CM are infected and have to stay home, right now if most follow the simple safety procedures it shouldn't get to that. But with it being so new and so many elements unknown there's just no telling.
I can say that if one of the three major parks here close thee others will have no choice but to follow

I don't really have any inside knowledge about this, the front of the line CM are just getting same updates everyone else can get through the CDC. I honestly don't see them closing, I mean personally and from what information is out there this is similar to the flu and they've never closed for that. It would have to be a huge pandemic on property, where hundreds of CM are infected and have to stay home, right now if most follow the simple safety procedures it shouldn't get to that. But with it being so new and so many elements unknown there's just no telling.
I can say that if one of the three major parks here close thee others will have no choice but to follow
Appreciate your insight.

It would make my heart happy if they installed a magical wall of sanitizer on rides like Buzz for the cars to move through after people get off. And at park entrances where it could go off periodically (like produce sprayers at grocery stores) to sanitize the heck out of the finger scanners. :rotfl2:
Most of the sanitizers have a 4-10 minute contact period. That would -really- slow down Buzz.

A product that people can think about.

It is called MICROBAN. It has 24 hour protection on all hard surfaces. Kills and protects against 99.9% for 24 hours.

Something people can use in their hotel rooms. I plan on using it during my 4 day stay in May at AK

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 78
If you need hand sanitizer and your local store is out (all the stores here in Northern California are out of sanitizer), the CDC recommends an alcohol solution with at least 60% alcohol will sanitize your hands. My local store had tons of isopropyl alcohol on the shelves. And if you want to mix aloe vera gel with isopropyl alcohol to make your own sanitizer, just remember the ratio of aloe vera has to be low enough to maintain the minimum 60% alcohol base.

We have some bottles of Walmart isopropyl alcohol that's at 70% and I would avoid trying to mix that--just use it straight. But the Walgreen's one was 91%.

The symptoms are similar to the flu in healthy, younger individuals. However, this virus spreads faster than the flu, and is much more deadly for the older population and people with underlying illnesses. Its rate of hospitalization is also higher. So, I can see why WDW wouldn’t treat this as the would the flu — it’s a different animal.

The symptoms are similar to the flu in healthy, younger individuals. However, this virus spreads faster than the flu, and is much more deadly for the older population and people with underlying illnesses. Its rate of hospitalization is also higher. So, I can see why WDW wouldn’t treat this as the would the flu — it’s a different animal.
to me I think the question would be, if they do close, for how long? this is a brand new virus that people know very little about, if a vaccine is in the works now it will take a year to clear all the hurdles to be available, if there's different cure or a way to treat it, again, it would be months away.
I don't think they;ll close unless it's a wide spread infection on property by CM

to me I think the question would be, if they do close, for how long? this is a brand new virus that people know very little about, if a vaccine is in the works now it will take a year to clear all the hurdles to be available, if there's different cure or a way to treat it, again, it would be months away.
I don't think they;ll close unless it's a wide spread infection on property by CM
I agree and I don’t honestly see there being a wide spread infection since the majority of the people who get this don’t realize they’ve even had it.

I'm a TA (not sure if I can say that in passing or not, so please delete if necessary). While I have no inside knowledge of what the decision-makers are thinking, I can tell you that we have seen no noticeable changes to the amount of people cancelling WDW trips OR in the amount of people booking for future WDW trips. Crowd levels also seem to be anecdotally steady from our clients' reports. We have our own trip planned for first week in April, and we plan to go unless we're told we can't or something drastic changes. Of course, YMMV and everyone is different.

Is it really though? H1N1 was as contagious and had a higher complication rate that COVID 19 over a broader spectrum of the population. This is a respiratory virus that seems to be more problematic in older individuals, but really isn't that different from the many we have seen in the past. The difference is the hype surrounding it, not the hard data.

My guess would be like Disneyland Shanghai, that’s now reportedly reopening with limited hours. (I also just read where Starbucks is reopening 90% of their Chinese stores.) It seems, at least for right now, that the situation is getting under control to some degree in China, as the number of cases there are declining. If the did have to close the US parks - which I hope they don’t! - I would think it would be a similar situation. Shut down large gathering places until the numbers start to go in the right direction. All conjecture, of course...

I mean in the end it's obviously a manner of personal accountability. They can sanitize and spray you with purell all you want but if the individual still doesn't practice safety measures there's really no point. I like seeing that lady take the huge tub of clorox wipes and disinfect the table they were about to use

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!