WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

The only days most of us are pretty sure they increased capacity for was the Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend. Both days were sold out for basically all 4 parks in all 3 buckets, but then they added more spots to all 3 buckets.

When they add to the AP bucket for normal days, most likely they are just adjusting demand from the other buckets.

But, as stated above, Disney hasn’t and never will release their capacity numbers. Never.

Heading to MK tomorrow and driving in. Just verifying that the MK lot is opening 45 mins ahead of park opening?

Can anyone who has recently visited the MK verify if the shops on Mainstreet are remaining open for a short while after the official park closing time? If they are, at what time do the shops close?

TIA for any help!

Can anyone who has recently visited the MK verify if the shops on Mainstreet are remaining open for a short while after the official park closing time? If they are, at what time do the shops close?

TIA for any help!
We were there Fri and the shops on main st were definitely open, with lines to get in at least 30 mins after park close.

I was looking at the park pass availability calendar and I noticed that Hollywood Studios is fully booked for exactly the same days for the "Theme Park Ticket Guest" and "Disney Resort Guest" buckets: October 12 and 15, November 23, 24 and 25. All other dates are fully available on both buckets. It looks more than coincidental that both buckets would "sell out" for the same dates and park. I thought those two buckets were supposed to be separate. Do you think Disney has combined them? If so, does this eliminate one of the last surviving perks of staying at a Disney resort? If the buckets are now combined, there's no park pass advantage to staying at a Disney resort unless you're an annual passholder who's travelling at a time when the park pass calendar for APs is fully booked and the Resort calendar isn't.

If the buckets have not been combined, does anyone know why these dates are so popular that they're sold out in both buckets? I know October 12 is Columbus Day, but the other days of that holiday weekend are available. I know November 23-25 are Thanksgiving week, but the holiday weekend is also available. What's going on?

I was looking at the park pass availability calendar and I noticed that Hollywood Studios is fully booked for exactly the same days for the "Theme Park Ticket Guest" and "Disney Resort Guest" buckets: October 12 and 15, November 23, 24 and 25. All other dates are fully available on both buckets. It looks more than coincidental that both buckets would "sell out" for the same dates and park. I thought those two buckets were supposed to be separate. Do you think Disney has combined them? If so, does this eliminate one of the last surviving perks of staying at a Disney resort? If the buckets are now combined, there's no park pass advantage to staying at a Disney resort unless you're an annual passholder who's travelling at a time when the park pass calendar for APs is fully booked and the Resort calendar isn't.

If the buckets have not been combined, does anyone know why these dates are so popular that they're sold out in both buckets? I know October 12 is Columbus Day, but the other days of that holiday weekend are available. I know November 23-25 are Thanksgiving week, but the holiday weekend is also available. What's going on?
merged you to the operational thread and can tell you that no one will be able to give you an answer

Of course this nothing official. But we had a Management CM tell us yesterday that when the parks first opened in July capacity was 25% and that they have recently upped capacity to 35% and the goal is to have capacity at 50% by December. Of course that is just word from a CM so do with that what you will but I actually believe that. Bc we do think the parks seem much busier than they were originally and as others have stated, when they keep releasing more passholder availability it seems as though they are just creating more and not pulling from another source. The park we were at yesterday HS was down right miserable and no way you can even social distance in that park. It felt the least safe of anything Disney we have experienced so far this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!