WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I have a question about reservation limits. Hoping somebody will know! We're planning a trip the end of October, and I know we can only buy a max of 7 tickets per person right now with our resort reservation. If we wanted to go for an 8th day (to have 2 days for each park), can we buy separate one day tickets? Will it let us reserve an 8th day if we do?

If we wanted to go for an 8th day (to have 2 days for each park), can we buy separate one day tickets? Will it let us reserve an 8th day if we do?
Yes, you can. However I would have to really want that 8th day to pay for a separate 1-day ticket.

Yes, you can. However I would have to really want that 8th day to pay for a separate 1-day ticket.

Thank you. We just tried it out and it did let us! We really, really wanted the 8th day Lol We have been to Disneyland several times, but never Disney World. We can spend 4 days at the 2 California parks easily, so we were stressing out about which park to only see once.

I'm a bit confused on some of the posts that show people getting into the parks before they are open - tell me more. We are driving, but I thought I read somewhere the parking lots opened 45 minutes prior to park opening. Is that correct?

Not sure whether anyone’s learned why Sep 26th 21 was the cut off for park reservations? Just curious...

And I assume it’s hoped they may no longer be needed after this time, although many months to go before a decision needs to be made I suppose!

As our 11 month DVC booking window for next year fast approaches, it just got me wondering...
Currently, tickets are not available after 9/26/21, so there's no need yet for reservations since they require a valid ticket. As for why 9/26/21 is the cutoff for tickets - it lines up with the end of Disney's fiscal year, so my guess is that there are some accounting reasons for choosing that date. As Julie pointed out, it also has the added benefit of giving them time to assess the 50th anniversary situation and make any decisions before opening the floodgates.

Suddenly the week of October 12-16 has no availability for HS. I know that Monday is Columbus day, but surprised that the entire week is booked. Is there any likelihood that there will be additional availability? We were thinking about going after Columbus day, but if we won't be able to visit HS will probably wait until a different time.

Not sure if anyone has had this experience...

My AP expires Oct 20 and I have a GDT resort stay starting Nov 2. DH and I intend to renew closer to that time, but I'm unsure whether I should worry too much since we would theoretically have a "spot" in the resort guest bucket?

I guess what I'm asking is, am I shooting myself in the foot if I wait until end of October to renew and try to get a park reservation for any of those days? Not sure how crowded that first week of November will be. Right now, AP and Resort Guest buckets are all green.

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong but Disney has set park capacity at 30% right now... We usually go to WDW at the least crowded weeks according to different Crowd Calendar websites. So is the current 30% that Disney is allowing comparable to a catagory 3-4 (out of 10) on most crowd calendars - which is our comfort level? Will I notice a difference when we go in a couple of weeks from what we normally experience?
What do you think?

Not sure if anyone has had this experience...

My AP expires Oct 20 and I have a GDT resort stay starting Nov 2. DH and I intend to renew closer to that time, but I'm unsure whether I should worry too much since we would theoretically have a "spot" in the resort guest bucket?

I guess what I'm asking is, am I shooting myself in the foot if I wait until end of October to renew and try to get a park reservation for any of those days? Not sure how crowded that first week of November will be. Right now, AP and Resort Guest buckets are all green.
I know this is speaking from looking at Labor Day availability which was a beast all on its own, so it may not be entirely relevant, but the only thing I would worry about is how they seem to have been redistributing park pass availability 1-2 weeks ahead of time, i.e. pulling from resort bucket to put in AP bucket, which is then immediately snapped up by APs. I would think you're probably safe to wait until beginning of October, but waiting until the end of the month might have the potential for a problem if they redistribute.

I know this is speaking from looking at Labor Day availability which was a beast all on its own, so it may not be entirely relevant, but the only thing I would worry about is how they seem to have been redistributing park pass availability 1-2 weeks ahead of time, i.e. pulling from resort bucket to put in AP bucket, which is then immediately snapped up by APs. I would think you're probably safe to wait until beginning of October, but waiting until the end of the month might have the potential for a problem if they redistribute.
Good point. I may need to push it just in case.

What is going on at DHS the week of Oct. 9, as there is no park reservation availability for the the entire week?

I think I’ve heard 25%, but also heard that this is pure speculation and Disney never put out the capacity limit. Regardless though, we just got back. We typically go every yr around this time, value season 2 - one of the low periods to go. And I’d say that crowds were way lower. But Wait times were about 2/3 normal, which as mentioned are some of the lowest historically. I think around Labor Day it’s typically what up to 6/7 and maybe 4/5 for the thurs before and Tue after? So I think it’s like a 3/4 for weekdays right now and 4/5 for wknds. Reasons why wait times are still higher than purely 25/30% of normal is because of several things that add up to increased wait time:

they are boarding only 2 rows on small world And Pirates for instance, or they might add guests every few vehicles for instance on mermaid or mansion.

social spacing in lines makes people walk through a bit slower, often back tracing when you accidentally get too close to group ahead of you.

hand sanitizer dispensers everywhere has many guests in line stopping for the 5 sec to get some, and holding the line up (as many are getting sanitizer every time).

the longer queues that were made for social distancing forces you to zig zag more.

This is just a few of the reasons wait times are short but longer than you’d think right now.

The day BEFORE we get there and our LAST day :sad: They need to sprinkle a little more pixie dust for our trip next week!

Is the move to reserve a spot for MGM everyday of your trip and then change it accordingly when you know forsure which days you'd like to go there? Or is it risky with how sketch the park reservation system has been for some folks? I'll be there October 23-30 but missed out on an Oga's cantina reservation so if i get it for one day of my trip, i want to make sure i'll be good to attend the park that day.

We hope to be hitting WDW just prior to the Fall Break rush as our is the week prior! We arrive the 6th and leave on the 11th. We were fortunate to get our park reservations for each day at the time we made the DVC reservations in June. We will have to have a special amount of patience on Saturday the 10th for our DHS day...
Like so many Disneyland faithful, we are just happy to be going anywhere. DLR was our initial Fall Break plan (as well as 5 other canceled or rescheduled trips...), but the uncertainties of opening pushed out or next visit to CA until December...(if they open).
Mike

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong but Disney has set park capacity at 30% right now... We usually go to WDW at the least crowded weeks according to different Crowd Calendar websites. So is the current 30% that Disney is allowing comparable to a catagory 3-4 (out of 10) on most crowd calendars - which is our comfort level? Will I notice a difference when we go in a couple of weeks from what we normally experience?
What do you think?
Disney has never or will it ever release numbers, the 30% is guesses from different blogs and sites. The park will not feel the same crowd wise at all because the crowds are spread out in a different manner, without shows it may seem busier at times, the queues will look longer because of social distancing and wait times some times might be longer or shorter depending on group sizes and cleaning cycles.

Suddenly the week of October 12-16 has no availability for HS. I know that Monday is Columbus day, but surprised that the entire week is booked. Is there any likelihood that there will be additional availability? We were thinking about going after Columbus day, but if we won't be able to visit HS will probably wait until a different time.
merged you to the correct thread
Disney is shuffling bucket availability all the time, also people cancel so just check every free time you have

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!