WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I have been reading some posts about attractions being open at DHS before the posted open time of 10am. Does this happen in any other parks?

I have been reading some posts about attractions being open at DHS before the posted open time of 10am. Does this happen in any other parks?
Yes but none of it is guaranteed. The decision to open an attraction is done every morning by that operations team
I've done at mk pp, 7dmt, iasw before opening, at ak I've done ks and fop before opening

Heads up that Dapper Dans appear ri be performing from the trolley as it goes up and down main street, also someone reported from the train station. I'll be there tomorrow and find out for sure

Heads up that Dapper Dans appear ri be performing from the trolley as it goes up and down main street, also someone reported from the train station. I'll be there tomorrow and find out for sure

On Sunday, it was raining and we saw them on the trolley on Main Street. They also performed from the train station balcony at the front of the park.

Last nite I called Disney about my park hopper tickets. I am going after Thanksgiving. The CM recommended to me that I wait to convert as they still hope to get park hopping going. I am not sure they will but I took his advice. He said if I changed the tickets now, I would be locked in to my date whereas the tickets I have now are good thru 9/26/21. He recommended I go to DS guest services when I get here to change them so I was ok with that. Thought this might help folks who are in a similar situation.

Also, he was really nice and gave me some pointers on how to get a RotR boarding pass - turn off wifi, be ready at 10, etc

The day BEFORE we get there and our LAST day :sad: They need to sprinkle a little more pixie dust for our trip next week!
We have felt this way too. We booked our trip a month ago, when waits and park times were very different. I really can't understand why WDW cut hours JUST as crowds increased. That seems counter to their goal of creating safe experiences for guests. If I could cancel, I would. Believe me!

We have felt this way too. We booked our trip a month ago, when waits and park times were very different. I really can't understand why WDW cut hours JUST as crowds increased. That seems counter to their goal of creating safe experiences for guests. If I could cancel, I would. Believe me!
the reasoning from the business side is that they opened with the original set of hours in July, they knew how many people had reservations at hotels, parks and dining. Then the numbers started to spike and there was a huge amount of people cancelling leaving the parks for those few last hours empty, CM doing nothing, toons of money being lost.
So they cut hours and of course the numbers leveled, people started coming again. So now they're playing catch up, where they want to find a good balance between hours and demand
I still find the first hour at any of the parks to be really empty, I have also found several times the last hour at the parks to be very doable

We have a trip planned for early next year. Just wondering how soon do we need to make the park reservations? I don't want to get stuck not getting a park day. But, don't want to buy tickets too far ahead.
Thank you guys!!!

I think it really depends on if you're going during a busy time or around a holiday. I'm going during the week after Christmas, so as soon as we booked flights I grabbed my tickets and park reservations. You can keep checking the park availability calendar and that will give you a really good idea how far out things are booking up.

We have a trip planned for early next year. Just wondering how soon do we need to make the park reservations? I don't want to get stuck not getting a park day. But, don't want to buy tickets too far ahead.
Thank you guys!!!
merged you to the existing thread

the reasoning from the business side is that they opened with the original set of hours in July, they knew how many people had reservations at hotels, parks and dining. Then the numbers started to spike and there was a huge amount of people cancelling leaving the parks for those few last hours empty, CM doing nothing, toons of money being lost.
So they cut hours and of course the numbers leveled, people started coming again. So now they're playing catch up, where they want to find a good balance between hours and demand
I still find the first hour at any of the parks to be really empty, I have also found several times the last hour at the parks to be very doable
LOL, I shouldn't have said "I really can't understand" because, from a business perspective, of course, I can understand. But WDW was really "on" about safety at first, but it seems now that they're making guests less safe. Now, I'm saying this as a person who is coming from a state where mask compliance is very high. We only decided to go when we heard that the parks were "empty." We are locked in now, and I'm trying to stay calm, but I'm frustrated that I'm being caught up in WDW's slow response to the increased crowds.

LOL, I shouldn't have said "I really can't understand" because, from a business perspective, of course, I can understand. But WDW was really "on" about safety at first, but it seems now that they're making guests less safe. Now, I'm saying this as a person who is coming from a state where mask compliance is very high. We only decided to go when we heard that the parks were "empty." We are locked in now, and I'm trying to stay calm, but I'm frustrated that I'm being caught up in WDW's slow response to the increased crowds.
It's definitely dependent on your level of what you think safety is. Even though crowds are larger i have not been in any situation where you can't swerve, cross the street, to get further away from people. And in queues i leave two markers from the person in front and have told people behind me to check their markers as some forget or don't care and they get too close.
I eat at off times whenever possible and never have an issue
So i still feel safe there BUT other people might see the same conditions and feel uncomfortable.
As i stated before, both of my kids work at the theme parks (DHS and Universal/VB) I visit all of them 3 times a week and now also work at a theme park SWO, and none of us have gotten sick or at least symptomatic, it could be luck, could be we've followed the safety policies and use the tools the parks are giving us, or it could be a combo of the 3

Does this mean arrive at 7 am and the parking lot and park open at 7:15? Or is it really 8?!

Does this mean arrive at 7 am and the parking lot and park open at 7:15? Or is it really 8?!
all parking lots open about 45 minutes before park official opening time, they let you line up at the toll plaza about an hour before

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter