WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I’ve read a number of reports here of people booking resort packages including tickets for the time they want to go, paying the $200 deposit and booking the park passes they want. After they renew their APs, they can cancel the resort package, get their $200 back, and keep the park pass reservations. That only works, of course, if they can renew their AP before the deadline to cancel the package without penalty.

Wondering how early people think MK and the other parks will fill to capacity on the reservation system for October 21’ 50th?

I’ve read a number of reports here of people booking resort packages including tickets for the time they want to go, paying the $200 deposit and booking the park passes they want. After they renew their APs, they can cancel the resort package, get their $200 back, and keep the park pass reservations. That only works, of course, if they can renew their AP before the deadline to cancel the package without penalty.
and you don't lose a park reservation if you do this?

unsure if this is the thread to post--but has anyone noticed that there is not a lot of availability AT ALL for december 2021---part of me almost though Disney hasn't released all of the resorts for pricing.
and the calendar doesn't have any dates yellowed/greyed out.

i'm looking right before christmas and am super shocked

I just booked a package vacation for October 21' and they had the park hopper option available to purchase, but you can't make a reservation for two or more parks yet. I wonder if they will still use the park reservation system for those of us that have purchased a park hopper?

I just booked a package vacation for October 21' and they had the park hopper option available to purchase, but you can't make a reservation for two or more parks yet. I wonder if they will still use the park reservation system for those of us that have purchased a park hopper?
Park Hopper has been available for all of 2021 since packages were released in June. If it's not available at the time of travel, you should expect a refund.

My understanding is that guests with an AP can only book 3 park days. If you cancel the package that includes tickets I would anticipate the number of park days you can make reservations for decreasing to 3 and that's only if you don't have any other park days booked between now and then. Also, a package reservation can be cancelled (normally) until 30 days prior to arrival so unless you need the $200 deposit, you have until 30 days prior to your arrival to cancel your package. Right now the cancellation time is even closer to arrival date.
and you don't lose a park reservation if you do this?
I'm pretty sure you would lose all but 3 of the park reservation days.

I'm sure someone here or on an AP thread would have better information about this.

My understanding is that guests with an AP can only book 3 park days. If you cancel the package that includes tickets I would anticipate the number of park days you can make reservations for decreasing to 3 and that's only if you don't have any other park days booked between now and then. Also, a package reservation can be cancelled (normally) until 30 days prior to arrival so unless you need the $200 deposit, you have until 30 days prior to your arrival to cancel your package. Right now the cancellation time is even closer to arrival date.

I'm pretty sure you would lose all but 3 of the park reservation days.

I'm sure someone here or on an AP thread would have better information about this.
I would have a DVC reservation already, so I would still have a hotel reservation.

I would have a DVC reservation already, so I would still have a hotel reservation.
My understanding is that you mentioned cancelling your package that has the tickets attached. If you do that then the only reservations you can get are the ones APs can get and I think that is only 3 days.

Your park reservations *should* remain on your account. I had a ticket/resort package with park reservations, and I canceled it because I got a Hotwire deal for the resort, and the park reservations remained on my account while I went through the process of purchasing my ticket and eventually getting my new resort reservation linked.

We're staying at CBR and my mom will be on a scooter, so these nightmare mornings to get on Skyliner and to DHS are making me a bit nervous. It's also just making me feel like not rushing to get there.
Today I lined up at the Pop skyliner at 7 am. I was 3rd in line. It starts running at 835, and we were in the front of the line at HS when it opened at 9. I know folks may not want to line up 3 hours before the park opens, but it can be done. I won't drive and can't walk, so this is my choice. It's worked for me twice. I have been on MMRR and then found a quiet bench to get a BG each time.

I'm a little late to the game - going next week and have all my park reservations/ADRs, etc., but haven't been on this forum in a while. What time would you recommend getting to each park in the morning to be at the front of the pack - especially since it seems like a while before opening according to @teach22180 's post above? Have some attractions been operating consistently before park opening (I saw TT was at Epcot most days)? I'll be staying at Poly Villas and Boardwalk Villas.

I doubt they will allow reservations for 2 parks on the same day, at least at first. It will take away too much availability with limited capacity. My guess is it will be same day for the second park.

As of right now, park reservations are in place until the end of 2021. It's likely they will extend beyond that also based on rumours.

Park Hoppers have been able to be purchased for tickets starting Jan 1, 2021 but so far park hopping has not been reintroduced. When it is we're not sure how it will happen. I added PH to my Sep 2021 tickets. If it's not available by then I'll request a refund for that portion of my ticket.

As of right now, park reservations are in place until the end of 2021. It's likely they will extend beyond that also based on rumours.

Park Hoppers have been able to be purchased for tickets starting Jan 1, 2021 but so far park hopping has not been reintroduced. When it is we're not sure how it will happen. I added PH to my Sep 2021 tickets. If it's not available by then I'll request a refund for that portion of my ticket.
Park reservations are actually available through Jan 14 2022 as of now

I doubt they will allow reservations for 2 parks on the same day, at least at first. It will take away too much availability with limited capacity. My guess is it will be same day for the second park.

I am thinking the same thing. I could see them easing back into hopping where on the day of, you would be able to reserve a park to hop to IF they have availability.

My understanding is that you mentioned cancelling your package that has the tickets attached. If you do that then the only reservations you can get are the ones APs can get and I think that is only 3 days.
APs can make park reservations for all days for which they have resort reservations (out of the Resort Guests bucket), plus three days for which they do not have resort reservations (out of the Annual Passholder bucket), subject to availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts