WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I'm a bit confused on some of the posts that show people getting into the parks before they are open - tell me more. We are driving, but I thought I read somewhere the parking lots opened 45 minutes prior to park opening. Is that correct?
merged you to the right thread
yes, parking lots open 45 min before posted park opening times. At that time the parks basically open to avoid having people waiting at the tapstiles. Even though the parks open earlier the attractions don't necessarily do, it is up to the operations team at each attraction to open it early or not

Hoping you guys can answer another question for me! Right now we have reservations set for our hotel, park days and dining. We were thinking about switching to a different hotel, but it might require cancelling our current room/ticket package and rebooking. I’m pretty sure that would mean we would have to reserve our park days again (which would be okay right now, those days are still available). But, would it mean our dining reservations would also be canceled? I’m worried about not being able to rebook those specific ones.

Having spent hours on the phone with this issue yesterday - yes you will have to rebook your park reservations, if you are moving off property. Dining reservations will remain.

merged you to the correct thread
Disney is shuffling bucket availability all the time, also people cancel so just check every free time you have

I'm curious if they pause availability to drive people to book other parks. I had noticed that DHS was fully booked for 10/11-16, so I bought our tickets and booked the 10th 2 nights ago. Right after I did, the 9th and 10th suddenly showed as not available for DHS. I know that nobody knows anything and I'm not looking for an answer, it just seemed odd that those 2 dates turned yellow at the exact same time.

I have an AP voucher that I will not be activating this year; it is attached to my MDE account. (I have never had an AP in past)

We have a fall trip planned and the system keeps accessing that voucher as my ticket, so it will not allow me to make park reservation for all our days. I was able to add a guest into my travel party under my nickname, and I reassigned this trip's ticket to my nickname. I had no trouble making reservations after swapping my ticket for this guest profile. I planned to put the ticket on a card when rather rather than my magic band.

Then I realized, that will cause boarding pass issues when we go to DHS since our MDE account is under my real name.

Between my two names, I have one park reservation for each day. Should I just wait till we arrive to try and sort this out, since an employee could swap my nickname park reservations to my real name and my ticket card.

(I can't reassign the AP voucher to the nickname profile.)

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this question. Not really sure where to put it.

Are the parks using fingerprint scanners at entrance and is this adding significant time to get in the park (cleaning between guests)?

Slightly different topic :
i cant find it but I thought I read that at HS has a new security system where you walk through and don't have a bag check ?

Last edited:
and is this adding significant time to get in the park ?

Slightly different topic :
i cant find it but I thought I read that at HS has a new security system where you walk through and don't have a bag check ?
Yes they have a walk through scanner.. they wont let anyone film it but Tim tracker showed it from a far.

I have an AP voucher that I will not be activating this year; it is attached to my MDE account. (I have never had an AP in past)

We have a fall trip planned and the system keeps accessing that voucher as my ticket, so it will not allow me to make park reservation for all our days. I was able to add a guest into my travel party under my nickname, and I reassigned this trip's ticket to my nickname. I had no trouble making reservations after swapping my ticket for this guest profile. I planned to put the ticket on a card when rather rather than my magic band.

Then I realized, that will cause boarding pass issues when we go to DHS since our MDE account is under my real name.

Between my two names, I have one park reservation for each day. Should I just wait till we arrive to try and sort this out, since an employee could swap my nickname park reservations to my real name and my ticket card.

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this question. Not really sure where to put it.
Have you tried calling and having them fix it for you?

Plus if people see 1 day is at capacity, they hurry up and reserve another, so the surrounding days fill up faster as a result.

I noticed that as well and assumed there was a conference or tournament of some sort going on. The reservation patterns have definitely proved to be quite interesting thus far since reopening...

I'm a bit confused on some of the posts that show people getting into the parks before they are open - tell me more. We are driving, but I thought I read somewhere the parking lots opened 45 minutes prior to park opening. Is that correct?
Yes, parking lots open 30-60 mins before the parks - you go right into the park.

IN AK - only Pandora rides open before 9. (We learned that today 😜)

Plus if people see 1 day is at capacity, they hurry up and reserve another, so the surrounding days fill up faster as a result.

This is 100% true. I want DHS for the 11th or 12th but ultimately booked the 10th (our arrival day) before it filled up as an absolute last choice. They added more passes to Labor Day week so I'm hopeful I can switch my day.

I am also having problems with the not knowing which of my various tickets the system is picking up for each park day I reserve. I have several one day comp passes (I am a CM), my main entrance pass, and a 4 day hopper. When I tried to reassign a comp pass (this is allowed on MDE) it said all 3 comps had FastPasses (which means park passes). Yet I was only using 2 out of the 3 this trip. I had to call to get one comp pass reassigned to my son (we use comps for Studios). My son also has a few different passes and I am not sure how it is prioritized. (I asked on the phone call for the correct order) but still anticipate problems, because I have no way to look myself and see which park ticket the system associated with which park day. And if I ask them to use a different ticket, that ticket won't have a park pass associated with it.

When I have a ticket question I go to the first thread on the sticky up top.

So what I would have done is to make the 'extra' profile and assign the AP voucher to that. Then just go ahead and book everything with your 'real' profile, with the ticket you want to use attached to that. You can probably still fix it but you might mess things up worse so I would call Disney IT department and have them sort it out for you.

And I would do it now so that you don't start your vacation all stressed out.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts