WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I was just watching a vlog and the person doing it was saying that the parks are getting busier and the parks are a lot more crowded. I was kind of hoping it wouldn't get too crowded for when we go but looks like that may not be the case. What I'm wondering is when they will start doing fast passes again. Some of the wait times have been pretty long. I really don't wanna wait an hour for rides and not be able to get a fast past. What do you think? Will they do fast passes any time soon?

Do you know if there is a time period to cancel one park and charge it to another park or move it to the another day? Like if the weather didn't look good if I can cancel same day?

Thanks

I was just watching a vlog and the person doing it was saying that the parks are getting busier and the parks are a lot more crowded. I was kind of hoping it wouldn't get too crowded for when we go but looks like that may not be the case. What I'm wondering is when they will start doing fast passes again. Some of the wait times have been pretty long. I really don't wanna wait an hour for rides and not be able to get a fast past. What do you think? Will they do fast passes any time soon?
No one knows. But when they do the fp thread stickied will reopen :)

Good morning! Question for you all in case anyone knows: If a day's reservations are full, does Disney ever decide to open up new slots for park pass reservations throughout the day? And if so, is there a specific time of day?

(I know they sometimes used to do this with FastPass. As an example, if you logged on to my Disney experience the day of your trip at certain times, there would be new Flight of Passage FastPasses that previously weren't available.)

Thanks for your help! :)

It looks like a few of the park hours have been extended in September. AK is now 9-6 on 9/20 and 9/26. Epcot is 11-8 on 9/26.

So I just lost my Epcot Park reservation when trying to switch to Animal Kingdom. In order to switch you have cancel first to even see what else is available. This is a huge problem. I lost my reservation and no parks have any availability. They need to show this information so people can plan accordingly. This really stinks since we had very few days to go to the parks and now we are locked out. Boo Disney YOu are making a hater out of a lifelong fan.

So I just lost my Epcot Park reservation when trying to switch to Animal Kingdom. In order to switch you have cancel first to even see what else is available. This is a huge problem. I lost my reservation and no parks have any availability. They need to show this information so people can plan accordingly. This really stinks since we had very few days to go to the parks and now we are locked out. Boo Disney YOu are making a hater out of a lifelong fan.
Merged you to the existing reservation system thread
It is a real problem, i hope they fix this soon

wow, that's frustrating. did you happen to check the park availability page first? https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/a...ort,passholder,tickets&defaultSegment=tickets

I know it's different than actually reserving but it should help to identify before cancelling if they have passes available.

Not sure whether anyone’s learned why Sep 26th 21 was the cut off for park reservations? Just curious...

And I assume it’s hoped they may no longer be needed after this time, although many months to go before a decision needs to be made I suppose!

As our 11 month DVC booking window for next year fast approaches, it just got me wondering...

One cannot book a resort on line after 9/26/21 either.

I have no knowledge of why. But I assume that when Disney opens the on-line booking window they will open park reservations.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if park hopping and no park reservations happen when they open up this window?

That’s interesting, hadn’t realised resort reservations didn’t go beyond then at the moment either.

Not sure whether anyone’s learned why Sep 26th 21 was the cut off for park reservations? Just curious...

And I assume it’s hoped they may no longer be needed after this time, although many months to go before a decision needs to be made I suppose!

As our 11 month DVC booking window for next year fast approaches, it just got me wondering...
Merged you to the reservation system thread.
The consensus is they're waiting to finalize 50th anniversary festivities before opening the rest of the year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!