WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

While we've definitely been saying it, I don’t think Disney had it as part of their official language. Glad to see the updated official language.
While we've definitely been saying it, I don’t think Disney had it as part of their official language. Glad to see the updated official language.
I know they updated it, to me it's just funny cause we've been saying it for months now and some get angry when we do

So after much waiting we’ve finally been able to book our 50th anniversary celebration reservation for November 2021 and will book our park reservations as well. Obviously I’m hoping things will be have returned to some normalcy and park hopping will be back, but if not does anyone know if when you have a park reservation for the day can you leave that park and then come back later to the same park or do you give up your “spot“ by exiting?

I feel like this has likely been asked a million times so sorry about that if so!

No problem, we took a break at DHS last Saturday and rode the Skyliner to Riviera and returned DHS. In fact, there was no crowd or issues with the return, unlike the cluster that was the morning entry. Had an amazing day, but wow the morning entry was bad even for prepared, seasoned vets.

So after much waiting we’ve finally been able to book our 50th anniversary celebration reservation for November 2021 and will book our park reservations as well. Obviously I’m hoping things will be have returned to some normalcy and park hopping will be back, but if not does anyone know if when you have a park reservation for the day can you leave that park and then come back later to the same park or do you give up your “spot“ by exiting?

I feel like this has likely been asked a million times so sorry about that if so!

We booked for Thanksgiving Week 2021 and bought the park hopper just in case things change.

OK, so I've made ressies for a past trip (September) and have them for upcoming trips (Dec and January). AP expires the end of January. I now booked a room for Oct and December 2021, but can't make park reservations because it says I've exceeded the amount of reservations. (note, I usually do three park days per trip). Am I getting this message because my AP expires the end of January? I have valid resort reservations for Oct and December 2021. Just a little confused. Would appreciate guidance. Thanks.....

Ugh. I won't renew until I get there in January as I will be paying with two separate gift cards and Disney Visa rewards.....

I had the same issue. My AP expires in August, and I was trying to book park reservations for November 2021. I ended up buying tickets for all of my days. I will try to use that ticket toward the cost of my AP renewal. If they don't allow that, I have read where they were just giving some people Disney gift cards for the value of the tickets. The tickets always keep the dollar value that you paid for them. It's not ideal, but my husband and son's APs are unactivated, and I was able to make reservations for them. I didn't want to get hosed and not get the same days.

No problem, we took a break at DHS last Saturday and rode the Skyliner to Riviera and returned DHS. In fact, there was no crowd or issues with the return, unlike the cluster that was the morning entry. Had an amazing day, but wow the morning entry was bad even for prepared, seasoned vets.

We're staying at CBR and my mom will be on a scooter, so these nightmare mornings to get on Skyliner and to DHS are making me a bit nervous. It's also just making me feel like not rushing to get there.

Weekly reminder that covid numbers don't belong in this thread. This one is to discuss what Disney is doing operationally.
Each time covid numbers or what the rest of the country is doing is being discussed, the thread goes sideways fast
There are some threads in the community board to discuss those topics

You can't make any reservations for your October and December stays if there aren't any tickets or pass valid for those dates.

Has anyone done this once on property? Have you had an issue if the park was available? We are in limbo with an extra day we have and unsure where we want to be.

There shouldn't be any reason you can't do it. The only issue would be if you had already tagged into a park for the day, you couldn't say "nope, not this one, let's do something else!" and swap to another park for the same day. But if you had planned on two days for DHS, but got all your DHS stuff done on the first day and want more time at MK, you should be able to swap reservations if there's room at MK. The only thing I would say is that there's almost no way you'd be able to swap FOR a DHS day because they're almost always full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter