WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Now that Disney’s rules say that gaiters aren’t allowed, has anyone seen CM’s stopping people wearing them?

Saw people wearing gaiters and even one with a bandana at Disney Springs today. Plus the employees and manager at the Lego store were wearing gaiters. Mask compliance was the least Ive ever seen it there and the cast and managers said/did little to nothing about it.

To add, the first round they bring you:

- Meat selection (salami, etc) and cheeses
- Lox with toppings
- Assorted bread/muffins
- Mini yogurt cups
- Assorted fruit (mainly mellons)

The second round was:
- Sausage, bacon, ham and egg platter
- Mickey waffle, pancake, French toast platter
- Hash browns/cheesy potato
- Tater tots

It’s all you can eat, ask for more of anything and they’ll bring it right away.

No characters as expected, not even that static Chef Mickey statue/plate pic you usually take when you walk in.

CMs were amazing and seemed very happy to be back.

Vibe was different with no characters and it being empty, but DS said it was the best meal all week, so there’s that.

Price for two adults: Total $53.25 including tax. I’m assuming that’s less than the normal price?

This meal actually seems quite fair. I would choose it over the family-style you get at Ohana, where the selections are much more limited.

I think my only "complaint" is that the lox with toppings and the yogurt could be a bit wasteful, as I know our family would not want either of those things. Would it be rude to tell them not to bring us those things?

We've been to MK the past two days and I'll report that compliance is very good, but imperfect. That's about all you can expect. At the parks and resorts in all kinds of weather you see almost everyone around you properly wearing masks- that's kind of amazing, really. But just like there are the occasional but infrequent line cutters, there are also the occasional & infrequent guests with masks under their noses, guests who don't distance well, and guests who have masks off to eat without leaving the main walkway. These guests are rare, but I did notice a few today (and only today- I saw none during the AP preview, interestingly).

During the end of day wait for the return monorail, I saw a woman (purposely) loudly complain about the man behind her not distancing properly. He didn't react or give her more space (he was too close). But that was the only such exchange I witnessed. I would have been more sympathetic to the woman if her mask hadn't been under her nose lol.

Not sure I’ve seen this posted, may be behind. Resorts aren’t sharing buses. Eg, Poly and GF usually share under normal conditions (except peak times), but they are separate going to/from Poly to DAK.

Obviously these things can change frequently.
Are Swan and Dolphin sharing buses?

Anyone know how they are taking payments at restaurants if not using your magic band?
I always use gift cards.

Thanks! I was curious if they take the card like usual to run it. I know they were hoping to have "contactless" payments.
:)

It would be nice if they made it so you could use the giftcards on your phone, but until then, it is what it is. We usually charge meals to our magic bands and then pay them off with giftcards at the hotel, but I think this trip we might just pay with the giftcards up front so I don't have to go to the front desk to pay it off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter