WDW Cupcakes

We had 2 cupcakes at Sprinkles. I was surprised at how small they were compared to Disney cupcakes. They tasted ok but weren't anything special. Disney cupcakes are better.

I hope more people can post cupcake pictures! I will definitely post some when I return from my trip!

I just had this one over the weekend and it was only the second cupcake I've had at Disney that I thought was really good. It's the Rose Gold cupcake at Sunshine Seasons and it's a Vanilla and Nutella swirled cake with vanilla frosting.
View attachment 323192

You had me at "Nutella". The fact that it's also so pretty is just a plus.

I had a cupcake at Roaring Fork in 2014 before the refurb. It was a lemon cupcake with strawberry buttercream icing. And inside the cupcake was lemon curd. OMG! I didn't get a picture, but I still talk about that cupcake to this day. It was amazing! And somewhere I have a picture of the cupcake I got from AKL. I will see if I can find it.

Did Anyone have any fun cupcakes for 4th of July? I also want to try the Mermaid cupcake featured at Main Street Bakery. I hear it’s funfetti cake!

The milk and cookies cupcake from SSR. Filled with COOKIE DOUGH!
6fd130fa072d580db479549463b4c7ca.jpg
Good news for folks who stay at OKW...they now have the cupcakes that are carried at SSR available in the cooler in the gift shop. Including this one and the rose gold ears one.

2763561D-6C74-420C-9E69-1868DFE5B27E.jpeg
Good news for folks who stay at OKW...they now have the cupcakes that are carried at SSR available in the cooler in the gift shop. Including this one and the rose gold ears one.
And here is a pic of the rose gold one from SSR and OKW. Looks a little rough because this is after security at MCO.

I plan on getting at least one of these during my Copper Creek stay in September :)

So amazing! I still dream about it and definitely am trying to scheme how to get one on our next trip since we aren’t staying at CCV. :scratchin

@jillt2ph those look amazing! And in good shape even after the TSA got their hands on them!

I hope the Mermaid one is still there when I'm there in September. Although they'll probably move onto another trend by then. :earboy2:

25487258_10101925883895743_5256383686040657450_o.jpg

May I present the Butterfinger Cupcake at Hollywood Studios? It has quite a history! It used to be served at Starring Rolls, which no longer exists. It is now located at Trolley Car Cafe (AKA Starbucks) with a different name: the Peanut Butter Crunch Cupcake.

I don't really go for cupcakes normally, but I am a baker and a dessert snob, and this one certainly fits my tough qualifications to be an excellent treat. Oh my goodness, it is insanely good. It's a chocolate cupcake filled with chocolate fudge. It's topped with a vanilla buttercream, which is drenched in chocolate and a Butterfinger topping.

At Disney World, it seems like a lot of basic cupcakes are just made to look pretty and appealing. I'm not saying that they aren't good - most of Disney's cupcakes are. However, they're just nothing special. This cupcake, the Butterfinger Cupcake, is special and a must-do. They wouldn't have saved it from oblivion if it wasn't!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!